When I met Jimmy Page.

EGNURC

Quite a nice story and yes, you were lucky to catch him for a chance encounter.  If were I in your position at that moment, I guess that I would have deferred to his privacy and said nothing.  But, that's just me.  I would have chalked its up to a lucky happenstance and let it go at that, that I was in the right place at the right time.

ADK-Zeppy

2 hours ago, ADK-Zeppy said:

Quite a nice story and yes, you were lucky to catch him for a chance encounter.  If were I in your position at that moment, I guess that I would have deferred to his privacy and said nothing.  But, that's just me.  I would have chalked its up to a lucky happenstance and let it go at that, that I was in the right place at the right time.

ADK-Zeppy

Thank you so much !

Nice story. I met him too (and Robert Plant, and Michael Lee). I spent a fair bit of time with Jimmy, and we had a nice conversation about a number of topics, including his Yardbirds days and concert locations. He was remarkably kind, humble, and pleasant, and was genuinely interested in asking me questions as well. He definitely was not a self centered person from what I could tell, and I cannot say enough good things about him, and the lasting impression he made on me. People rag on Jimmy about various things, and some of it is well deserved, but I can say without any doubt that he is a gentleman if you are respectful to him. Thanks for sharing your story. 

42 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

Nice story. I met him too (and Robert Plant, and Michael Lee). I spent a fair bit of time with Jimmy, and we had a nice conversation about a number of topics, including his Yardbirds days and concert locations. He was remarkably kind, humble, and pleasant, and was genuinely interested in asking me questions as well. He definitely was not a self centered person from what I could tell, and I cannot say enough good things about him, and the lasting impression he made on me. People rag on Jimmy about various things, and some of it is well deserved, but I can say without any doubt that he is a gentleman if you are respectful to him. Thanks for sharing your story. 

Mr.Zep Head  

Thank you so much !  Jimmy page is an eternal guitar carisma !

6 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Thanks for this glimpse into your experience.  Were you in Canada at the time you met all three?

ADk-Zeppy 

3 hours ago, ADK-Zeppy said:

Thanks for this glimpse into your experience.  Were you in Canada at the time you met all three?

ADk-Zeppy 

Yes, I met the three of them in Vancouver when they were touring the Walking into Clarksdale album. It seems like yesterday, although many years have passed since then. 

45 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

Yes, I met the three of them in Vancouver when they were touring the Walking into Clarksdale album. It seems like yesterday, although many years have passed since then. 

Great experience !!