Eric Clapton

JethroTull

I understand he does "White Room" as a Cream offering in concert - that would be quite satisfactory. I have no doubt that the show will be extremely enjoyable, though...

Clapton didn't do "White Room" at either this year's or last year's concerts that we attended - that doesn't mean he doesn't do it - I think he varies his setlist a bit from show to show. Most of the old Clapton songs that we heard him perform at those two shows were from the Derek and the Dominos era.

If you love to hear Clapton play the blues, you will really enjoy the show! We're still buzzed. Clapton did bring out the "hits" at the end: Wonderful Tonight, Layla, Cocaine, and the great Crossroads encore - so your wife should be happy too. Unfortunately, no Tales of Brave Ulysses on Saturday night - I would have loved that too! I thought Clapton's voice was in fine form. :)

Layla and Cocaine... Those two songs are clasics. I would like to see a Eric Clapton show some time. But I don't think if he's planing to come to Argentina.

damn...

Layla and Cocaine... Those two songs are clasics. I would like to see a Eric Clapton show some time. But I don't think if he's planing to come to Argentina.

damn...

Those two songs are classics! I still think that Layla is one of the most beautiful and passionate rock love songs. I'm not sure what Clapton's schedule is as far as going to Argentina but I hope you have the chance to see him perform live one day.

As amazing as Doyle is with Clapton, it is a shame that since he's started playing with Clapton that he hasn't released a solo album. Many people don't know that Doyle is a brilliant songwriter and vocalist. In fact, two songs from Clapton and BB King's album Riding With The King, I Wanna Be and Marry You, were written by Doyle and originally done on his solo album Jellycream. If you haven't heard his solo stuff (Doyle Bramhall II, Jellycream, and Welcome) along with the one album with the band Arc Angels (featuring Charlie Sexton and Stevie Ray Vaughan's Double Trouble), then you are missing out on some great blues-rock.

Those two songs are classics! I still think that Layla is one of the most beautiful and passionate rock love songs. I'm not sure what Clapton's schedule is as far as going to Argentina but I hope you have the chance to see him perform live one day.

It would be nice. Last Wednsday I saw a dvd with the Eric Clapton Live Show in Argentina 1990. Was amazing.

Sunshine of your love was the last song and man that Fender sounds incredible.

I might have already mentioned this album, but it's really cheap and has some great versions of Cream classics on it: Live Cream Volume 2 (1969). Sunshine of your Love, White Room, Tales of Brave Ulysses, Politician. Also Deserted Cities of the Heart - a song you probably never heard, but will blow you away. Jack Bruce does some interesting improvisation on bass, and Ginger Baker is merciless. Check it out!

I always wonder why Jack Bruce didn't do more after Cream. I know he formed BLT, but there have been huge chunks of time where I've not heard what he's up to? He's too good to be M.I.A..

Well, he did have his solo career, which on like...the first 5 albums, are pretty underrated. It's obvious to understand that Jack and Ginger's solo careers were in the shadow of Clapton's massive success, but they did what they could. But nonetheless, good stuff came out.

I always wonder why Jack Bruce didn't do more after Cream. I know he formed BLT, but there have been huge chunks of time where I've not heard what he's up to? He's too good to be M.I.A..

Not sure how many here know this and your post made me think of it, Jack and Trower just released a new album with Gary Husband on drums a few months ago titled Seven Moons. Anyone who is a fan of the 60's psychedelic rock sound needs this album. If I had heard it without being told what it was I would have thought it was some unreleased Hendrix\Cream collaboration, it is that good.

But yeah Jack did quite a bit after Cream. Some of the best stuff I've ever heard is his work with Mick Taylor.

Thanks for that info - sounds like my kind of stuff! I have been relying on classic FM radio stations for music and announcements, and realize that this has to stop. I'm just hearing the same few songs over and over, and not getting info on alot of what older musicians are still doing. I should go back to rummaging through music stores, or get satellite radio, or something...

If you want to hear some of Jack's solo stuff, it's best to start with his debut "Songs For A Tailor" which is of the blues rock of course. He released "Things We Like" which is more jazz then anything. "Harmony Row" and "Out of The Storm" are great too!

I couldn't help but notice eagle's new sig pic of Slowhand and the King. So I assume that you like that album? I've only heard it once and I thought it was a pretty flat out modern ballsy sorta blues album. I still think BB has it.

I couldn't help but notice eagle's new sig pic of Slowhand and the King. So I assume that you like that album? I've only heard it once and I thought it was a pretty flat out modern ballsy sorta blues album. I still think BB has it.

Think? B.B. definitely still has it. Still completely amazing.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm listening to a soundboard bootleg from 1974 called "Bottle Rocking" and it's rather the play of words, because Clapton seemed to rocked the bottle before taking the stage, because an example of his drunkness is that he was hitting on a woman in between songs, and even saying "fuck it! just fuck it!" (or close to that extent) before going into the solo for Can't Find My Way Home.

Nonetheless it's interesting to hear a slowed down version of most songs.

• 2 weeks later...
I got his autobiography today! :D

It's paperback, :( I wanted hard copy. But anyways, I'm gonna read it again in a bit. Anybody else have this?

Not yet, although im gonna buy the new cd (tuesday maybe).

Archived