PAGE & PLANT TV PROMO ADS??

Hey! Before this gets thrown into the hellfire oven of the newbies section, were there any Page Plant TV promos for their tour? Maybe or maybe not on MTV? Maybe a local promo at the time? 95, I believe. Who was sponsoring them? I think I remember two commercials, but I was very young, and it had some music, and a crowd. The song - bass line for Houses of The Holy riff

The sponsor for the first leg of the North American tour (Feb-May 1995) was Miller Genuine Draft. According to my notes they did produce a promotional clip but I no longer recall if it aired on television. I don't believe so. As I recall it was only shown in the Miller Genuine Draft-sponsored Page/Plant memorabilia truck that was parked outside of the venues. There was no need for any local commercials because MTV was providing plenty of coverage/news reporting and tickets sold out quickly. In the third photo below you can see the screens inside the truck where the MGD promotional clip was shown.

1995 MGD Truck  001.jpg

MGD truck.jpg

MGD truck 2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 10:54 PM, SteveAJones said:

The sponsor for the first leg of the North American tour (Feb-May 1995) was Miller Genuine Draft. According to my notes they did produce a promotional clip but I no longer recall if it aired on television. I don't believe so. As I recall it was only shown in the Miller Genuine Draft-sponsored Page/Plant memorabilia truck that was parked outside of the venues. There was no need for any local commercials because MTV was providing plenty of coverage/news reporting and tickets sold out quickly. In the third photo below you can see the screens inside the truck where the MGD promotional clip was shown.

1995 MGD Truck  001.jpg

MGD truck.jpg

MGD truck 2.jpg

They had the promo clip showing on the giant screen on the huge MGM sign outside the MGM Grand Hotel Las Vegas for the days leading up to the gig complete with voiceover giving date of the gig etc.   

2 hours ago, dave2007 said:

They had the promo clip showing on the giant screen on the huge MGM sign outside the MGM Grand Hotel Las Vegas for the days leading up to the gig complete with voiceover giving date of the gig etc.   

Thanks for that. I wasn't aware of it. I have in my collection one of the plexiglass signs for the concert that were reportedly displayed atop taxi cabs. I still hope to find a photo of one in use at the time. 

1995 05 15 Page & Plant.JPG

1995 05 15 Page & Plant 002.JPG

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Thanks for that. I wasn't aware of it. I have in my collection one of the plexiglass signs for the concert that were reportedly displayed atop taxi cabs. I still hope to find a photo of one in use at the time. 

Here you go Steve.   This one I took of the other Steve Jones in Vegas May 95.

May 95 Las Vegas.jpeg

On 11/16/2020 at 10:41 AM, dave2007 said:

Here you go Steve. This one I took of the other Steve Jones in Vegas May 95.

Conclusive proof it was used as the auctioneer stated. I can't believe it! THANK YOU

Great to see Steve Jones from Manchester made the trip! His enthusiasm for Led Zeppelin was always second to none.