Hello from South Carolina, USA

zoso_jobes

Hey everyone,

My name is Cory. I'm 27 years old. Grew up in Michigan and currently living in South Carolina. I actually made this account years and years ago but never did anything with it.  I've been a huge Zeppelin fan since I was 12 or so when a couple friends introduced Physical Graffiti to me. Little did I know that those moments we're going to change my life forever. I was a young guitar player at the time and finding my love for Zep helped me elevate my playing just by learning and playing along with what Page was doing. I'm still playing live music to this day with my band and anyone else who is down for an improv jam session!

So as my addiction to Zep was growing. I began tracking down memorabilia and bootlegs. I had around 150 Zep bootlegs on vinyl at one point. I remember the first one I found. It was at Melodies and Memories in Detroit. The cover was blank and the labels were blue with a hand written track list. It was a collection of songs from the BBC. I was probably 13 or 14 at the time. Over time,  I sold a ton off to fund another addiction of mine which is jazz vinyl. I knew all of the boots were available digitally and most likely better quality so I kept my favorites on vinyl and sold the rest. Usually if I'm listening to Zep on vinyl its my Classic Records 200 gram pressings anyways.

I recently bought a new laptop so I was organizing some stuff when I came across a flash drive full of Zep bootlegs. Well, one thing led to another and I am once again down the Zep rabbit hole. Over the last few days I've been spending a lot of my time downloading and listening to Zep shows including the newly released 9/28 Osaka show. Just absolutely incredible. I cant get enough of that show. Its like discovering live Zep all over again!

Hopefully, I can contribute some to the awesome conversations on here!

Have a great day everyone!

-Cory

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 3:03 PM, Strider said:

Greetings Cory and welcome to the Forums! What do you miss most about Michigan?

Well, besides family I would have to say the record stores. So many killer options. I certainly don't miss the winter weather! lol

Edited by zoso_jobes

• 2 months later...
On 10/2/2020 at 2:24 PM, zoso_jobes said:

Hey everyone,

My name is Cory. I'm 27 years old. Grew up in Michigan and currently living in South Carolina. I actually made this account years and years ago but never did anything with it.  I've been a huge Zeppelin fan since I was 12 or so when a couple friends introduced Physical Graffiti to me. Little did I know that those moments we're going to change my life forever. I was a young guitar player at the time and finding my love for Zep helped me elevate my playing just by learning and playing along with what Page was doing. I'm still playing live music to this day with my band and anyone else who is down for an improv jam session!

So as my addiction to Zep was growing. I began tracking down memorabilia and bootlegs. I had around 150 Zep bootlegs on vinyl at one point. I remember the first one I found. It was at Melodies and Memories in Detroit. The cover was blank and the labels were blue with a hand written track list. It was a collection of songs from the BBC. I was probably 13 or 14 at the time. Over time,  I sold a ton off to fund another addiction of mine which is jazz vinyl. I knew all of the boots were available digitally and most likely better quality so I kept my favorites on vinyl and sold the rest. Usually if I'm listening to Zep on vinyl its my Classic Records 200 gram pressings anyways.

I recently bought a new laptop so I was organizing some stuff when I came across a flash drive full of Zep bootlegs. Well, one thing led to another and I am once again down the Zep rabbit hole. Over the last few days I've been spending a lot of my time downloading and listening to Zep shows including the newly released 9/28 Osaka show. Just absolutely incredible. I cant get enough of that show. Its like discovering live Zep all over again!

Hopefully, I can contribute some to the awesome conversations on here!

Have a great day everyone!

-Cory

Welcome to the club - Physical Graffiti was a life changing album indeed

• 2 months later...

Hey Cory! 

I felt like I had to comment on your post. I'm 27 as well and a newbie on here. My Led Zeppelin love is not as old as yours and I am far from having such an impressive collection of amazing records but I can definitely relate to the thoughts that brought you into this forum. After years of halfassed campfire acoustic guitar playing I finally got myself an electric guitar a while ago and that definitely changed the way I listen to Led Zeppelin and only made me love them even more! 

Can you recommend some good beginner/intermediate LZ guitar songs/riffs? 

Cheers from rainy Denmark 

On 2/25/2021 at 4:18 PM, Annamilia said:

Hey Cory! 

I felt like I had to comment on your post. I'm 27 as well and a newbie on here. My Led Zeppelin love is not as old as yours and I am far from having such an impressive collection of amazing records but I can definitely relate to the thoughts that brought you into this forum. After years of halfassed campfire acoustic guitar playing I finally got myself an electric guitar a while ago and that definitely changed the way I listen to Led Zeppelin and only made me love them even more! 

Can you recommend some good beginner/intermediate LZ guitar songs/riffs? 

Cheers from rainy Denmark 

I would think any of the following would be good to start with and form a basic building block to your repertoire:

"Immigrant Song" (no pesky solo to master…just good solid crunching riffs)

"Communication Breakdown"

"Whole Lotta Love"

"Thank You"

"Living Loving Maid"

"Out on the Tiles"

"Gallows Pole"

"That's the Way"

"Misty Mountain Hop"

"Rock and Roll"

"The Ocean"

"Custard Pie"

"Boogie With Stu"