Jimmy thinking about touring

Errr sorry, thinking about it 

Jimmy Page

Led Zeppelin legend Jimmy Page says the COVID-19 pandemic has been disastrous for the music business because no concerts have been able to take place.

Led Zeppelin legend Jimmy Page says the COVID-19 pandemic has made him think about “coming back” and performing live again.

The 76-year-old guitarist has been planning a live comeback for the past few years, following his last reunion with the ‘Whole Lotta Love’ rockers in 2007 at the tribute concert hosted at The O2 in London for late Atlantic Record President Ahmet Ertegun.

Going into lockdown due to the coronavirus has crisis has inspired Jimmy to strap on his guitar once again for some concerts once venues re-open.

In an interview with GQ magazine, he said: “When we first went into lockdown I thought, 'Right, now's the time to start thinking about coming back at some point and being able to perform.'”

Jimmy insists the cancellation of concerts all over the world to stop the spread of the potentially deadly respiratory illness has strengthened his belief that “music means nothing” without live performances.

And the one-time Yardbirds member admits he is “worried” about the future of the arts, especially what the lack of opportunities to perform live will do to up-and-coming artists.

He said: “It’s such a very sad and desperate time and what this virus has done internationally to families, to the arts, and everything we love and hold dear and the whole concert situation, it does worry me … I will never be one of those people who'll record alone and send someone a file. I never went into music in the first place to do that, it was for playing together and this is what it means. We need to play with people, we need gigs and we need community. Because without that, music means nothing.

“Playing live is so important for young musicians.

“When we were young, we all had these little gigs, hoping to play somewhere bigger and it's such an important part of that communion of musicians playing together.

"For me it's always been the most important thing.”

Contactmusic

Dominic Cummings and Lee Cain: PM's top aides leave No 1@BBC News live - B

A Dalek with Feelings (HD) | Evolution of the Daleks | Doctor Who
The Doctor confronts the hybrid Dalek Sec. Is there really a chance that Daleks could evolve for the better? Subscribe to Doctor Who for more exclusive videos: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToDoctorWho...

Mark Kermode reviews Battle Royale (2000) | BFI Player
"Who needs a remake, when you have an original that still packs this kind of punch." Watch Battle Royale on BFI Player (UK only): https://player.bfi.org.uk/subscription/film/watch-battle-royale-2000-online...

SHOPPING With BEAN | Mr Bean Full Episodes | Mr Bean
Mr. Bean goes to a department store and buys various items. Afterwards, he goes to a fancy restaurant where he tries to dispose his awful-tasting meal. Finally, Bean goes to a Royal greeting...

The Palace has declined to comment on the matter.

Machine Gun Kelly - Forget Me Too ft. Halsey Video

Machine Gun Kelly strays into the pop-punk culture of the mid-2000s with the video for his track 'Forget Me Too' featuring Halsey and Blink-182's...

Beabadoobee - Fake It Flowers Album Review

We're not really sure what we were expecting from Filipino-British singer-songwriter Beabadoobee's debut studio album Fake It 

Larray - Canceled Video

In what is probably one of the greatest internet diss tracks of all time, Larray Merritt takes aim at all the YouTube and TikTok stars who have been...

Justin Bieber & Benny Blanco - Lonely Video

It's impossible not to feel for Justin Bieber after watching the video for his latest single 'Lonely' performed with producer Benny Blanco.

It Might Get Loud Trailer

Watch the trailer for It Might Get Loud.Together the works of Jimmy 

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You 

In consideration of the fact that Jimmy is turning 77 soon it is most unlikely he will tour again, and I am fine with that.

Maybe he remembers his promise to release several  previously unreleased live concerts within the next 10 years. Ouch!!!- sorry, only 8 years left........how time flies, Mr. Page.