How the West was won vs. TSRTS (remasterd)

audioservant

Led Zep Official Live Recordings  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How the Westa was won vs. TSRTS (remasterd)

• HTWWW
    • TSRTS

Ok :blush: Have'nt heard TSRTS remastered. Is this the one their pulling out of stores because of the HD vs Blu-ray controversy? or is there a cd of TSRTS?

There is a CD of TSRTS, see the discograpy on this page for more information:

Some of the songs were re-cut and six songs were added for the 2007 edition

I thought it could be interesting to compare it to HTWWW...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TSRTS (Remastered) is fun, especially with the new songs..but I was not happy with some of the editing choices..most notably WLL and NQ.

HTWWW is just top form. All were at their live musical peaks and they're obviously having fun. It shows in the record better than any other official live release they'd issued.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Which one do you like better?

My main complaint with How The West Was Won is that Jimmy did not included enough "room sound" in the mix; it borders on sounding like a soundboard recording. What was cool about TSRTS is that you almost feel (as Cameron Crowe described in the original liner notes for TSRTS) that "you are sitting in the third row, center stage." You can hear whistles from the audience, the occassional whack-o who yells out during a quiet moment, etc. More like a real concert experience.

The HTWWW mix sounds a little TOO sterile; nice 'n' bright, but hardly any audience/room noise.

THESE COMMENTS DO NOT REFER TO THE PERFORMANCE QUALITY -- to that, I like them each as a good representative where the band was, before and after Plant's vocal range change in 1972. Just my silly opinion ...

• 5 months later...

There's a DVD of How the West Was Won? :huh: Or is it just a DVD-Audio? (most worthless format ever. If it's a DVD, I'd like to WATCH it!)

I think the Song Remains the Same is better. How the West Was Won is edited way too much and isn't very true to the original performance(s).

I think you're a bit mixed up. HTWWW didn't have nearly as much editing as TSRTS.

TSRTS. :D

:peace:,

Jo

Hi Jo! I thought that we had everything in common! You like TSRTS and I like HTWWW, which concert shows the mighty LED ZEPPELIN in top form and even sounds better? C-O-M-E O-N, which one is it? ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

LATE EDIT: WOW, the poll is running very close isn't it?

Hi Jo! I thought that we had everything in common! You like TSRTS and I like HTWWW, which concert shows the mighty LED ZEPPELIN in top form and even sounds better? C-O-M-E O-N, which one is it? ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

Ah! HTWWW is better quality, but with TSRTS, you get great footage of the band performing! I wouldn't trust any footage that claims to be be from HTWWW unless it was official. Sorry, I don't do bootlegs.

Jo

Ah! HTWWW is better quality, but with TSRTS, you get great footage of the band performing! I wouldn't trust any footage that claims to be be from HTWWW unless it was official. Sorry, I don't do bootlegs.

Jo

I have EXCELLENT DVD as well as CD bootlegs that would change your mind real quick. ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

I have EXCELLENT DVD as well as CD bootlegs that would change your mind real quick. ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

Yeah, but still, my thoughts about bootlegs basically are: "They work so hard, and then for someone to just tape it without their permission? And they don't make any money from it?" Not cool. No offense to you, though, my friend! :console2:

Jo

Yeah, but still, my thoughts about bootlegs basically are: "They work so hard, and then for someone to just tape it without their permission? And they don't make any money from it?" Not cool. No offense to you, though, my friend! :console2:

Jo

I know that you mean no offense to me my good friend, but both KNEBWORTH shows were professionally taped with the consent of Peter Grant and the band and yet, no release. There are great bootleg DVD's of both KNEBWORTH shows with OUTSTANDING picture and sound quality. I know, because I own both complete shows on DVD. I am totally surprised that both shows have not been released yet. Who knows, maybe someday they will be released. Only time will tell. ROCK ON FOREVER!

I know that you mean no offense to me my good friend, but both KNEBWORTH shows were professionally taped with the consent of Peter Grant and the band and yet, no release. There are great bootleg DVD's of both KNEBWORTH shows with OUTSTANDING picture and sound quality. I know, because I own both complete shows on DVD. I am totally surprised that both shows have not been released yet. Who knows, maybe someday they will be released. Only time will tell. ROCK ON FOREVER!

Didn't know that about Knebworth! Wait and see. Sounds cool! :D

Jo

Archived