Detroit 7.13.73 new aud tape

zeplz71

Given all the attention 75 boards get , this a deserves way more adulation. The show is outstanding, one of the best overall from the tour. The tape is very good too. BD, OTHAFA, SIBLY, Rain Song are all exceptional, and NQ is as good as it gets, WLL has some brutal funk from Jones and Bonzo. Thanks to all who liberated this tape ! 👍🏻

11 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

D&C and STH are already up at Black Beauty:

http://starship.jpn.ph/zeppelin/beauty/disp/boot.jsp?R_idx=2773

If these are any indication, this is a seriously hot concert, Page is fantastic here.  And we'll finally get a complete Dancing Days!

Yep. Looking forward to that. 2pm PST.

11 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

I'm surprised at how little attention this has gotten here so far.

In any case, I'll be premiering the new recording on my channel at 5pm EDT tomorrow (Saturday, October 24th). Feel free to join in then! :)

Can’t wait. Thank you !!

19 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

I admit this new Detroit '73 tape was a far more enjoyable listen than that chopped up, distorted mess of a Louisville '77 alt source...😄

yeah the Louisville alt source wasn't everything it could've been. The acoustic set sounds amazing, it fills the gap in Achilles, and the pre show announcements are cool to have, but the rest is a big mess. 

Edited by June72

5 hours ago, June72 said:

yeah the Louisville alt source wasn't everything it could've been. The acoustic set sounds amazing, it fills the gap in Achilles, and the pre show announcements are cool to have, but the rest is a big mess. 

Not gonna lie- as nice as it is that these tapes are still popping up out of the blue after all these years, I listened to that Louisville alt once and into the Recycle Bin it went😄 "Mess" is an understatement. Use the thing to patch the gap in ALS and then bin the rest IMO...