Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone! I’m James and I’m new here but I just thought I’d share a few photos from my recent ‘pilgrimage’ to Boleskine!

E233A0D7-1EAE-4FE8-A06A-05F57E9DB5FC.jpeg

C126DEB7-EF6B-4AA4-9695-D64C24AE6308.jpeg

AA8D1D19-8A7D-496E-A367-E92F0AD6666F.jpeg

622A5B62-6CE5-417F-8E57-CC37A02AEA41.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing - looks like it was a lovely day as well!

From what I can gather, either the (C)O.T.O. or a proxy thereof has acquired the estate and have been e-begging for funds to renovate the house.  I don't think we'll see anything meaningful in our lifetime but it is deliciously ironic that we have a real world instance of the lunatics running the asylum! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a fantastic day! 

The people are calling themselves 'The Boleskine House Foundation' on Facebook/Instagram and they were working on the place when I was there? I didn't get a closer look at the house (other than a scoot up a close little hillock...) but I had a reply from them on Instagram saying that if I ever wanted to walk around the ruins I could drop them a message and they'd be happy to let me in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paimonus Rex said:

Thanks for sharing - looks like it was a lovely day as well!

From what I can gather, either the (C)O.T.O. or a proxy thereof has acquired the estate and have been e-begging for funds to renovate the house.  I don't think we'll see anything meaningful in our lifetime but it is deliciously ironic that we have a real world instance of the lunatics running the asylum! :)

 

It's in Scotland. Any day when it's not raining is a lovely day. Loch Ness in the background. Stunning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 11:33 PM, jamesward88 said:

It was a fantastic day! 

The people are calling themselves 'The Boleskine House Foundation' on Facebook/Instagram and they were working on the place when I was there? I didn't get a closer look at the house (other than a scoot up a close little hillock...) but I had a reply from them on Instagram saying that if I ever wanted to walk around the ruins I could drop them a message and they'd be happy to let me in.

It's ruined alright and impossible to restore. At best it could be recreated to some extent but I fail to see the point. It's gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love to see it restored as best it can be, even as some sort of visitor centre? It’s such a shame! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2020 at 12:28 PM, SteveAJones said:

It's ruined alright and impossible to restore. At best it could be recreated to some extent but I fail to see the point. It's gone.

Can't believe I've gotten a chance to say this to @SteveAJones but you're incorrect in this matter, good sir. 🙏

The ruin just got taken off the local authority's dangerous buildings list and is full steam ahead for a rebuild in the coming years. The gate lodge is already refurbished - a mate of mine did it. All the up-to-date info is on their Facebook page and website.

Edited by FavouriteTipple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...