Why no Zep Sirius station?

weapon2010

There are all these other channels like Phish , Tom Petty, Dead, U2, etc.Zep was briefly channel 28. So why would'nt they have a Zep channel with Zep as the focus and mix in Robert Plant solo , The Firm, Yardbirds, Page solo, Honeydrippers, alot of material that Page played on Petula Clark, Kinks, Who, Stones? Mix in the live and rare stuff...............is that not an awsome channel?.............yet it does not exist.

3 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

I know, channel 28 , why does  it go? and all these other channels stay?

Maybe Sirius didn’t want to pay Atlantic / Swansong / Rhino, etc royalties for longer than the negotiated contract of 30 days. Maybe the 3 surviving members and Bonham estate achieved their goal of promoting Led Zeppelin every once in a while for certain times, as people still buy the catalog on multiple formats, the diehard fans already have everything that’s released and newer younger fans of music mostly want to stream everything nowadays.  It might be a waste of their (3 P’s and Bonham estate) money; who knows???  Ask or write / email their label.

R😎 

Edited by reids

5 hours ago, reids said:

Maybe Sirius didn’t want to pay Atlantic / Swansong / Rhino, etc royalties for longer than the negotiated contract of 30 days. Maybe the 3 surviving members and Bonham estate achieved their goal of promoting Led Zeppelin every once in a while for certain times, as people still buy the catalog on multiple formats, the diehard fans already have everything that’s released and newer younger fans of music mostly want to stream everything nowadays.  It might be a waste of their (3 P’s and Bonham estate) money; who knows???  Ask or write / email their label.

R😎 

Yep. Those channels are paid for, for a reason. 

5 hours ago, reids said:

R😎 

The band's management has seemed content to use Sirius only for limited time, promotional purposes. Had I lived in the US I may have become a Sirius subscriber when Howard Stern took his show there, but I don't know how long I would have continued to pay for it. A lot of people nowadays feel that Sirius went to shit after the corporate merger happened. Instead of two companies being forced to compete for market share by catering to listener's preferences, a combined SiriusXM just limits selection and introduces new fees in the name of stockholder value. So it seems that ultimately everything has come full circle just as it did for AM/FM radio, going from an essentially free form format to a staid, predictable, and played out conglomerated corporate medium.

Edited by SteveAJones

11 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

The band's management has seemed content to use Sirius only for limited time, promotional purposes. Had I lived in the US I may have become a Sirius subscriber when Howard Stern took his show there, but I don't know how long I would have continued to pay for it. A lot of people nowadays feel that Sirius went to shit after the corporate merger happened. Instead of two companies being forced to compete for market share by catering to listener's preferences, a combined SiriusXM just limits selection and introduces new fees in the name of stockholder value. So it seems that ultimately everything has come full circle just as it did for AM/FM radio, going from an essentially free form format to a staid, predictable, and played out conglomerated corporate medium.

You are not wrong with your statement here. I have been a subscriber, but feel the same way as you just described here. Second verse, same as the first.... 

17 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Well said. Sad, but true.

I only joined to listen to deep cuts and alternate mixes on stations while winning prizes (vinyl/cd box sets, signed framed photos from well known photographers, etc) occasionally on channel 106 (debatable program), but since covid, that well has run dry, too. I like listening to the afternoon show still with Alan Light (Rolling Stone editor) and Mark Goodman (original MTV VJ fame), but not the morning program anymore (w/ their cast) as they’re (the main two announcers Nick and Laurie) too political (constant narrative) .  They need to replace the cohost from their morning show (Nick). He’s too arrogant (never lets you get a word in if you call in to speak or share something topical), condescending (belittles most callers), argumentative and skewed politically (constant narrative) . Their guest hosts (Jim Shearer, Lindsey Graham, etc) are so much better and friendlier to listen to and speak with (if you can get on air to converse). If I’m paying for an alternative, I want to hear deep cuts, alternate mixes, Rare/live or out of print material; not the same formatted / curated stuff (or curated with a social / political agenda) as regular radio.  With regards to Led Zeppelin on Sirius XM material, I wanted to hear rare , unreleased , alternate mixes , etc. 

R😎

Edited by reids

Speaking of Sirius and Howard- he did a "tribute" to Bonzo Bonham earlier this week- talked about how he was the best and went on to show what he could do by comparing the earlier version of Levee to the official version.  Then got in an argument about whether Peart was better than Bohnam- so on and so forth.  They decided to settle it by having Lars Ulrich on the next day to make the official call.  You can guess what the result was.  Interesting stuff, especially for drummers.