Jump to content

The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast


Recommended Posts

On 4/16/2021 at 10:05 AM, RainbowElf said:

The fun is just beginning you think they’re going to force the biggest Christian country in the world to go against their beliefs? You’re out of your fucking mind there will be a war, there is still religious freedom in this country America I’m talking about. So suddenly the idiots will succumb to our freedoms and not the one this communist government is trying to force on the people, it’s why we broke away from England because of their oppressive behavior, Same as the Civil War, which wasn’t all about slavery as they want you morons to believe.

 

Let them try and impose any kind law that won’t swing with the people, there will be rivers of blood  of the liberal left commies, flowing down the streets you believe this was a just election? Trump won that’s the truth, you think the Capitol riots were bad, you haven’t seen nothing yet.

The communist bastards bodies will be piled up so high you won’t be able to see the sun rise, this is America and we’re not standing for this bullshit or you commie lovers.

I never mentioned religion, religious beliefs, communism, the revolutionary war, the civil war or why it was fought, liberals or conservatives, the capitol riots, who won the election, or any of the other banned nonsense you decided to rave about.  I also didn't mention or quote you in my post.

My point was towards the pending legal aspects of being vaccinated or not vaccinated.  Since schools currently mandate vaccinations, I'm going to use logic to say that adding one more to the list isn't going to be much of a legal struggle.  The Buffalo Bills recently announced they're planning on a full stadium in the Fall, IF you're fully vaccinated.  I imagine concert venues won't be much different.  This is all subject to legal and personal interpretation, and where you live, but mine is the following.....I'll have the freedom to attend if I choose because I'm vaccinated.  Someone who isn't will keep their freedoms intact by staying away.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

I never mentioned religion, religious beliefs, communism, the revolutionary war, the civil war or why it was fought, liberals or conservatives, the capitol riots, who won the election, or any of the other banned nonsense you decided to rave about.  I also didn't mention or quote you in my post.

My point was towards the pending legal aspects of being vaccinated or not vaccinated.  Since schools currently mandate vaccinations, I'm going to use logic to say that adding one more to the list isn't going to be much of a legal struggle.  The Buffalo Bills recently announced they're planning on a full stadium in the Fall, IF you're fully vaccinated.  I imagine concert venues won't be much different.  This is all subject to legal and personal interpretation, and where you live, but mine is the following.....I'll have the freedom to attend if I choose because I'm vaccinated.  Someone who isn't will keep their freedoms intact by staying away.    

I'm not stupid you meant your post to those of us who are against the vaccine, good for you that you got vaccinated, I hope it works for you and wish you the best and that you stay healthy. God Bless!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I never mentioned religion, religious beliefs, communism, the revolutionary war, the civil war or why it was fought, liberals or conservatives, the capitol riots, who won the election, or any of the other banned nonsense you decided to rave about.  I also didn't mention or quote you in my post.

My point was towards the pending legal aspects of being vaccinated or not vaccinated.  Since schools currently mandate vaccinations, I'm going to use logic to say that adding one more to the list isn't going to be much of a legal struggle.  The Buffalo Bills recently announced they're planning on a full stadium in the Fall, IF you're fully vaccinated.  I imagine concert venues won't be much different.  This is all subject to legal and personal interpretation, and where you live, but mine is the following.....I'll have the freedom to attend if I choose because I'm vaccinated.  Someone who isn't will keep their freedoms intact by staying away.    

Americans waste too much time watching sports (instead of, you know, actually participating in them, exercising, staying healthy etc.), so I can only hope things like this (it won't be just the Bills requiring it) are another nail in professional sports leagues' coffins.  

There's a big difference between mandating vaccines that have been thoroughly and reliably tested for diseases that (historically at least) pose a significant threat to the general population, in particular the young (who are the future after all), vs. the hysteria over covid, where a highly experimental vaccine (with liability granted to the pharmaceutical companies) being rushed out onto populations who face very little serious risk from the disease (particularly the young).

At any rate, I doubt this will be done by an official legal mandate.  It will be "privatized" through big corporations who are in league with the State (Big Finance depends on its life through the permanent bailouts of Central Bank machinations).  Quite "liberal" and "progressive".  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Americans waste too much time watching sports (instead of, you know, actually participating in them, exercising, staying healthy etc.), so I can only hope things like this (it won't be just the Bills requiring it) are another nail in professional sports leagues' coffins.  

There's a big difference between mandating vaccines that have been thoroughly and reliably tested for diseases that (historically at least) pose a significant threat to the general population, in particular the young (who are the future after all), vs. the hysteria over covid, where a highly experimental vaccine (with liability granted to the pharmaceutical companies) being rushed out onto populations who face very little serious risk from the disease (particularly the young).

At any rate, I doubt this will be done by an official legal mandate.  It will be "privatized" through big corporations who are in league with the State (Big Finance depends on its life through the permanent bailouts of Central Bank machinations).  Quite "liberal" and "progressive".  

I wish I could participate in sports.  But age and physical problems prevent that. Diabetes which I had the misfortune of getting about 4 years ago or so is a complete nightmare. Sports is a very good distraction from problems in the world.  Of course there are far more productive distractions but its different from individual to individual. I agree with you in general about Americans though spending too much time on  it   

So the big problem with the vaccine, if one believes its the correct thing to do, is the youth in this country.  I cannot speak for  countries outside the USA. But here, its mainly the young know it alls that are refusing to get it. My wife's daughter and husband among them and to me its just stupid.  And especially their reasons. He has sleep apnea and is playing with fire. Being diabetic i had no choice and had no hesitation. I am glad, to put it simply that I received the Phizer as I have heard more problems from the other two with the JJ one being pulled temporarily. The Moderna, which Wegmans has, (Wegmans is a huge chain store that originated in my town and has expanded throughout the Eastern US), has caused a 24 hour illness and soreness effect that has been reported but all in all has also been very effective.   Nothing is going to be perfect in larger populations.  If 4 people have a bad reaction out of 20 million, how the hell does that matter?  You will never have perfection in any medication. Its always the exceptions that get the news.  Like these recent string of shootings. A few assholes can ruin it for millions. If I am selling guns, I am looking at that punk I saw a mug shot of and saying, get the fuck out of my store freak!!  Common sense has been lost across the board.  I keep my gun under my seat now in case one of these nut jobs happens to strike when I am around.   It wont be a good day for him or her. 

So back to this damn vaccine.  I see no signs that its going to kill you. Covid  can kill you. So get it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2021 at 1:22 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

You're kidding me, right?  Here's but two examples from just this week:

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/police-can-stop-anyone-just-for-being-outside-inside-ontarios-harsh-new-lockdown-measures

https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2021/april/canadian-church-gracelife-alberta-closed-barricade-covid.html

Basically, police state tactics (where the citizen must justify their activities to the police without any notion of reasonable suspicion) in response to what is, for the vast bulk of the population, a severe flu bug.  Certainly, the political class supporting these measures don't seem to take the threat very seriously themselves, as they've been repeatedly busted violating their own dictates.

I guess I could also mention the lockdowns which have destroyed the livelihoods of millions (except of course big business, always amusing to see those who style themselves political liberals defend the very worst excesses of crony capitalism), and the proposed introduction of internal ("vaccine") passports like the old Soviet Union.  These all amount to effective bans on citizens organizing, protesting and communicating collectively, the very antithesis of a free and open society.  Not to mention the effective deferral of public policy to a permanent, un-elected bureaucracy (e.g. hacks like Fauci who make arbitrary, ever-changing rationalizations for continuing the lockdowns).  I am shocked that you actually believe that this virus poses such a threat that these measures are somehow deemed reasonable.  Just doing what you're told, I guess?

Possibly overkill but draconian? I suggest you look up the definition of draconian because your interpretation is a bit off.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never had a fear of needles....not even a thought.  But if I did, I sure wouldn't want to watch any newscasts in the last couple of months.  Do I really need to see 20-30 people getting jabbed for 5 minutes on every broadcast ?  I imagine some little kids might be a little freaked by constant 'needle porn', let alone the adults that won't admit to such.  And I wonder how many of those adults that are afraid of needles, actually got that fear by laying in a dentist's chair with a giant one entering your mouth, as opposed to any a medical doctor might inject in your arm.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

They must be using the thinnest diameter needles available to the medical profession because everyone in my office (myself included) said they didn't even feel the needle going in!

Of course, the next day everyone complained about how sore the injection site was! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

They must be using the thinnest diameter needles available to the medical profession because everyone in my office (myself included) said they didn't even feel the needle going in!

Of course, the next day everyone complained about how sore the injection site was! 

I was surprised when I got the vaccine as I felt nothing. I believe they are using a special type of diabetes needle for the vaccine.

Then the sore arm started the next day and lasted for about 36 hours. That was it. I figured its the Gates / Soros microchip embedding itself in my muscle tissue. Those rascals!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2021 at 4:26 PM, ebk said:

Got my second shot!  Now I'm just waiting for the microchip to take effect.  

 

Yay!!!

Awesome!! :thumbsup:

How about John? 

Looking forward to seeing you guys as soon as we all can! 😘

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Walter said:

Awesome!! :thumbsup:

How about John? 

Looking forward to seeing you guys as soon as we all can! 😘

John has his appointment on Wednesday.  So we should be ready for Spring Training next year!!  Yay!!!!  Love to the family xo

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine about 35 minutes ago--scheduled for the second shot on May 13. No side effects--but just from reading this thread--some people don't feel anything until the next day. 

The whole procedure was so quick & painless, it makes me wonder why anyone would have trepidations about getting vaccinated; but I'm sure people have their reasons...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Just got my 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine about 35 minutes ago--scheduled for the second shot on May 13. No side effects--but just from reading this thread--some people don't feel anything until the next day. 

The whole procedure was so quick & painless, it makes me wonder why anyone would have trepidations about getting vaccinated; but I'm sure people have their reasons...

 

So, you understand the long-term effects of an untested vaccine simply from the ease of the procedure?

Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ I'm not privy to what the "long term" effects are--perhaps someone could shed some light. I was thinking about the flipside--the potential of catching Co-vid & the real damage that could do. 

Granted, I haven't read every post in this thread since whatever hysteria there is about the vaccine I usually ignore; I just go by my own gut & my gut tells me being vaccinated against this disease is better than the alternative....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2021 at 6:53 PM, ebk said:

John has his appointment on Wednesday.  So we should be ready for Spring Training next year!!  Yay!!!!  Love to the family xo

Mazel tov. My second shot will be in a couple of weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ I'm not privy to what the "long term" effects are--perhaps someone could shed some light. I was thinking about the flipside--the potential of catching Co-vid & the real damage that could do. 

Granted, I haven't read every post in this thread since whatever hysteria there is about the vaccine I usually ignore; I just go by my own gut & my gut tells me being vaccinated against this disease is better than the alternative....

 

That's right, it's a question of costs vs benefits.  The skeptics regard this disease as not posing such a threat to society that mass medication with an experimental vaccine (and it's not actually a vaccine, ask the FDA) is justified.  Adding to the skepticism is the fact that the vaccine makers are shielded from liability and propaganda must be employed to convince people to take it.  It's fine if you disagree, but it's hardly an unreasonable position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

That's right, it's a question of costs vs benefits.  The skeptics regard this disease as not posing such a threat to society that mass medication with an experimental vaccine (and it's not actually a vaccine, ask the FDA) is justified.  Adding to the skepticism is the fact that the vaccine makers are shielded from liability and propaganda must be employed to convince people to take it.  It's fine if you disagree, but it's hardly an unreasonable position.

This is not really a "new" vaccine as this has been in the works for over 10 years as part of a vaccine for SARS of which COVID is a variant.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good News Everyone!
 

A friend of mine, and Zep fan, is a so called "long hauler".  That is, he can't recover from having Covid about three months ago but since he got his second dose of Moderna, he can breathe again!  Second time I've heard of this too...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

This is not really a "new" vaccine as this has been in the works for over 10 years as part of a vaccine for SARS of which COVID is a variant.

Even if it is true that there is some background work that's being leveraged, what's being put out is not really a vaccine (as per the FDA, I posted the link upstream here), and it has not passed the normal approval processes vaccines are subjected to (it is being pushed through under "emergency" waivers).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...