Avoiding Covid 19 and Vaccine?

LedZeppfan1977

The Russians are pounding their chests that they have come up with a vaccine and will shoot up their own starting in October they say?  Sounds like insanity.  But who knows?  If this thing mutates like they say, its terrifying. There are some that believe this is a clear message from above.  Who can argue otherwise?  I have diabetes, type 2, so I guess I have to worry about getting it. I wear the mask religiously when in a store. I forgot one time to put it on.  I have about 5 in the car and they are washed weekly. I do not go out much these days. So I am in upstate NY.  That might be an advantage?  I am wondering how difficult it has been for many others here that live in much different areas?  My daughter was working in Manhattan but now going to have her second baby in September in NJ.  They even bough ta new house during this madness!  I was shocked to hear it.  So much damn uncertainty in the world in all areas.  Financial, medical, etc. So  hope you are all taking this seriously and are hoping we see an end at some point. But I do not see the finish line at all right now.

1 hour ago, Walter said:

I don’t know what you read/watch but over 170,000 deaths, and counting, in the country that’s supposed to be the world leader in healthcare, in less than 6 months is pretty significant. 

Well, Trump did say he would make America #1 again

1 hour ago, redrum said:

All I fuckin' said was how come they never mention the recoveries?

23 million cases worldwide.

Almost 16 million recovered.

Ignorital | Simpsons Wiki | Fandom

The things I watch and read do mention it, that’s my point. That recovery rate is a tough pill to swallow. Especially when the most advanced country on earth leads the way in infections and deaths. That’s a complete lack of ability to prepare, adjust and have a plan like other countries have done. Clear enough?  Fuckin-A, red. 

11 minutes ago, Walter said:

The things I watch and read do mention it, that’s my point. That recovery rate is a tough pill to swallow. Especially when the most advanced country on earth leads the way in infections and deaths. That’s a complete lack of ability to prepare, adjust and have a plan like other countries have done. Clear enough?  Fuckin-A, red. 

FIVE out of the 50 states account for nearly 50% of all those infections and deaths in America. 

I hope this thread gets deleted (too). 

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

FIVE out of the 50 states account for nearly 50% of all those infections and deaths in America. 

On this we agree. But the facts are the facts.

Edited by Walter

16 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The Russians are pounding their chests that they have come up with a vaccine and will shoot up their own starting in October they say?  Sounds like insanity.  But who knows?  If this thing mutates like they say, its terrifying. There are some that believe this is a clear message from above.  Who can argue otherwise?  I have diabetes, type 2, so I guess I have to worry about getting it. I wear the mask religiously when in a store. I forgot one time to put it on.  I have about 5 in the car and they are washed weekly. I do not go out much these days. So I am in upstate NY.  That might be an advantage?  I am wondering how difficult it has been for many others here that live in much different areas?  My daughter was working in Manhattan but now going to have her second baby in September in NJ.  They even bough ta new house during this madness!  I was shocked to hear it.  So much damn uncertainty in the world in all areas.  Financial, medical, etc. So  hope you are all taking this seriously and are hoping we see an end at some point. But I do not see the finish line at all right now.

Hi 77, How's it going?

OMG 77, I know 4 people in Russia. One on this site. Aside from that, one I know gives her kids with Hydroxychloroquine. 

That with zinc and another med beginning with an R *I forget* is not only something that helps, but a preventative. As for a cure for a virus, we have never even come up with a cure for the flu. This Corona is about 2.5 worse. Flu vaccine is BS. How many on this site have got the flu after having the flu vaccine? It's BS, and a waste of a good vein every year.

It is highly transmissible. But the death count has been obscured by about 25%, according to the CDC lady with Fauci (Delta Burkes, The Queen of Scarves, whatever her name is). If you have a family member with it, and you go out and get run over by a car, your death will be attributed to COVID 19. Your body getting squished by a car will in effect, cause your lungs to stop your breathing regulation. Since COVID is a respiratory virus, it is counted as COVID.

That said, I have worked with around 8 to 9K patients since March that have been tested. Of the first 6K, 10 came back with positive results. Masks aren't effective, unless you have one that you can't smell through. The reason for masks isn't for your protection; it's to protect other people from you. If you cough or sneeze, your mask protects others from whatever you might have. The flu, for instance.

I have only known 3 people (friends or acquaintances) to have it. One was black with diabetes. She died. She was otherwise healthy. One was a bitch, and she lived. The other was from NY, and he visited his mom in a nursing home a lot back in April.

You are in upstate? As long as you have a Cuomo as your gov'na, you are in danger. The guy sent positive patients into nursing homes! Old people's immunities are already low. Why strike a match and set it upon the top of a matchbook? Sick person. Yes, I would worry under management like that!

Otherwise, this is pretty much hype. Herd immunity is the key to the resolution of this virus. Some will die, (like my friend) yes. But the chances of contracting it are less than 1%. The chance of dying from it are about less than half of the US population that contracted it. It's hype. You have more of a chance of dying from pneumonia. But, this is coming from a closet germaphobe.

Edited by apantherfrommd

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I know NY and Jersey are two. I look at leadership under those 2. Governors are in charge during pandemics. Not president.

I wonder what is in common with the top percentage of citizens within those states, and how bad the leadership is among those top states.

I don't know, so I am asking your opinion, Jonesy. Many thanks if you answer.

In Maryland, the count has gone way down, significantly. Way lower than before. And I don't see hospital beds being filled. It can't be that bad.

I see it as dissolving after 20% of an area has been affected. Then it moves on.

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Preparation from last admin left us unprepared for a pandemic. It had to be built again from the bottom up, which has been exceptionable.

I would say lack of care on ability to prepare. When there is nothing in the cupboard, you have no choice but to build from scratch. 😉

Edited by apantherfrommd

33 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

Preparation from last admin left us unprepared for a pandemic. It had to be built again from the bottom up, which has been exceptionable.

I would say lack of care on ability to prepare. When there is nothing in the cupboard, you have no choice but to build from scratch. 😉

This is why threads like this get deleted. People start spouting bullshit. 

33 minutes ago, Strider said:

This is why threads like this get deleted. People start spouting bullshit. 

Hey Strider, I hope you're doing well and in good health.

Threads don't have to be deleted. Take, for instance, this man's request to know what the Hell is going on where he lives. Upstate NY. Keep focused, Man. 

I guess people would start spouting bullshit based on what they hear from WaPo or NY Times. But give some consideration, and throw your media driven brainwashing to the side for once. 

I actually work with it Every f-- day. I'm sick of it, tbh with you. Listen to someone in the field for once, and put BS aside. Do you deal with 6K, 5K, 4 K. 2K. or 1K of folks tested?

Didn't think so. Test supplies were about at zero at the beginning. I'm telling him the truth, because I care about his life. Do you?? Or does what you read to make you feel better more important than this man's life? I didn't think so. Grow up a bit, enjoy the music at your store. I have been dealing with this in the field, first hand. You haven't. I bypass the media you take as gospel.

I'm not trying to cause waves. This is about truth. Not your pride. After H1N1 (10 Years Gone), there wasn't many supplies left, and no replacement. Man, grow up! This is life. There was nothing resupplied. In fact, they first slowed down and stopped testing before, because they assumed H1N1 was NOT worthy. I took care of people affected by that as well. I know what I'm talking about, because I was drowning in it 10 years ago, Man. And today is just as important. It's sickening and a huge stressor.

Edited by apantherfrommd

5 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Hi 77, How's it going?

OMG 77, I know 4 people in Russia. One on this site. Aside from that, one I know gives her kids with Hydroxychloroquine. 

That with zinc and another med beginning with an R *I forget* is not only something that helps, but a preventative. As for a cure for a virus, we have never even come up with a cure for the flu. This Corona is about 2.5 worse. Flu vaccine is BS. How many on this site have got the flu after having the flu vaccine? It's BS, and a waste of a good vein every year.

It is highly transmissible. But the death count has been obscured by about 25%, according to the CDC lady with Fauci (Delta Burkes, The Queen of Scarves, whatever her name is). If you have a family member with it, and you go out and get run over by a car, your death will be attributed to COVID 19. Your body getting squished by a car will in effect, cause your lungs to stop your breathing regulation. Since COVID is a respiratory virus, it is counted as COVID.

That said, I have worked with around 8 to 9K patients since March that have been tested. Of the first 6K, 10 came back with positive results. Masks aren't effective, unless you have one that you can't smell through. The reason for masks isn't for your protection; it's to protect other people from you. If you cough or sneeze, your mask protects others from whatever you might have. The flu, for instance.

I have only known 3 people (friends or acquaintances) to have it. One was black with diabetes. She died. She was otherwise healthy. One was a bitch, and she lived. The other was from NY, and he visited his mom in a nursing home a lot back in April.

You are in upstate? As long as you have a Cuomo as your gov'na, you are in danger. The guy sent positive patients into nursing homes! Old people's immunities are already low. Why strike a match and set it upon the top of a matchbook? Sick person. Yes, I would worry under management like that!

Otherwise, this is pretty much hype. Herd immunity is the key to the resolution of this virus. Some will die, (like my friend) yes. But the chances of contracting it are less than 1%. The chance of dying from it are about less than half of the US population that contracted it. It's hype. You have more of a chance of dying from pneumonia. But, this is coming from a closet germaphobe.

You know, I have NEVER gotten a flu shot. I do not believe in them.  I did get a shngles vaccine, its a nightmare.  I also got the pnumoniia vaccine. Sorry about the spelling. Too lazy to fix.  I thin Cuomo has done more god than bad given the crap thrown at him.  Do not forget he had millions of cases and he got this state to the lowest level of 50 states, some of which have more grizzly bears than humans.  Not that I am happy with all that he does. He has me madder than hell on another issue I will save for another thread.  This whole thing has messed up life as we knew it more than anything in recent history.  No doubt. I think its crazy what that mother is doing with the drug that was touted by a certain president.  I wont go there.