The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

Had a bit of a row with an old mate yesterday, he's anti vaccine and says no way will he ever get the jab. He told me my DNA will be changed  to which I told him that was bollox, "You need to do some research" he ranted. Better still let's just agree to disagree said I, and left it at that.

Edited by JTM

4 hours ago, JTM said:

Had a bit of a row with an old mate yesterday, he's anti vaccine and says no way will he ever get the jab. He told me my DNA will be changed  to which I told him that was bollox, "You need to do some research" he ranted. Better still let's just agree to disagree said I, and left it at that.

Sounds like the guy watched one too many sci-fi movies. Your DNA cannot be altered as an adult outside of removing a compromised section (gene therapy), plus a virus has no DNA, virus are RNA only and barely qualify as a form of life. Prions which cause Creutzfeldt/ Jacob Disease (mad cow disease) is a Prion based infection which has neither DNA or RNA and is almost impossible to destroy (only temps in excess of 1,500 degrees will destroy a Prion) has science baffled. Is it alive? What is it? Either way, nothing can alter a persons DNA outside of removing a damaged section however environmental factors can damage your DNA which could lead to disease.

So no, it is impossible for an RNA vaccine to affect ones DNA

11 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

A mate had his Oxford/Astra Zeneca shot last evening. Just told me he has never felt so rough in his life. Up all night freezing and sweating. Today a monster headache and still feels like death. Can't wait for mine on Tuesday:(

That's the one I had, Chillum - and I felt no ill effects at all. Nowt. Experiences vary, apparently! Hope it goes easy, mate.

8 minutes ago, Brigante said:

That's the one I had, Chillum - and I felt no ill effects at all. Nowt. Experiences vary, apparently! Hope it goes easy, mate.

Thanks Brother. I said to my friend he should have waited until Monday. He could feel rough during the week ! Mrs CP had the Pfizer Jab and felt no ill effects at all. 

21 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

I’m with you Steve 

You are all clueless with no respect for the doctors & the scientists, who work nearly 24/7 trying to keep their patients from dying. I can't believe how you do not understand all these victims, and not to mention the families who have lost their loved ones. 

People are dying. People are fucking dying. People are losing their fucking jobs. People are losing their fucking family. 

I can't believe you. You disgust me.

😠

Edited by LedZep123

8 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Sounds like the guy watched one too many sci-fi movies. Your DNA cannot be altered as an adult outside of removing a compromised section (gene therapy), plus a virus has no DNA, virus are RNA only and barely qualify as a form of life. Prions which cause Creutzfeldt/ Jacob Disease (mad cow disease) is a Prion based infection which has neither DNA or RNA and is almost impossible to destroy (only temps in excess of 1,500 degrees will destroy a Prion) has science baffled. Is it alive? What is it? Either way, nothing can alter a persons DNA outside of removing a damaged section however environmental factors can damage your DNA which could lead to disease.

So no, it is impossible for an RNA vaccine to affect ones DNA

Exactly. Said mate follows the "Truth Movement", it's the kind of thing that suits him down to the ground. He gets a real kick out of being "alternate", it gives him a smug sense of superiority  because he's right and everybody else is uneducated. There is no telling him anything, it's entertaining actually.  I do try to sway him but I'll always get the "You're wrong you need to do your research".  I've known the guy for thirty years, he's a good friend, but man, some of his views...

2 hours ago, LedZep123 said:

You are all clueless with no respect for the doctors & the scientists, who work nearly 24/7 trying to keep their patients from dying. I can't believe how you do not understand all these victims, and not to mention the families who have lost their loved ones. 

People are dying. People are fucking dying. People are losing their fucking jobs. People are losing their fucking family. 

😠

More people have died from other diseases like Steve said scamdemic.

You disgust me.

1 hour ago, RainbowElf said:

More people have died from other diseases like Steve said scamdemic.

You disgust me.

Oh really? More people have died from other diseases? Gee, I didn't know that. 

2,722,047 people have died from Covid-19. Explain to me - how have these people died?

18 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

A mate had his Oxford/Astra Zeneca shot last evening. Just told me he has never felt so rough in his life. Up all night freezing and sweating. Today a monster headache and still feels like death. Can't wait for mine on Tuesday:(

You'll be alright, from the three of us in this household only I had any side effects, I felt  a little groggy the next day for a few hours or so, it soon cleared up.

13 hours ago, LedZep123 said:

😠

And you're a religious fanatic who won't think for himself.  Please, self-quarantine indefinitely.

Whatever this thing is, it's not a vaccine, more like an expensive dose of theraflu.  Straight from the horse's mouth:

A: Most vaccines that protect from viral illnesses also reduce transmission of the virus that causes the disease by those who are vaccinated. While it is hoped this will be the case, the scientific community does not yet know if the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine will reduce such transmission.

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-legal-regulatory-and-policy-framework/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-frequently-asked-questions

Also:

Eugenio Derbez: (07:50)

And now I have a question about that. The news has reported that the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are 95% effective. Does this mean that if I get the vaccine, I won’t get infected with SARS-CoV-2 virus?

Dr. Fauci: (08:05)

That means that there’s a 95% chance that you will not get symptomatic infection, namely, that you won’t get infected to the point that you get symptoms. But we are unsure right now what the protection is against infection, because it’s conceivable that you could get vaccinated, get exposed, get infected, not know it because the vaccine is protecting you against symptoms, but that you could have virus in your nasal pharynx, which is the reason why we say until we prove that the vaccine prevents transmission, that people who were vaccinated should wear a mask when they’re near people who might be vulnerable to infection.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/eugenio-derbez-grills-fauci-interview/

But hey, despite all the questions, if you take it, at least you'll be able to get back to something like a normal life, right?

13 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

And you're a religious fanatic who won't think for himself.  Please, self-quarantine indefinitely.

I actually have no comment to this, however I'm not religious. 

I just find it messed up about some people who think it is a scam. 

Edited by LedZep123

On 3/21/2021 at 12:32 PM, LedZep123 said:

2,722,047 people have died from Covid-19. Explain to me - how have these people died?

The question to ask if how many of them have COVID-19 listed as the sole cause of death. For example, when the US was at 250,000 about 10% had COVID-19 as the sole cause.

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The question to ask if how many of them have COVID-19 listed as the sole cause of death. For example, when the US was at 250,000 about 10% had COVID-19 as the sole cause.

One of many questions.  Another would be, how have the lockdowns themselves contributed to excess mortality?  The mortality rate has been trending up in the US since 2009 (i.e., when the Federal government gutted the economy by bailing out the banks), so any discussions of excess deaths without accounting for the state of the economy are meaningless.  There is no question of a relationship between economic and physical well-being.  There's also the question of how government responses at all levels have contributed to the death toll (e.g. 40% of covid deaths have been in nursing homes, but all the media wants to talk about is how many women Cuomo hit on, not the fact that his policies [copied by other Democratic governors] led to 10K unnecessary deaths).  

Ultimately it is true that there seems to be a new bug out there that puts certain demographics at higher risk, and these groups should properly be the concern of public policy.  However, the response of government here, namely the destruction of the economy and civil liberties, has been grotesquely out of proportion to the actual risk faced by the bulk of the population.  Since government and media continue to find rationalizations for continuing the lockdowns indefinitely, it is quite accurate to call this a scamdemic at this stage.

It should also be noted that the number of covid "cases" can be manipulated as political conditions dictate via the cycle threshold (CT) count in the PCR test, as Fauci himself admitted to the NYT last summer.  Crank up the magnifying glass and you can find a "crisis" of cases, tone it down and you can declare "victory", etc.

Edited by JohnOsbourne

My wife's daughter and husband came over for her birthday.   So we got the vaccine and they are not. He tries to give me that scam numbers speech.  Not buying it. IMO, you have to be crazy not to get the damn vaccine at this point.  Me, being diabetic, its a no brainer. My first shot, no side effects at all.  Bring it on.  I got the Phizer.  Have not seen anyone get the other two yet.  I am  religious person for the record.  Catholic.  And I am wearing the mask and getting the  vaccine. Well let me see what Cuomo has to say. He is on now.  With a bunch coming for him

I’m type 2 Diabetic I’m not getting it, I don’t even get the flu shot. I’m 50 years old and have never had a problem.

Just you regular common cold.

Only reason I’m wearing a mask is because it’s law and no one will let you in without one.

Edited by RainbowElf

On 3/21/2021 at 6:50 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Had our first shot and get our second on the 31st of March.   No pain.  No illness.  No nothing. My wife's stubborn daughter and husband still refusing to get the shot. STUPID.  

Glad to hear this, Rick (not about your wife's daughter and husband).  John finally got an appointment, so his first shot is Wednesday.  I'm relieved.  I'm just becoming eligible tomorrow, so we'll see how long it takes for me to get one.