Visiting Boleskine

Thanks for sharing - looks like it was a lovely day as well!

From what I can gather, either the (C)O.T.O. or a proxy thereof has acquired the estate and have been e-begging for funds to renovate the house.  I don't think we'll see anything meaningful in our lifetime but it is deliciously ironic that we have a real world instance of the lunatics running the asylum! :)

It was a fantastic day! 

The people are calling themselves 'The Boleskine House Foundation' on Facebook/Instagram and they were working on the place when I was there? I didn't get a closer look at the house (other than a scoot up a close little hillock...) but I had a reply from them on Instagram saying that if I ever wanted to walk around the ruins I could drop them a message and they'd be happy to let me in.

2 hours ago, Paimonus Rex said:

Thanks for sharing - looks like it was a lovely day as well!

From what I can gather, either the (C)O.T.O. or a proxy thereof has acquired the estate and have been e-begging for funds to renovate the house.  I don't think we'll see anything meaningful in our lifetime but it is deliciously ironic that we have a real world instance of the lunatics running the asylum! :)

It's in Scotland. Any day when it's not raining is a lovely day. Loch Ness in the background. Stunning

On 10/13/2020 at 11:33 PM, jamesward88 said:

It was a fantastic day! 

The people are calling themselves 'The Boleskine House Foundation' on Facebook/Instagram and they were working on the place when I was there? I didn't get a closer look at the house (other than a scoot up a close little hillock...) but I had a reply from them on Instagram saying that if I ever wanted to walk around the ruins I could drop them a message and they'd be happy to let me in.

It's ruined alright and impossible to restore. At best it could be recreated to some extent but I fail to see the point. It's gone.

On 10/15/2020 at 12:28 PM, SteveAJones said:

It's ruined alright and impossible to restore. At best it could be recreated to some extent but I fail to see the point. It's gone.

Can't believe I've gotten a chance to say this to @SteveAJones but you're incorrect in this matter, good sir. 🙏

The ruin just got taken off the local authority's dangerous buildings list and is full steam ahead for a rebuild in the coming years. The gate lodge is already refurbished - a mate of mine did it. All the up-to-date info is on their Facebook page and website.

Edited by FavouriteTipple