Eric Clapton

JethroTull

I got his autobiography today! :D

It's paperback, :( I wanted hard copy. But anyways, I'm gonna read it again in a bit. Anybody else have this?

yea got it awhile back...it was alright..nothing in there i really didnt already know. more than anything i just realized hes a huge blues guy..think he mentions at some point in the book that he hated any type of music that wasnt blues oriented.

Speaking of B.B., not sure if it's been mentioned here yet but his next record will be produced by T Bone Burnett. Apparently they plan to go for a 50s type feel as far as the approach to recording is concerned and are not attempting to recapture some type of retro sound.

As much as I love Clapton's music, he seems to be such an arrogant prick. Not Page. Page rules. He is the best of all time. Period.

I agree with Page, but... Clapton Arrogantt? NO. I don't agree on that at all... Ask BB King (for example) about that...

• 1 month later...

Yeah, that video is pretty cool. I took what he said to heart a bit, especially on the vibrato.

I have to say I'm rather obsessed with the live sound of Cream, because that's when Clapton firmly held his reputation as "God." I also wish I could figure out what guitar he used for Crossroads and Spoonful on Wheels of Fire.

I have to say I'm rather obsessed with the live sound of Cream, because that's when Clapton firmly held his reputation as "God." I also wish I could figure out what guitar he used for Crossroads and Spoonful on Wheels of Fire.

I've got this, and "Live Cream Volume 2". I need to get more live Cream, though.

I've got this, and "Live Cream Volume 2". I need to get more live Cream, though.

I don't mean the album "Live Cream", I mean I do, but I mean live Cream in general. I even have the bootleg where White Room and Politician on Live Cream Vol. 2 come from.

As much as I like Clapton, he is just so much under Led Zeppelin. And he is so arrogant in my opinion. Maybe he should have stuck to guitar and hired a singer and done some material in that way? But he has never really given Page and Zeppelin their due respect. Perhaps out of jealousy? But he is not in their league on his own. He would have served himself far better had he found a "Robert Plant" like Jimmy did. As great a guitarist as he is, he can't tie Page's shoe laces.

As much as I like Clapton, he is just so much under Led Zeppelin. And he is so arrogant in my opinion. Maybe he should have stuck to guitar and hired a singer and done some material in that way? But he has never really given Page and Zeppelin their due respect. Perhaps out of jealousy? But he is not in their league on his own. He would have served himself far better had he found a "Robert Plant" like Jimmy did. As great a guitarist as he is, he can't tie Page's shoe laces.

As a rock guitarist, no, he's not Page. As a BLUES guitarist, he is easily up to Page, if not better a bit. He's a bluesman at heart.

I remember an interview of him (Cream era), and he was asked about current bands he liked, and the two he said were Hendrix (duh, every musician out there had insane respect for Hendrix), and Pink Floyd (early, Syd days). He said he liked where Pink Floyd was but predicted they would move away from his preference in the future, proving that Eric Clapton is psychic.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:huh:

All of you who like Derek and the Dominoes, you know that Duane Allman played about half the solos on that album, right? I just mention it because before I knew the ABB very well, I had no idea Duane played that much of it . . .

I just told a friend the other day about Duane playing that awesome (one of my very, very favorite pieces of music) slide guitar solo on "Layla". I found this about a few years ago from an old friend when i asked him how that guitar sound is made. I really love the Derek and the Dominoes "Layla and other assorted love songs", especially that portrait of Patti on the cover. It's a great album...as for Clapton, i like some of his music, but never been a big fan of his. Eric sings "Layla" well, but Duane makes that song one i can listen to over and over again! Love the Allman's!

Oops, this is the CLAPTON thread, sorry.

About Eric, last night I saw a bootleg DVD of one of the Clapton/Winwood shows from MSG. Absolutley amazing! I kinda lost intrest in Eric around Slowhand but since he's been touring with Derek Trucks he's really been playing his guitar again. Here with Winwood, Eric's the ONLY guitar player, check this clip from the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97CLkkJVgGU

Oops, this is the CLAPTON thread, sorry.

About Eric, last night I saw a bootleg DVD of one of the Clapton/Winwood shows from MSG. Absolutley amazing! I kinda lost intrest in Eric around Slowhand but since he's been touring with Derek Trucks he's really been playing his guitar again. Here with Winwood, Eric's the ONLY guitar player, check this clip from the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97CLkkJVgGU

That was excellent! Thanks for posting that. :)

Archived