The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

You've posted in this topic more than anyone else.  Now that we're over 200,000,000 vaccines given, and considering the documented success rate, the solid explanations that have been given to your questions from the get-go, how things are progressing in places like India and places in South America, I think it's fair to ask at what point does 'chicken little' admit he may have been mistaken and misinformed about a few things ?  Anything ? 

Whew !....there's some conspiracy reality.  How about this reality....at this point, and after re-reading this entire thread, it seems to me the only person who's been lost in a conspiracy twilight zone for the last 5 months is it's most active poster....you. 

:goodpost: 

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Perhaps you can refer to a specific argument/claim here?  At any rate, I don't think this is any more ridiculous than the many claims here that, because no noticeable ill effects occurred within a couple of hours or days after their shot, that there's absolutely nothing to worry about.

Well, this was both all over the news and even mentioned in the very thread several times and is indicative of the tail wagging the dog. Just simple logic proves such an idea is silly nonsense.

Regarding the efficacy of the vaccine, I agree, long-term protection and possible affects are yet to be determined but this claim can be made about ALL vaccines. The polio vaccine for one has a very storied history starting in 1935 going up to the Cutter Incident of 1955. It was not until 1961 that the polio vaccine and inoculation protocols were in place to properly distribute the vaccine without causing either paralysis or death in certain instances. Even in a best case scenario the mortality rate for the polio vaccine today is around 0.58% which is in line with the mortality rates for the MMR (0.75%) and both are much higher than the mortality rate for the COVID vaccine. 

Fact is, even the safest medical procedures carry some risk, that's life, and that's the tradeoff.

16 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

We're entering Twilight Zone territory now:

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/ohio-offers-weekly-million-dollar-lottery-prize-vaccinated-people

They are trying way too hard here, they're not even believable anymore.  

Yes, because we should believe anything from "zero hedge.com", one of the most notorious, untrustworthy websites out there. Especially when the writer of the 'article' uses a fictitious character name from one of the most overrated movies that insecure wanna-be macho men love to cling to.

Sell crazy somewhere else..we're full up here.

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Fact is, even the safest medical procedures carry some risk, that's life, and that's the tradeoff.

Yes, and the risks posed by covid to the vast bulk of society do not even remotely justify the hysteria and fervency with which they're pushing this vaccine (or any of the other policies governments have pursued here).  (Your polio example is a poor analogy.)  I suppose you can continue to invoke dreaded "mutations" but at some point, enough is enough.  

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Yes, because we should believe anything from "zero hedge.com", one of the most notorious, untrustworthy websites out there. Especially when the writer of the 'article' uses a fictitious character name from one of the most overrated movies that insecure wanna-be macho men love to cling to.

Sell crazy somewhere else..we're full up here.

You should not leave the house, BTW.

Ohio Governor Announces Lottery to Get More Americans Vaccinated - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

30 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Yawn. Not that it matters, but I have been leaving the house to go to work nearly every day for over a year now.  I don't live in a world where there are only two options…either hyper-fear of the outside world or blatant disregard for any health precautions or safety, no matter how sensible. Like most people, I try to live somewhere in the rational middle-ground. 

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Yes, and the risks posed by covid to the vast bulk of society do not even remotely justify the hysteria and fervency with which they're pushing this vaccine (or any of the other policies governments have pursued here).  (Your polio example is a poor analogy.)  I suppose you can continue to invoke dreaded "mutations" but at some point, enough is enough.  

I do not know one way or the other, nor do you unless you are a certified virologist currently working on the COVID virus.

I believe in science, I believe in the experts, it may not be perfect and they too make mistakes but its better than idle speculation.

18 minutes ago, cryingbluerain said:

Link?  Hope you're right cause this isn't something I want to be true.  But when half the CDC, those who are supposed to have the best info on this vaccine still haven't taken it, one has to wonder wtf is going on.

Maybe these reluctant CDC "scientists" should get in touch with the governor of Ohio.

5 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

Link?  Hope you're right cause this isn't something I want to be true.  But when half the CDC, those who are supposed to have the best info on this vaccine still haven't taken it, one has to wonder wtf is going on.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/may/06/tucker-carlson/tucker-carlsons-misleading-claim-about-deaths-afte/

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-vaers-deaths-idUSL1N2LV0NY

https://fullfact.org/online/1102-vaccine-adr-death/

8 hours ago, cubby73 said:

Leaving aside some of the nitpicking in these kinds of things, I love this quote from the politifact piece:

"And dying after a vaccine is not the same thing as dying because of the vaccine."

Indeed.  And has the mainstream media been applying this sensible point to deaths attributed to covid itself?  Obviously not.  Their dishonesty is beyond question.  (No need to comment on anyone who relies on the MSM for information.)

Edited by JohnOsbourne

New evidence suggests Covid cases in the U.S. and around the world are actually under-reported.....

Study: US COVID cases, deaths far higher than reported | CIDRAP (umn.edu)

Many Covid-19 deaths go unreported in Kashmir: DAK (dailyexcelsior.com)

COVID-19 has caused 6.9 million deaths globally, more than double what official reports show | Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (healthdata.org)

True U.S. Covid Death Toll is 900,000, IHME Study Finds (mediaite.com)

Fauci claims there’s ‘no doubt’ US has ‘UNDERCOUNTED’ its Covid-19 deaths — RT USA News

Indeed.  And has the mainstream media been applying this sensible point to deaths attributed to covid itself?  Obviously not.  Their dishonesty is beyond question.  (No need to comment on anyone who relies on the MSM for information.)

Actually there's quite a need to comment, and you've repeatedly supplied those reasons on this thread.  By the way I'm not worried about you.  That would make you unique....you're not.  You never offer any evidence or new data, you just attempt to twist and falsely nit-pick what's been presented to everyone else, and you use false conclusions, poor reading comprehension, and garbage websites to do it.  A perfect example is your own twisting and interpretation of the vaccine rates of CDC staff and the military.  Nothing has been mandated to them, and for the most part special access to the vaccines weren't given.  Why wouldn't  the result be close to the same as the general populace ?  You've done the same with every statistic related to the flu.  It doesn't take a genius or any internet website to determine there's going to be some confusion determining cause of death when multiple conditions exist.  That's just common sense.  If your definition of the mainstream media includes every gov't agency and University study you encounter, then the only conspiracies and reading comprehension problems lie with you.  If you've decided on your own because of your advanced education in the fields of medicine, mortuary science, and statistics, please feel free to give us your background beyond your links to bat-shit crazy websites.  No need to comment if you can't....I think most people here are way ahead of you.      

15 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Leaving aside some of the nitpicking in these kinds of things, I love this quote from the politifact piece:

"And dying after a vaccine is not the same thing as dying because of the vaccine."

You know what is not beyond question? All the healthcare workings me and my wife work with on a daily basis who have been dealing with this since day 1. Are they all lying? Are they all part of some conspiracy? If so what's the angle? 

21 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

You know what is not beyond question? All the healthcare workings me and my wife work with on a daily basis who have been dealing with this since day 1. Are they all lying? Are they all part of some conspiracy? If so what's the angle? 

I get it!  My wife is a nurse.  They have to care for you no matter how you contracted Covid.  They have had had no choice, the rest of you do!  Seriously, the level of selfishness and willful ignorance has been shocking.

But These events were foretold!

Science No Longer Removes the Terror of the Gods.

"I mean, all these scientists and doctors say one thing but one of my high school drinking buddies saw some videos on YouTube so..."

You better get right with 'Bob"

1 hour ago, chef free said:

I get it!  My wife is a nurse.  They have to care for you no matter how you contracted Covid.  They have had had no choice, the rest of you do!  Seriously, the level of selfishness and willful ignorance has been shocking.

But These events were foretold!

Science No Longer Removes the Terror of the Gods.

"I mean, all these scientists and doctors say one thing but one of my high school drinking buddies saw some videos on YouTube so..."

You better get right with 'Bob"

You got that right my friend. Now time for some Frop with a side of Connie 😉 

Heading to Iceland tomorrow.  Had to pre-register on line, had to download a tracking app so they can keep tabs on me while I'm there, have to show proof of vaccination upon arrival, have to take a Covid test on arrival and stay at my hotel until results come back.  While there, still have to wear a mask and stay 2 meters apart from others.  Upon leaving, I have to get another Covid test prior to boarding the plane back to the States.

I think the Wuhan Biological Testing site should be NUKED!

8 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Heading to Iceland tomorrow.  Had to pre-register on line, had to download a tracking app so they can keep tabs on me while I'm there, have to show proof of vaccination upon arrival, have to take a Covid test on arrival and stay at my hotel until results come back.  While there, still have to wear a mask and stay 2 meters apart from others.  Upon leaving, I have to get another Covid test prior to boarding the plane back to the States.

I think the Wuhan Biological Testing site should be NUKED!

You can walk through the mid Atlantic Ridge in Iceland, it's the only place where it is on dry land...