The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

The only people polarizing things are the left. When you call someone a racist without any basis in fact that is polarizing. And don't come back with he said the nazis were very fine people because the fine people he was talking about were the people who were against the mob doing whatever they wanted. Give a mob an inch they'll take the mile and more the next time they get riled up. He literally said he wasn't talking about the neo nazis but the left cut that part out of the vid every time they used it to divide this country. You can call trump a liar all you want. The left is the party of lies, division and polarization.

I’ve spent a lot of time reading, listening to interviews of Trump. I’ve said it before, he was an entertaining character on shows such as The Howard Stern Show in the 1990’s and 2000’s. I personally never watched his game show that he had. I know his organization was sued for racist accusations in the 70’s, that doesn’t mean it was accurate. He settled on it. He has certainly done and said things that are on the margins, he also is a master at playing into peoples anger, victim hood and flirting with statements that would help to fuel divisions with people. Right before writing this I went on 10 different sites and read perceived  racist remarks that he has made going back to the 1970’s. Some of them I personally didn’t find to be racist, some of them I feel were to cause a reaction, and some I just feel were ignorance. He isn’t a very well spoken man. He isn’t very eloquent, he doesn’t have a very good vocabulary. But that doesn’t mean he is an outright racist individual. I suppose I shouldn’t be the judge of that, just as the people who were offended and feel that he is racist. 

All politicians lie, that’s a fact. I’m not going to get into a back and forth on who lies more. You are clearly in one corner and there would not be anything that anyone could show in terms of evidence or facts that would change that. That’s cool as well. We only have a short time on the planet, people decide how they want to spend it. I’m going to try and read, learn, and grow, and change as I hope all others do as well. People on the side of trying to blow up our system, or wanting there to be a split in the country, wanting there to be a clear cut separation of our United States are absolutely on the wrong side. 

Be well Hummingbird. Hope you and yours have a great day. 

9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The American Red State/Blue State Revolution. Game on, let's do this. The Red State Army has the farmers, truckers, hunters and auto mechanics. The Blue State Army has the street vagrants, game developers and people who don't know which bathroom to use.     

🤣

11 hours ago, Plant77 said:

Well Steven, you can talk all you want about the Red States prevailing in a Civil war. I see the funny pictures of the militias, I don’t think they are all that scary. It is crazy that you would even suggest that. Those words would have not been uttered prior to a couple years ago. We also didn’t mention that California is home to largest amount of  active Military service members in the country as well as Nuclear facilities, as well as research facilities. For others to say that one group is responsible for all of the divisions and polarizations is just outrageous to me. But we can have civil conversations, and if others want to escalate them I’m good either way. 

The Fruits and Vegetables was a good one by the way. 

There is a red state/blue state division even within states (as I already mentioned).  Outside of cesspools like LA and San Fran California is very different.  There is no reason to think most military  members (who tend to come from conservative backgrounds) would support a Californian national government simply because of their particular residency.  And BTW: those military installations belong to the Federal Government, not the state government.  

Edited by JohnOsbourne

There is no true red state blue state divide. Every community has people of all persuations and if there ever was a ridiculously considered red vs. blue conflict...it would go house to house...there is no real delineation like state to state, region to region, county to county, town to town or even neighborhood to neighborhood. 

It's an insane proposal to even begin to believe there'd be anything but chaos for any side you may have sentiments for. 

These posts calling for the red/blue fight/battle/ war...whatever you want to call it is so absurd as to be from insanity itself.

On 7/24/2022 at 11:24 AM, SteveAJones said:

Edited by Josemanno
Add

Each of those county colors just mean a majority of people in that county voted for a particular party. It could be as little as say...

5000 voted for the Repubican candidate, 

4600 voted for a democrat, 

400 for independent/other.  

Or it could be a far greater difference.

9000 for republican 

700 democrat, 

300 independent/other 

Even a huge difference doesnt eliminate the minority persuation. 

Someone show me ANY county that is 100% for a particular party, repub or demo ( not to discount indepent or other, but emphasizing red/blue) and then you can have your own little army to go out and make your 'attack'. 

The divide dies not exist in any pure form at all. As I said...it's house to house, even smaller, person to person in a household.

The 'enemy' becomes invisible if one's preference is kept private, as voting IS. You don't know who on your block voted differently from you, necessarily. 

Take the state I'm in presently, there are 92 counties that voted for one party, 3 voted for the opposition. The actual statewide vote was 60% for one, 40% for the other. From looking at the map...92 to 3 would be above 95 % for the 'winner' but it's really only 60%.

In some cases, there may be only a few hundred votes different staewide but the color representation may may it look like a landslide for one candidate.

The color thing is as skewed as our electoral voting system. You have ONE more vote than the opposition in your state...you take home ALL the electoral votes. The system is in no way fair and should be one vote here is one vote there. Nationwide, you get 80,000,000 votes vs. 79,999,999....that 80,000,000 wins. 

It's a nationwide vote for a nationwide President. Antiquated systems are no longer valid, skewing toward rich white men, landowners...when women were not allowed to vote nor one's with no property.

Edited by Josemanno
Add more

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

There is a red state/blue state division even within states (as I already mentioned).  Outside of cesspools like LA and San Fran California is very different.  There is no reason to think most military  members (who tend to come from conservative backgrounds) would support a Californian national government simply because of their particular residency.  And BTW: those military installations belong to the Federal Government, not the state government.  

John, we were talking about if states started separating. As I explained to you earlier, 46% of California is Federally owned/operated. If for some insane reason states started to as you say “peacefully separate” all that is in California would come with it. Now as far as military members, that may be an entirely different thing. However being that I come from a military family, you are absolutely incorrect to assume that they are predominantly conservative. There are a ton of things that dictate what military members vote on and how they are identifying. Having a father that was in Vietnam, grandfather that was part of WW2, cousins that are active members of the military and California police, as well as Firemen. Reading some right wing blog about white military members doesn’t mean they are conservative. It also depends on what branch, of the military. Below is some data for you to consider, during the previous administration, the military started to heavily lean the other direction because of the actions of the that admin. I could be wrong, unlike you I won’t say that I’m right because things in life are subjective, and rather then trying to win an argument, I’m trying to learn something. I have a feeling that you are in your 20’s or early 30’s. 

https://www.thesoldiersproject.org/percentage-of-the-us-military-is-conservative/

44 minutes ago, Josemanno said:

Each of those county colors just mean a majority of people in that county voted for a particular party. It could be as little as say...

9000 for republican 

700 democrat, 

300 independent/other 

Someone show me ANY county that is 100% for a particular party, repub or demo ( not to discount indepent or other, but emphasizing red/blue) and then you can have your own little army to go out and make your 'attack'. 

The divide dies not exist in any pure form at all. As I said...it's house to house, even smaller, person to person in a household.

The 'enemy' becomes invisible if one's preference is kept private, as voting IS. You don't know who on your block voted differently from you, necessarily. 

Take the state I'm in presently, there are 92 counties that voted for one party, 3 voted for the opposition. The actual statewide vote was 60% for one, 40% for the other. From looking at the map...92 to 3 would be above 95 % for the 'winner' but it's really only 60%.

In some cases, there may be only a few hundred votes different staewide but the color representation may may it look like a landslide for one candidate.

The color thing is as skewed as our electoral voting system. You have ONE more vote than the opposition in your state...you take home ALL the electoral votes. The system is in no way fair and should be one vote here is one vote there. Nationwide, you get 80,000,000 votes vs. 79,999,999....that 80,000,000 wins. 

It's a nationwide vote for a nationwide President. Antiquated systems are no longer valid, skewing toward rich white men, landowners...when women were not allowed to vote nor one's with no property.

Sure, you can think up all kinds of "what ifs" and "maybes", or you can believe what's clearly in front of your eyes.

8 hours ago, custard pie man said:

🤣 funny as shit

You are funny as shit. What are using to post? Are you on your phone perhaps? A computer? Everything cool that you have by way of tech comes from Cali. All your shows, video games, computers were created right here. All the produce you eat, the wine you drink. What state are you from. Or what state do you reside in. We are all proud of where we come from. And we all have things we don’t like about it as well. What is the number one tourist state in our country? It’s Cali. 

26 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Sure, you can think up all kinds of "what ifs" and "maybes", or you can believe what's clearly in front of your eyes.

I know what is front of my eyes. The states you show are not the population of the country. If we did away with the ridiculous system we are currently in, it would not run in your favor ever. And as I have said to you, I am a registered independent. How many times have you voted? We have a system that certainly helps your party. And I’m not even saying that we should do away with it. But the country is not predominantly conservative. That’s a fact. Again, hide behind your avatar, don’t let anyone know how old you are, don’t let anyone know what state you are in. That’s safe. Have some courage. All of the United States has something to be proud of. Certainly not one way thinkers who are not open to learning and growing from one another. You calling certain cities cesspools is just a funny weak saying from a weak person. Sitting on a computer talking about peoples heritage, and calling it a sick cesspool. 

You have not hit on any nerve, other then thinking you are a young, inexperienced kid trying to act like you have some knowledge that you do not possess. You can watch all the Joe Rogan, and Ben Shapiro you want to watch. Jordan Peterson the list goes on and on. How about having a civil discussion without stirring the pot. I will be the first to admit that I’m not right, and that I can look at things from another’s perspective. I’ve never seen you once get close to saying anything like that. Just so we are clear, there has never been any evidence of any widespread voter fraud other then some piece of shit saying so. If you are telling me that all of the people he hired, all of the offices that served him after they were hired conspired against him and it was a nation wide, world wide conspiracy? Then damn I guess I would have to check into it. But some dumb drunk lawyer sitting in some hotel lobby leaking hair dye and claiming that there was fraud doesn’t make it fraud. When the attorney General that he hired after having fired his previous AG says it is crap, then it is crap. When everyone he hired says it’s crap, except him? Well then it is crap. I would love to see any evidence that says otherwise. All we have had so far is him asking to find votes in GA, asking states to not certify, and trying to bully people into saying it is a fake election. The only widespread fraud has been from one side. 

Have a good night John. 

Edited by Plant77

25 minutes ago, Plant77 said:

You are funny as shit. What are using to post? Are you on your phone perhaps? A computer? Everything cool that you have by way of tech comes from Cali. All your shows, video games, computers were created right here. All the produce you eat, the wine you drink. What state are you from. Or what state do you reside in. We are all proud of where we come from. And we all have things we don’t like about it as well. What is the number one tourist state in our country? It’s Cali. 

Then why does California want or need to be part of a political union with the rest of the country?  If it is such a powerhouse, why should it not stand on its own, and be free of hidebound freeloaders from red states?  (If NY was independent, it wouldn't be freaking out about TX bussing illegal immigrants there, LOL.)  Why do you flip out when this is suggested, like a cockroach with the lights turned on?

18 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The American Red State/Blue State Revolution. Game on, let's do this. The Red State Army has the farmers, truckers, hunters and auto mechanics. The Blue State Army has the street vagrants, game developers and people who don't know which bathroom to use.     

That is funny coming from a guy sitting in Japan. You have no idea what states are doing what. Blue states have athletes, boxers, MMA, gang members, and people who create everything you use. I’ve seen the hilarious videos of the truckers. Are you dumb enough to think that people who don’t vote blue are not registered to carry a gun and don’t hunt? You are out of touch and out of your mind. Sit in your tea house talk shit. You couldn’t fight your way out of a wet paper bag. 

4 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Then why does California want or need to be part of a political union with the rest of the country?  If it is such a powerhouse, why should it not stand on its own, and be free of hidebound freeloaders from red states?  (If NY was independent, it wouldn't be freaking out about TX bussing illegal immigrants there, LOL.)  Why do you flip out when this is suggested, like a cockroach with the lights turned on?

Josh, as I’ve said, post dumb shit off of dumb right wing blogs. I would love for our state to separate from you just because. Again, how many times have you voted? What public service are you in? Have you ever done anything for anyone other then yourself? I have a sneaking suspicion you are a guy sitting in your basement talking trash. Get outside, exercise. Meet some people. I’m sorry you were not old enough to have seen Page and Plant. I’m sorry you can only post on stuff that you have not participated in. You obviously have a lot of growing to do as an individual. It’s okay little buddy. 

8 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Again you are the one that keeps bringing this up. Of course you need us James. We do all the cool shit you use. 

28 minutes ago, Plant77 said:

Listen Jim, no one is upset. You are sitting there in your mom’s basement posting stuff. Have you ever been to this state. You can look up whatever you want online. That’s not the experience you silly little rabbit. Have you ever left the state you live in. Have you traveled anywhere outside of the country. If you have you can’t just say you have. I need proof. Other then seeing you in pictures it doesn’t exist. Again talk all you want. Experience life little brother. 

Yup, someone's getting nervous alright.  Time to get a real job, deadbeat.

1 hour ago, Josemanno said:

9000 for republican 

700 democrat, 

300 independent/other 

Thank goodness someone posted this. Of course that system only favors one party. JackOsbourne, Stephanie B Bones, Hummer69, and please Custard Pie in my face are on some other level thoughts. Not being able to listen to anyone or ever admit that they could possibly be incorrect, or even have a wrong idea and or thought just shows that. 

Again, great post. 

Just now, JohnOsbourne said:

Jack, I own a business, I have 15 employees, I started my business in the middle of the pandemic. You are a frightened little boy 

Just now, Plant77 said:

Jack, I own a business, I have 15 employees, I started my business in the middle of the pandemic. You are a frightened little boy 

Yeah, well everyone is a superstar millionaire on the internet.  However, since you're getting visibly spastic about the idea of California not being part of the larger American union (and you know, not having unfettered access to that huge market where it sells all this stuff you brag about), it's pretty clear what you think your own bullshit.

1 minute ago, JohnOsbourne said:

That is the funniest shit I’ve read in a while. My wife and daughter and I just had a good laugh. To be exact, I started a business less that 2 years ago, we had 3 employees, we now have 15 employees, I provide a service in the electrical industry. We provide power that helps all of our country. What do you do little boy. Again. Don’t just say it. Need facts. Little guy who is in a basement living off of his parents. 

1 minute ago, Plant77 said:

That is the funniest shit I’ve read in a while. My wife and daughter and I just had a good laugh. To be exact, I started a business less that 2 years ago, we had 3 employees, we now have 15 employees, I provide a service in the electrical industry. We provide power that helps all of our country. What do you do little boy. Again. Don’t just say it. Need facts. Little guy who is in a basement living off of his parents. 

You show your family the lame shit you post on a LZ blog?  Wow, your household must be loser central.

21 hours ago, Plant77 said:

Well Steven, you can talk all you want about the Red States prevailing in a Civil war. I see the funny pictures of the militias, I don’t think they are all that scary.

The Civil War / culture war won't be fought and won by militias. It will be fought and won by the middle-class citizens who realized that the ruling class threw them overboard 30 years ago. 

7 hours ago, Plant77 said:

Thank goodness someone posted this. Of course that system only favors one party. JackOsbourne, Stephanie B Bones, Hummer69, and please Custard Pie in my face are on some other level thoughts. Not being able to listen to anyone or ever admit that they could possibly be incorrect, or even have a wrong idea and or thought just shows that. 

Again, great post. 

buddy you are losing your shit, take it easy because you look unhinged. Talk about someone one who cannot be wrong??  you take the cake.