The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

Ugh, got the second Moderna vaccine yesterday at 10am. All was good until around 8pm when shit started to get real, that is, real bad. My upper arm feels like its been hit with a baseball bat, but that's really the least of it. I had a light meal at 8pm and I almost threw it up. So I decided to go to bed around 10pm and that is when it REALLY hit me. I got the chills so bad, I was shaking so violently I actually thought I might fracture a rib, it was horrible. That all stopped (thank god) around midnight but then the body ache and lethargy set in with a nice side of insomnia. BTW, I NEVER get insomnia. My wife & family have always joked I could fall asleep standing up but not this time. I would maybe doze off for about 10 minutes at best. Good news is I did sleep most of today and I am starting to feel better and hoping to be back to 100% by tomorrow.

This was a real ballbuster, have not been this sick since my 20's and I am in my 50's.

7 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Ugh, got the second Moderna vaccine yesterday at 10am. All was good until around 8pm when shit started to get real, that is, real bad. My upper arm feels like its been hit with a baseball bat, but that's really the least of it. I had a light meal at 8pm and I almost threw it up. So I decided to go to bed around 10pm and that is when it REALLY hit me. I got the chills so bad, I was shaking so violently I actually thought I might fracture a rib, it was horrible. That all stopped (thank god) around midnight but then the body ache and lethargy set in with a nice side of insomnia. BTW, I NEVER get insomnia. My wife & family have always joked I could fall asleep standing up but not this time. I would maybe doze off for about 10 minutes at best. Good news is I did sleep most of today and I am starting to feel better and hoping to be back to 100% by tomorrow.

This was a real ballbuster, have not been this sick since my 20's and I am in my 50's.

Glad you're feeling almost 100% again. I have to admit having long-term type 1 diabetes and reading stories like this scares me from getting the vaccine.

11 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Glad you're feeling almost 100% again. I have to admit having long-term type 1 diabetes and reading stories like this scares me from getting the vaccine.

The guy who gave me the shot said the reaction(s) depend on your immune response. If you have a decent response (essentially getting COVID for 24+ hours) that means you have a strong immune system. If you have little to no reaction from the second shot a person my have a weakened immune system or be immune-compromised.

Woke up this morning and feeling much better. Arm is no longer sore, all symptoms are gone except for slight fatigue.

7 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

The guy who gave me the shot said the reaction(s) depend on your immune response. If you have a decent response (essentially getting COVID for 24+ hours) that means you have a strong immune system. If you have little to no reaction from the second shot a person my have a weakened immune system or be immune-compromised.

Woke up this morning and feeling much better. Arm is no longer sore, all symptoms are gone except for slight fatigue.

It seems like the Moderna has been giving folks more of a kick in the ass than Pfizer. Almost everyone I know that had the M had side effects similar to yours. Pfizer, not as much. Congrats on your shots! I was getting concerned about the folks who aren’t getting vaccinated, but that’s their risk to take and the end result is their’s to own at this point. 

17 hours ago, Walter said:

I was getting concerned about the folks who aren’t getting vaccinated, but that’s their risk to take and the end result is their's to own at this point. 

Agree. I am a personal freedom / responsibility kind of guy and the whole vaccine issue, whether it be for COVID or the MMRI people should be free to make their own decisions regarding personal health. People vaccinated are protected, those who choose not to get vaccinated accept the risks and if they catch whatever there is a vaccination for and die, oh well, one more dope removed from the gene pool. I do feel sorry for the children of such people though as they have no choice in the matter.

20 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Agree. I am a personal freedom / responsibility kind of guy and the whole vaccine issue, whether it be for COVID or the MMRI people should be free to make their own decisions regarding personal health. People vaccinated are protected, those who choose not to get vaccinated accept the risks and if they catch whatever there is a vaccination for and die, oh well, one more dope removed from the gene pool. I do feel sorry for the children of such people though as they have no choice in the matter.

Fortunately, COVID poses virtually no risk to children.  Which is why it's madness that they're obsessed w/vaccinating children next w/these experimental drugs.

8 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Fortunately, COVID poses virtually no risk to children.  Which is why it's madness that they're obsessed w/vaccinating children next w/these experimental drugs.

Not yet, vaccines mutate until either they learn to co-exist in symbiosis with their host (Herpes is an excellent example), or go dormant or die out if too deadly and kill all the potential hosts. Virus are the ultimate expression of evolution in hyper-fast time. So as it is working its way through humanity, it can go either way, its pretty much random in which direction the cells will mutate so it can very easily learn to adapt to children, but in an inefficient manner as it is not familiar with the host which would make it potentially deadly.

Bottom line is virus suck and if we keep burning down, tearing down nature to make way for more parking lots and Ikea furniture, its only a matter of time before some primeval virus from 20 million years ago is unleased upon a world with zero immunity or tolerance then, game over bud. Say ello to my little friend, and goodbye to humanity. If we don't address the cause, the symptoms are gonna kill us.

Got my second Moderna shot last week. Other than feeling a little tired the second day, I didn't feel any pain or side-effects. I even worked the same day I got the shot and the next two days after that with no problem.

Drank plenty of water like they suggested before and after the shot.

I had nothing more than a sore shot spot on my arm after my second Moderna shot.  This week, three people in the office had to take the day off after their second shot...one was out two days with chills, body aches, head ache and fever.  all 20 years younger than me.....WUSSIES!  

2 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I don't know what to say to Eric. My own experience with receiving the vaccine was utterly unremarkable, serving only to affirm my suspicions that I had contracted COVID-19 a year prior at an indoor arena concert in Japan on a rainy night the last week of Feb 2020. I had felt run over by a truck for a month afterward, not physical pain so much as having no energy whatsoever. A constant need to nap and lie down, and other classic symptoms of trying to fight something a viral infection. Even so, I worry about Eric a lot more than I worry about myself, and I worry about him all the time.

3 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

We're entering Twilight Zone territory now:

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/ohio-offers-weekly-million-dollar-lottery-prize-vaccinated-people

They are trying way too hard here, they're not even believable anymore.  

Let's be honest here. If the government would gust give everyone who does not want the vaccine a three month free pass to Golden Corral, a 4" lift kit for the peeeek-up, and a month of Oxy the jokers would be beating the shit outta each other to get the vaccine. Hell, Bubba and Ambyr would get the vaccine an extra two or three times just for the Oxy alone.

7 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Let's be honest here. If the government would gust give everyone who does not want the vaccine a three month free pass to Golden Corral, a 4" lift kit for the peeeek-up, and a month of Oxy the jokers would be beating the shit outta each other to get the vaccine. Hell, Bubba and Ambyr would get the vaccine an extra two or three times just for the Oxy alone.

People get the government they deserve, no doubt.

11 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

We're entering Twilight Zone territory now:

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/ohio-offers-weekly-million-dollar-lottery-prize-vaccinated-people

They are trying way too hard here, they're not even believable anymore.  

You've posted in this topic more than anyone else.  Now that we're over 200,000,000 vaccines given, and considering the documented success rate, the solid explanations that have been given to your questions from the get-go, how things are progressing in places like India and places in South America, I think it's fair to ask at what point does 'chicken little' admit he may have been mistaken and misinformed about a few things ?  Anything ? 

Anyone who thinks these politicians are going to get injected on the telescreen with anything but a saline solution needs to self-quarantine for a very long time, as reality is not their cup of their tea.

Whew !....there's some conspiracy reality.  How about this reality....at this point, and after re-reading this entire thread, it seems to me the only person who's been lost in a conspiracy twilight zone for the last 5 months is it's most active poster....you. 

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

You've posted in this topic more than anyone else.  Now that we're over 200,000,000 vaccines given, and considering the documented success rate, the solid explanations that have been given to your questions from the get-go, how things are progressing in places like India and places in South America, I think it's fair to ask at what point does 'chicken little' admit he may have been mistaken and misinformed about a few things ?  Anything ? 

Whew !....there's some conspiracy reality.  How about this reality....at this point, and after re-reading this entire thread, it seems to me the only person who's been lost in a conspiracy twilight zone for the last 5 months is it's most active poster....you. 

My favorite conspiracy theory about the vaccine was the whole Bill Gates microchip tracking nonsense. A person has to be a real special kind of stupid to believe in such ridiculousness, but an extra, extra special stupid to post such nonsense from the very cell phone which has been tracking them for years.

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

You're far more concerned with me than I am about you.

57 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

My favorite conspiracy theory about the vaccine was the whole Bill Gates microchip tracking nonsense. A person has to be a real special kind of stupid to believe in such ridiculousness, but an extra, extra special stupid to post such nonsense from the very cell phone which has been tracking them for years.

Perhaps you can refer to a specific argument/claim here?  At any rate, I don't think this is any more ridiculous than the many claims here that, because no noticeable ill effects occurred within a couple of hours or days after their shot, that there's absolutely nothing to worry about.