Who would play who in a biopic

Timeteaveller

I hope they never do one.  Hollywood would ruin the story.  It would be ridiculous just like the Queen and Elton John travesties masquerading as movies.  Those were horrible.

Remember the stupid versions of Plant and Peter Grant in the TV series Vinyl? 

7 hours ago, John M said:

I hope they never do one.  Hollywood would ruin the story.  It would be ridiculous just like the Queen and Elton John travesties masquerading as movies.  Those were horrible.

Remember the stupid versions of Plant and Peter Grant in the TV series Vinyl? 

They were over seen by the respective artists.  Therefore its somewhat their work?  

If Jimmy Page oversaw the project would you still dislike it?

4 hours ago, Timeteaveller said:

If Jimmy Page oversaw the project would you still dislike it?

Yes. What would be the point of it? I find it cringe inducing whenever I’ve seen someone pretending to be Planty in tribute bands. I couldn’t imagine a whole film of it

I don’t know any serious music fan that thought the Queen film was cool. It was a film for the post Live Aid fans that only have the greatest hits album and went to see their musical, so they could sing along while eating popcorn

29 minutes ago, Timeteaveller said:

If that's how you feel.  I think the point is it is entertaining to a lot of people and introduces new audiences to keep the legacy going.  

I thought the Queen movie was really quite good, its all subjective and there are huge audiences so can't be that terrible...

What I don't understand about the Queen movie especially is how factually inaccurate it was and obviously so to anyone with a working knowledge of the band. That's what I don't get, it would not have been any more difficult to tell the story accurately yet as you stated, both Brian May & Roger Taylor signed off.

That Robert and Peter debacle in the first episode of Vinyl was unforgivable. The guy playing Peter was about 5'6" and acted like Winston Churchill. Plant came off as a complete jackass and in real life would never have spoken to the record exec regarding business to such a degree as that was Peter's job. 

On 10/22/2020 at 1:53 AM, Mr.Bones said:

That Robert and Peter debacle in the first episode of Vinyl was unforgivable. The guy playing Peter was about 5'6" and acted like Winston Churchill. Plant came off as a complete jackass and in real life would never have spoken to the record exec regarding business to such a degree as that was Peter's job

God you’re right. And the guy that played Peter Grant....I’ve seen scarier garden gnomes!!!!

• 5 months later...