The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

5 hours ago, JTM said:

Got an invitation for a my vaccine shots the nearest centre I could book an appointment was about 45 mins away, my wife had her shot just over 10 mins away, my son a different centre less than ten mins away. I'm in no hurry, I'll wait until I can get one closer to home,. fuck travelling, I hate driving to anything that's more than half an hour away.

Here ya there, driving stinks! At least city driving stinks, too many dopes on the roads these days. 20 years ago you only had to worry about the occasional drunk driver, now most people are texting, reading, high AF, or a combo of all three while driving.

I remember that scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High when Mr. Hand (Ray Walston) says, "Is EVERYONE on dope?" Just get behind some punter at a street light today and you will get your answer once the light changes.

5 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Here ya there, driving stinks! At least city driving stinks, too many dopes on the roads these days. 20 years ago you only had to worry about the occasional drunk driver, now most people are texting, reading, high AF, or a combo of all three while driving.

I remember that scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High when Mr. Hand (Ray Walston) says, "Is EVERYONE on dope?" Just get behind some punter at a street light today and you will get your answer once the light changes.

After refusing the invitation this morning to drive forty five mins for my vaccine shot, this afternoon I got a call from my local GP surgery offering me a shot only ten mins drive away this coming Friday at the same place my diabetic son had his, I accepted. It's bugging me they did not give me that option to begin with, I think it's a ruse, get people to travel stupid distances so they can "spread the load" so to speak. Yeah, driving stinks, fortunately most of my driving in these Covid times is only local, taking my wife to and from work, shopping trips,  no more than a few miles either way, that's it.

On 3/10/2021 at 1:14 PM, JTM said:

After refusing the invitation this morning to drive forty five mins for my vaccine shot, this afternoon I got a call from my local GP surgery offering me a shot only ten mins drive away this coming Friday at the same place my diabetic son had his, I accepted. It's bugging me they did not give me that option to begin with, I think it's a ruse, get people to travel stupid distances so they can "spread the load" so to speak. Yeah, driving stinks, fortunately most of my driving in these Covid times is only local, taking my wife to and from work, shopping trips,  no more than a few miles either way, that's it.

Which vaccines are they currently giving in the UK? 

Our three options are Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson.

14 hours ago, kipper said:

Which vaccines are they currently giving in the UK? 

Our three options are Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson.

As far as I know I'll be getting the OAZ (Oxford Astra Zen..) or the Pfizer, not sure if they do any others.

Edit

Right then, I got the OAZ, left the house at two twenty back home at five past three. Got to the place, straight in no wait, answered a few questions, got the shot had to sit for ten mins after so as to make sure there were no adverse affects. Will get a call in ten to twelve weeks to get my second shot.

Edited by JTM

My wife and I got our first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today. That was the only option offered at the place we went, which was a 120 mile round trip (193 kilometers) from our house. We looked for something closer to home, but didn't have any luck. In our state, the second dose is automatically scheduled when you're given your first one, so we've got appointments three weeks from now at the same place we went to today. We'll try to find something closer, but if not we'll keep the appointments and just make a day of it.

Edited by SteveZ98

Both my wife and mother have enthusiastically received the "mark of the beast" on Wednesday. First mark for the wife, second mark for me mum.

HAIL SATAN! HAIL GEORGE SOROS OUR BELOVED OVERLORD!!! or Bezos, or Gates, or whichever Golem de jour is in vogue now.

"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short... Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six." 

Iceland is opening again to tourists, but only those who've gotten a vaccine that is approved by the European Medicines Agency. Unfortunately, the Pfizer shot we got is not on that list. I'm hoping it'll be added eventually, as I'm guessing most European countries will use this list if they're going to limit visitors based on vaccine type and there are a lot of places in Europe we want to visit. For those who are interested, here's the site with the list of approved vaccines:

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/human-regulatory/overview/public-health-threats/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/treatments-vaccines/vaccines-covid-19/covid-19-vaccines-authorised

No one here cares about how fast they came up with this vaccine ? When they don’t even have a vaccine against AIDS that’s been around much longer and much deadlier. Or other diseases that haven taken more lives than Covid has.

This isn't the first Corona virus.. it's similar to SARS and Mers.  So the research was already there they just needed the genetic code for #19 so most of the difficult work was already done.   And through the years advancement's have been made in finding the genetic sequence of a virus which 30 year's ago would of taken year's.

1 hour ago, cubby73 said:

This isn't the first Corona virus.. it's similar to SARS and Mers.  So the research was already there they just needed the genetic code for #19 so most of the difficult work was already done.   And through the years advancement's have been made in finding the genetic sequence of a virus which 30 year's ago would of taken year's.

An common sense reply to completely shut down the trailer park logic. 😆

6 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

No one here cares about how fast they came up with this vaccine ? When they don’t even have a vaccine against AIDS that’s been around much longer and much deadlier. Or other diseases that haven taken more lives than Covid has.

13235DF3-7566-449C-BEED-F5501360F576.png

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Receiving my 2nd Pfizer vaccine shot on Wednesday. Can’t wait until the rest of the world can move forward with the rest of us. 🙏🏻

We here in Oz are well under way with vaccinations.

I expect to have a shot in the next couple of weeks but I'm in no hurry.

With no Covid 19 infections reported in the community for weeks now and only a few from international visitors (mostly ex pats returning home), in quarantine we are  distributing inoculations to those who are deemed priorities.

We can book on line to get vaccinated by our local doctors. There were hiccoughs at first due to bookings reaching saturation point but it seems to have been sorted out.

International travel between Australia and New Zealand is expected to recommence in a matter of days.

I can't wait for the rest of the world to catch up with us as well.

Edited by Reggie29