Offenburg 1973

Mr_K

I'm listening to a boot of Offenburg 1973 as I write. Rough recording but wonderful performance.

What is the back story on the boot? I've heard better but this ain't bad from the audience.... yes, it really isn't bad.... I can hear JPJ bass on TSRTS.... quite nice.

This may be their best show of 73. No flaws. Everyone was on tonight.

Any news for a soundboard for the show? Thanks.

15 hours ago, Mr_K said:

I'm listening to a boot of Offenburg 1973 as I write. Rough recording but wonderful performance.

What is the back story on the boot? I've heard better but this ain't bad from the audience.... yes, it really isn't bad.... I can hear JPJ bass on TSRTS.... quite nice.

This may be their best show of 73. No flaws. Everyone was on tonight.

Any news for a soundboard for the show? Thanks.

The '73 European run is the most intense series of concerts they played throughout their careers, AND Offenburg (in my opinion) is the best from those 5-6 shows. Page, Bonham, and Jonesy are just ferocious during that run, especially Page in the show you mention; and Plant sounds better too, compared to the previous nights. I don't know which bootleg you have, but there are some excellent sounding releases of this night. I've never heard of any soundboard for Offenburg, but many of the previous nights have partial soundboards---(give a listen to Vienna's Heartbreaker intro for a sample in-case you've missed it thus far) out there, so never say never.

53 minutes ago, Tainted cheese said:

The '73 European run is the most intense series of concerts they played throughout their careers, AND Offenburg (in my opinion) is the best from those 5-6 shows. Page, Bonham, and Jonesy are just ferocious during that run, especially Page in the show you mention; and Plant sounds better too, compared to the previous nights. I don't know which bootleg you have, but there are some excellent sounding releases of this night. I've never heard of any soundboard for Offenburg, but many of the previous nights have partial soundboards---(give a listen to Vienna's Heartbreaker intro for a sample in-case you've missed it thus far) out there, so never say never.

Thanks for answering. I will be looking for other bootlegs of the show.

What I'm interested in is who did the taping for the show? What equipment did they use? Thanks.

3 hours ago, Mr_K said:

Thanks for answering. I will be looking for other bootlegs of the show.

What I'm interested in is who did the taping for the show? What equipment did they use? Thanks.

No soundboard for this show as of yet (lets keep our fingers crossed that it does exist and will be released before we all die!) 

There are two recordings of this show both from the audience. One that sounds like it was recorded with a tape deck with an internal mic but still listenable and the more widely known source for the Boot Custard Pie which sounds (to my ears) like it was recorded on a good deck with external mics on two separate booms one for each channel. It's too bad that one of the channels cuts out quite often, not all the way out but enough to muss the sound. Had this not happened I say this would be one of the most atmospheric recordings of Zeppelin you could find. Dazed And Confused is worth listening alone.  

The only drawback for this show is that No Quarter wasn't performed. Just think how intense it could have been.

On 9/13/2020 at 2:07 PM, hummingbird69 said:

No soundboard for this show as of yet (lets keep our fingers crossed that it does exist and will be released before we all die!) 

There are two recordings of this show both from the audience. One that sounds like it was recorded with a tape deck with an internal mic but still listenable and the more widely known source for the Boot Custard Pie which sounds (to my ears) like it was recorded on a good deck with external mics on two separate booms one for each channel. It's too bad that one of the channels cuts out quite often, not all the way out but enough to muss the sound. Had this not happened I say this would be one of the most atmospheric recordings of Zeppelin you could find. Dazed And Confused is worth listening alone.  

The only drawback for this show is that No Quarter wasn't performed. Just think how intense it could have been.

Good info! Thanks.