How the West was won vs. TSRTS (remasterd)

audioservant

Led Zep Official Live Recordings  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How the Westa was won vs. TSRTS (remasterd)

• HTWWW
    • TSRTS

• 2 weeks later...

Ah! HTWWW is better quality, but with TSRTS, you get great footage of the band performing! I wouldn't trust any footage that claims to be be from HTWWW unless it was official. Sorry, I don't do bootlegs.

peace.gif,

Jo

TSRTS just because of DAC.

• 1 year later...

I personally like the "DVD" better because I love the RAH footage. Plus, the first time I watched TSRTS I had a huge WTF moment when the movie starts. I was very unaware of the fantasy sequences. I would much rather watch the band on stage than Jimmy climbing the cliff and meeting up with Obi Wan Kenobi and his lightsaber.

I personally like the "DVD" better because I love the RAH footage.

I inadvertently helped contribute to the confusion but this thread is about the How the West Was Won album vs. the newly remastered version of The Song Remains The Same Original Motion Picture Soundtrack not Led Zeppelin DVD vs. The Song Remains the Same movie.

I inadvertently helped contribute to the confusion but this thread is about the How the West Was Won album vs. the newly remastered version of The Song Remains The Same Original Motion Picture Soundtrack not Led Zeppelin DVD vs. The Song Remains the Same movie.

Opps! Sorry.

Well then my answer is a bit different.

I love both but HTWWW edges out the TSRTS soundtrack for me because I have a special affinity for the third album. How can I not love an album that starts off with the Immigrant Song.

I do love listening to Heartbreaker on TSRTS and the segue into Whole Lotta Love.

(Jahfin, I love your avatar. I have that image on a t-shirt. There are days that it expresses exactly how I feel and I don't have to say a word.)

• 2 months later...

Jahfin, I love your avatar. I have that image on a t-shirt. There are days that it expresses exactly how I feel and I don't have to say a word.)

Thanks, it's classic Cash and sums up his persona and what he stood for musically (and otherwise) to a t.

• 4 weeks later...

The Song Remains The Same. The added tunes were most welcome and I really really loved the version of Since I've Been Loving You included on there. How The West Was Won sort of reminds me of an official bootleg which is fine but given a choice between the two, TSRTS remastered works on all levels for me. The audio CD's that is, I don't need to ever watch the movie again in my natural lifetime.

Well since it says remastered in the post I have to go with TSRTS.

Have you heard the remastered version of it? Might want to actually listen to it before placing your vote. I know some here had an issue with the amount of flange used during "Moby Dick" along with the over all editing job.

Have you heard the remastered version of it? Might want to actually listen to it before placing your vote. I know some here had an issue with the amount of flange used during "Moby Dick" along with the over all editing job.

I prefer the original tapes over everything of course; but I love how Jimmy pieced together the best of all 3 nights.

• 1 year later...

Archived