500 Greatest Songs of All Time

sears

The Immigrant Song, The Battle of Evermore and Bohemian Rhapsody should be all in the top 10.

But at least Stairway to Heaven was 1st , Whole Lotta Love 3rd and Rock and Roll 7th:

1. Led Zeppelin Stairway To Heaven

2. Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb

3. Led Zeppelin Whole Lotta Love

4. The Beatles A Day In The Life

5. The Rolling Stones (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

6. AC/DC You Shook Me All Night Long

7. Led Zeppelin Rock And Roll

8. The Eagles Hotel California

9. Lynyrd Skynyrd Sweet Home Alabama

10. The Rolling Stones Sympathy For The Devil

Do you think, once the children of the seventies died, That songs from the 80's or 90's will be voted the best. I not being an asswipe i somwhat agree with the list. but the children of EMO will be EMO adults one day?

You mean if they don't cut they're wrist before??

Just kidding. It's a good question perhaps with time , when the 80s and 90s are more "mature" maybe the seventies will be relegated to 2nd or 3rd place.

Lets watch and see.

This list is right on the money!!! Throw in Wont Get Fooled Again somewhere and its perfect. Beautiful list!!! Help should replace A Day In the Life though

I can't get no s....is nowhwere near the Stones best tune...I'd pick JJFlash, Sym for the D, or Gimme Shelter before I'd pick that in the top ten....my personal fave tune by them is Bitch though!!!

Do you think, once the children of the seventies died, That songs from the 80's or 90's will be voted the best. I not being an asswipe i somwhat agree with the list. but the children of EMO will be EMO adults one day?

I'll even take it a step further, what happens once 25 years have passed since many of today's popular emo outfits released their first album and are eligible for the RnR Hall of Fame? I'm not trying to incite another HoF sucks discussion, but seriously, what happens if and when they join the ranks in the hall?

Heres the link!! Zeppelin has 3 songs in top ten!!

From Q107 aka Q10zeppelin!! The station that "made rock and roll classic" -Jimmy Page

http://www.q107.com/home/FiveHundredGreate...81/Default.aspx

I remember listening to Q107's Top 500 songs back in 1985 and STH was #1 then. It's probably been that way every year. Zeppelin is the #1 played band on Q107 it seems. You'll hear 'em at 2x iin an hour. I keep trying to sneak that station on at work. B) But the station we listen to plays them around 3 times a day, so it's all good.

If you score it like a cross country race Zeppelin wins.

Add the top five songs from each band recieving one point for each position rank. The lowest score wins.

Led Zeppelin 1 ,3,7,31,48 = 90

Pink Floyd 2, 12, 28, 33, 43 = 118

Beatles 4, 19, 22,35, 66 =146

Th Rolling Stones 5, 10, 46, 50, 89 = 200

The Immigrant Song, The Battle of Evermore and Bohemian Rhapsody should be all in the top 10.

But at least Stairway to Heaven was 1st , Whole Lotta Love 3rd and Rock and Roll 7th:

1. Led Zeppelin Stairway To Heaven

2. Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb

3. Led Zeppelin Whole Lotta Love

4. The Beatles A Day In The Life

5. The Rolling Stones (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

6. AC/DC You Shook Me All Night Long

7. Led Zeppelin Rock And Roll

8. The Eagles Hotel California

9. Lynyrd Skynyrd Sweet Home Alabama

10. The Rolling Stones Sympathy For The Devil

There's at least 4 songs on that list I positively HATE!

My Zeppelin picks might have included Kashmir, In My Time Of Dying, In The Light, Battle Of Evermore, a few from Zep III, For Your Life, Sick Again....etc. .....but certainly none of those on that list! :blink:

And I'd have a few Sabbath / Purple / Wishbone / Rainbow songs in there. Certainly not AC/DC !!!!!!!!

I don't want to start the discussion but I think the RNRHOF does suck. I mean Madonna, she is pop not rock.

And I didn't find any Janis in that list.

actually she is on the list...she was part of the big holding company group and piece of my heart is at #173

bryan adams...are you kidding me???!? dream on not in the top ten?!?!??! no seasons of wither...light my fire is not in the top ten!?!?!? no freebird...if you got the list from a boston station half of these songs would not be on it

• 2 months later...