FAVORITE HMMT PERFORMANCE?

ClaudeConnor

Hey all, first post here so you're welcome to shout at me for making dumb mistakes but I want to know what your favorite performance of How Many More Times is, it's my favorite Zep song(making it my all time favorite song) and it's always brilliant live.

My favorite version of it is probably from 3-17-69 in denmark but I'd be interested in what you think!

I think the overall best version is the final one from the Spring '70 US tour, 4/17/70 in Memphis Tennessee. If I recall correctly, it's the longest version of the song sitting at around 30ish minutes. The medley is explosive despite the band having tons of trouble with the crowd and the police threatening to arrest Peter Grant. a Raunchy, wild show to the very end.

50 minutes ago, June72 said:

I think the overall best version is the final one from the Spring '70 US tour, 4/17/70 in Memphis Tennessee. If I recall correctly, it's the longest version of the song sitting at around 30ish minutes. The medley is explosive despite the band having tons of trouble with the crowd and the police threatening to arrest Peter Grant. a Raunchy, wild show to the very end.

Many great ones in 1970!   Memphis awesome and so many others: 

1/9/70 RAH

2/28/70 Copenhagen

3/29/70 Houston

To name a few

1 hour ago, June72 said:

Jesus, everything from that show is brilliant, one of their best shows. Jimmy does this part, about 2 minutes long close to the end of WS/BMS that sounds almost exactly like Into Dust by Mazzy Starr. The leggato part Page does in Heartbreaker is perfect and sounds like EVH's inspiration for his tapping technique, plus the note-perfect Buree'. Page was razor sharp, Plant was inhuman, Jones & Bonzo fantastic. The boot is good for the guitar & vocal but the drums and bass are way too low.

Edited by Mr.Bones