Limited Edition Reissue Of “Immigrant Song” Japanese 7” Single (Press Release)

sam_webmaster

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

1/14/21: With great regret, Warner Music must inform Led Zeppelin fans that the “Immigrant Song / Hey, Hey, What Can I Do” 7” single has been cancelled. We sincerely apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused.

Refunds will be available at point of purchase.

2 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

1/14/21: With great regret, Warner Music must inform Led Zeppelin fans that the “Immigrant Song / Hey, Hey, What Can I Do” 7” single has been cancelled. We sincerely apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused.

Refunds will be available at point of purchase.

Yes, but why? No explanation?

I received this as well: 

Dear Led Zeppelin Fans,

You are receiving this email because you have placed a pre-order from the Led Zeppelin marketplace.

Please see a statement below from the seller:

""Unfortunately the band and their record company issued the following statement regarding the Immigrant Song 7” vinyl that you pre-ordered.

"With great regret, Warner Music must inform Led Zeppelin fans that the “Immigrant Song / Hey, Hey, What Can I Do” 7” single has been cancelled. We sincerely apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused. Refunds will be available at point of purchase."

This is something totally beyond our control and we can only offer our apologies but we will be automatically issuing full refunds for your orders of the 7” and accompanying t-shirts.""

We can confirm that a refund will be issued to you in the next 7 working days and there's no need for you to take any additional action.

Kind regards,
Music Glue Support

On 1/17/2021 at 8:10 PM, The Only Way To Fly said:

Wow - the demand was certainly there. Just more BS reckon, - a hang over from 2020 I suppose... Sad. 

I suspect the demand wasn't there - they were asking $20 for a copy of a record that can easily be found for $10-15.

• 1 month later...

I had ordered this single, a tshirt, and a lz3 hoodie from .com...I received an email in November that the record and tshirt had been delivered, and they obviously were not.  A few days later the hoodie arrived and I checked music glue, and my account page said the hoodie hadn't shipped yet (said it was due to ship in January), the account page also said that the yet unreleased record and tshirt had already been delivered to me...then a few months went by and now the record and tshirt are cancelled?   

Very weird, but who knows...based on my experience so far, music glue seems like a bit of a s-show disaster.  Maybe they accidentally sold double the amount to be released (this was supposed to be limited release, right?) and they realized it at the last second, so cancelled the release due to the error so they wouldn't have to admit the mistake on their end.

At least I got my refund in a timely fashion.