Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Timeteaveller

Who would play who in a biopic

Recommended Posts

So I was wondering who could play the band members if there was a biopic made.... I so far have one actor that I think would be great as Jimmy Page.  His name is Alex Lawther.

 

I can't think of any for the others as yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they never do one.  Hollywood would ruin the story.  It would be ridiculous just like the Queen and Elton John travesties masquerading as movies.  Those were horrible.

Remember the stupid versions of Plant and Peter Grant in the TV series Vinyl? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, John M said:

I hope they never do one.  Hollywood would ruin the story.  It would be ridiculous just like the Queen and Elton John travesties masquerading as movies.  Those were horrible.

Remember the stupid versions of Plant and Peter Grant in the TV series Vinyl? 

 

They were over seen by the respective artists.  Therefore its somewhat their work?  

If Jimmy Page oversaw the project would you still dislike it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Timeteaveller said:

If Jimmy Page oversaw the project would you still dislike it?

Yes. What would be the point of it? I find it cringe inducing whenever I’ve seen someone pretending to be Planty in tribute bands. I couldn’t imagine a whole film of it

I don’t know any serious music fan that thought the Queen film was cool. It was a film for the post Live Aid fans that only have the greatest hits album and went to see their musical, so they could sing along while eating popcorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that's how you feel.  I think the point is it is entertaining to a lot of people and introduces new audiences to keep the legacy going.  

I thought the Queen movie was really quite good, its all subjective and there are huge audiences so can't be that terrible...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Timeteaveller said:

If that's how you feel.  I think the point is it is entertaining to a lot of people and introduces new audiences to keep the legacy going.  

I thought the Queen movie was really quite good, its all subjective and there are huge audiences so can't be that terrible...

 

What I don't understand about the Queen movie especially is how factually inaccurate it was and obviously so to anyone with a working knowledge of the band. That's what I don't get, it would not have been any more difficult to tell the story accurately yet as you stated, both Brian May & Roger Taylor signed off.

That Robert and Peter debacle in the first episode of Vinyl was unforgivable. The guy playing Peter was about 5'6" and acted like Winston Churchill. Plant came off as a complete jackass and in real life would never have spoken to the record exec regarding business to such a degree as that was Peter's job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to a book I’ve just fished (Page by Chris Salacwesz) The idea of a biopic was raised in the ‘90’s but was turned down by Planty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll leave the casting to more creative minds but I must insist that it has to be written and directed by Martin Scosese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 1:53 AM, Mr.Bones said:

That Robert and Peter debacle in the first episode of Vinyl was unforgivable. The guy playing Peter was about 5'6" and acted like Winston Churchill. Plant came off as a complete jackass and in real life would never have spoken to the record exec regarding business to such a degree as that was Peter's job

God you’re right. And the guy that played Peter Grant....I’ve seen scarier garden gnomes!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...