Jump to content

The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast


LedZeppfan1977
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, badgeholder said:

So I went to see a friend's band last Friday night, and since it wasn't wall-to-wall people or anything, I didn't wear my mask. I am fully vaccinated by the way. Well, what do you know, I caught covid. I was down for the count yesterday, it kicked my ass. Feeling a bit better today. Just wear your mask people, stay safe

Or maybe just never leave the house...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, badgeholder said:

So I went to see a friend's band last Friday night, and since it wasn't wall-to-wall people or anything, I didn't wear my mask. I am fully vaccinated by the way. Well, what do you know, I caught covid. I was down for the count yesterday, it kicked my ass. Feeling a bit better today. Just wear your mask people, stay safe

Sorry to hear it. I do appreciate you sharing your story. I’m fully vaccinated too, but starting to lean back towards wearing a mask when enclosed in a building with others. Hope you’re back to full strength soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2021 at 5:53 AM, JohnOsbourne said:

Great mask, yes.

I don't doubt that there's some gamemanship on the part of this sheriff.  But hasn't he also pushed back against the willingness of the city government to allow the "homeless" to overrun public areas (to the detriment of the taxpayers)?  At any rate, the larger point is, there are definitely cracks in the system, e.g.:

French Police Lay Down Shields Join 100,000 Protesters Marching Against Vaccine Passport (thefreethoughtproject.com)

Yes he has. Alex Villeneuava is his name. Ironically, he is from the same political party as most all of the Los Angeles city council, as well as the county board of supervisors. Which party I think you can guess.

Los Angles city were Venice beach is, is patrolled by Los Angles city police (LAPD). For the county sheriff to intervene in a city is rare, and usually only in an emergency, and only when asked to help.  But the homeless situation is now out of control, and Los Angles (City) is politically avoiding any action, they are basically run by a bunch of social justice types.

In the city of Los Angeles, a person could erect a tent on the sidewalk in front of your home, live their, cook, and defecate in the street, and the LAPD will do nothing for you, the taxpayer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, kipper said:

Yes he has. Alex Villeneuava is his name. Ironically, he is from the same political party as most all of the Los Angeles city council, as well as the county board of supervisors. Which party I think you can guess.

Los Angles city were Venice beach is, is patrolled by Los Angles city police (LAPD). For the county sheriff to intervene in a city is rare, and usually only in an emergency, and only when asked to help.  But the homeless situation is now out of control, and Los Angles (City) is politically avoiding any action, they are basically run by a bunch of social justice types.

In the city of Los Angeles, a person could erect a tent on the sidewalk in front of your home, live their, cook, and defecate in the street, and the LAPD will do nothing for you, the taxpayer.

They could do what they did in Hawaii and build homes for the homeless, give them mental health care (when needed) and job training. So far it is a resounding success and has saved the Hawaiian taxpayers millions. Turns out if you treat them like humans they will act like humans. Interactions with police are down significantly, the use of the ER as the primary health provider is way down, social services in general are way down as a result of this program.

I will not take a moral stand on this because the numbers speak for themselves. These programs save lives and save money, the only reason not to implement them is simply because people hate the homeless. It is simply amazing how governments will literally cut their own throat financially before they help in an instance they believe is caused by a lack of discipline and basic obligation on the part of a segment of society. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Walter said:

Huh, go figure. It's almost as if those vaccines actually work. Hmmmm, who knew????

NAH!!!! This is obviously a deception by the socialist-marxist lefties to trick people into getting the Bill Gates Microsoft microchip vaccine. In reality they are just as infected in VT as everywhere else :hysterical:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Huh, go figure. It's almost as if those vaccines actually work. Hmmmm, who knew????

NAH!!!! This is obviously a deception by the socialist-marxist lefties to trick people into getting the Bill Gates Microsoft microchip vaccine. In reality they are just as infected in VT as everywhere else :hysterical:

Nailed it! I mean how could anyone go against the telegraph or zerohedge opinion columns? :hysterical: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So basically, they're telling us that the vaccinated are at risk from the unvaccinated because of a variant not covered by the original vaccine.  Yes, makes perfect sense, truly very effective science.  Keep on following!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2021 at 10:01 AM, BobDobbs said:

They could do what they did in Hawaii and build homes for the homeless, give them mental health care (when needed) and job training. So far it is a resounding success and has saved the Hawaiian taxpayers millions. Turns out if you treat them like humans they will act like humans. Interactions with police are down significantly, the use of the ER as the primary health provider is way down, social services in general are way down as a result of this program.

I will not take a moral stand on this because the numbers speak for themselves. These programs save lives and save money, the only reason not to implement them is simply because people hate the homeless. It is simply amazing how governments will literally cut their own throat financially before they help in an instance they believe is caused by a lack of discipline and basic obligation on the part of a segment of society. 

Hawaii has a very low population.... very low. It is much easier to manage a problem where there are low numbers. In Califorinia there are more homeless people just in Los Angeles county living along the freeways, than probably the population of Hawaii.

This isn't about treating people like humans, so they will act like humans. Drug addicts do not act like humans, not when their entire life is about getting their next fix. You can't be "nice" to them and cure them, it doesn't work that way with addicts of that level.

Edited by kipper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Walter said:

Hmmmm….🤔

D44DCD4C-A7C0-4E12-AA34-EBC022EBC419.jpeg

Hmmm... why is Los Angeles County so high in infection Wally?  All of those ultra conservatives out here in LA County....LOL!

And look at Nevada, especially Clark County. Lots of conservatives there too

Rio Grande Valley????

If what I think you are suggesting is true, then why isn't Idaho and Montana solid red?

MAYBE, the answer isn't as cut and dry as you think it is? Maybe you are following a hyper partisan narrative buddy boy?

BTW, the south has the highest concentration of African Americans 97% we all know voted YOUR way. So why not more yellow low counties there?

 

Hmmmmm.... 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Martial law:

Australian military to help enforce Sydney COVID-19 lockdown as cases rise | Reuters

Australia has a population of 26 million and has had 1000 covid "deaths".  Yes, seems entirely an appropriate response, we don't want the virus to win!

OK, not really martial law by any stretch.

So what is happening here in Australia and what are peoples attitudes - just from a bloke who lives in Brisbane, just a perspective.....

First - vaccinations seems to be a mess. The EU fucked us over in that we had signed contracts very early on with "guarantees of supply" built in (LOL!). The EU needed to supply themselves. What a fucking surprise. We must have been piss-weak negotiators, or the Gov't just fucked up. When shit hit the fan, the contracts went out the window. Scomo (Prime Minister of Australia) actually apologised publicly!!!! He says the supply situation is now improving, but meh... how'd you fuck it up in the first place mate???? Why should I trust you now???? - but overall I expect he will be returned next election as overall he has handled things very well. The BEST thing he did was immediately call a fortnightly meeting with all state leaders to agree on strategy and policy so there was no bullshit politics. This achievement should NOT be underestimated.

So the Governments (federal and state) here decided on an overarching strategy to...

  • contain the virus (masks - border closures between states where outbreaks become a worry)
  • contact trace (Gov't APP to check-in to retail and other venues so if someone tests positive, potential contacts can be identified and advised)
  • limit movement (Lockdown).

While there were/are some protests - I don't personally know of a single person who was actually anti-lockdown. Don't get me wrong, the pain is real, the job losses and brutal change to a LOT of peoples lives was/is intense. For the first year - at GREAT cost, our Gov't decided to assist small business by paying the payroll of everyone who could not work for lockdowns. My missus (Dental assistant) was a beneficiary of this - was a great scheme. Things turned, we seemed to be killing it, started opening back up and back to work - BOOM - new outbreaks, back to lockdowns. This seemed to cycle for a while - and benefits were wound back ("too costly"). Like I said the pain is REAL for far too many. The point here is it was/is painful, but most people were onboard with the strategy. The worry here was the elderly, and having everyone pretty sick at once (hospitals beyond capacity). Most people understand there are no "good" options - it's a fucking PANDEMIC after all.

Luckily in Bris-Vegas - we have avoided the worst of it despite some clowns doing the wrong thing.

Sydney and Melbourne - The two big Australian cities - so akin to LA and NY in a kinda way (loosely). They have had multiple lockdowns and yesterday the Premier of NSW announced 239 new cases - a record for a daily "new cases" since the pandemic began. That probably seems like a nothing-burger to you guys in US/Europe/England - but it was a record for Sydney - population just shy of 5 million - very much condensed and very fast would be a nightmare if no controls were attempted. We don't want to have mad death tolls. So far so good.

I fully understand and appreciate Australia is different to the US in almost every way - as with the EU, as with Great Britain, as with anywhere else. I am not trying to convey anything about any countries approach or situation as I know fuck all about the US/EU/GB/other experience/reality. This is just how I see it from here - at my desk. 

Any military response will be in assistance to local authorities. It is NOT tanks in the streets. I have not heard of a call for a military assist outside of that story, it is interesting, but not concerning. "martial law" - is laughable. Pure hyperbole that is just not reality.

How I think it will play out here is once 70%+ are vaccinated (specifically elderly/vulnerable people) we will adopt a more open approach. At the end of the day it seems we need to live with this until an actual cure or vaccination program eradicates it (see polio/measles/whooping cough/chicken pox/etc..)

Cheers.

Edited by rm2551
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

LOL, a "PANDEMIC" (after all, look out for scary all-caps) that's killed < 1000 out of 26M.  More like mass hysteria, I'd say.

Spot on. The latest scam aspect to this is now they'll proclaim "COVID-19 infections are up 150% this month!" or whatever, completely disregarding that hospitalizations and deaths are essentially unchanged from last month. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rm2551 said:

OK, not really martial law by any stretch.

So what is happening here in Australia and what are peoples attitudes - just from a bloke who lives in Brisbane, just a perspective.....

First - vaccinations seems to be a mess. The EU fucked us over in that we had signed contracts very early on with "guarantees of supply" built in (LOL!). The EU needed to supply themselves. What a fucking surprise. We must have been piss-weak negotiators, or the Gov't just fucked up. When shit hit the fan, the contracts went out the window. Scomo (Prime Minister of Australia) actually apologised publicly!!!! He says the supply situation is now improving, but meh... how'd you fuck it up in the first place mate???? Why should I trust you now???? - but overall I expect he will be returned next election as overall he has handled things very well. The BEST thing he did was immediately call a fortnightly meeting with all state leaders to agree on strategy and policy so there was no bullshit politics. This achievement should NOT be underestimated.

So the Governments (federal and state) here decided on an overarching strategy to...

  • contain the virus (masks - border closures between states where outbreaks become a worry)
  • contact trace (Gov't APP to check-in to retail and other venues so if someone tests positive, potential contacts can be identified and advised)
  • limit movement (Lockdown).

While there were/are some protests - I don't personally know of a single person who was actually anti-lockdown. Don't get me wrong, the pain is real, the job losses and brutal change to a LOT of peoples lives was/is intense. For the first year - at GREAT cost, our Gov't decided to assist small business by paying the payroll of everyone who could not work for lockdowns. My missus (Dental assistant) was a beneficiary of this - was a great scheme. Things turned, we seemed to be killing it, started opening back up and back to work - BOOM - new outbreaks, back to lockdowns. This seemed to cycle for a while - and benefits were wound back ("too costly"). Like I said the pain is REAL for far too many. The point here is it was/is painful, but most people were onboard with the strategy. The worry here was the elderly, and having everyone pretty sick at once (hospitals beyond capacity). Most people understand there are no "good" options - it's a fucking PANDEMIC after all.

Luckily in Bris-Vegas - we have avoided the worst of it despite some clowns doing the wrong thing.

Sydney and Melbourne - The two big Australian cities - so akin to LA and NY in a kinda way (loosely). They have had multiple lockdowns and yesterday the Premier of NSW announced 239 new cases - a record for a daily "new cases" since the pandemic began. That probably seems like a nothing-burger to you guys in US/Europe/England - but it was a record for Sydney - population just shy of 5 million - very much condensed and very fast would be a nightmare if no controls were attempted. We don't want to have mad death tolls. So far so good.

I fully understand and appreciate Australia is different to the US in almost every way - as with the EU, as with Great Britain, as with anywhere else. I am not trying to convey anything about any countries approach or situation as I know fuck all about the US/EU/GB/other experience/reality. This is just how I see it from here - at my desk. 

Any military response will be in assistance to local authorities. It is NOT tanks in the streets. I have not heard of a call for a military assist outside of that story, it is interesting, but not concerning. "martial law" - is laughable. Pure hyperbole that is just not reality.

How I think it will play out here is once 70%+ are vaccinated (specifically elderly/vulnerable people) we will adopt a more open approach. At the end of the day it seems we need to live with this until an actual cure or vaccination program eradicates it (see polio/measles/whooping cough/chicken pox/etc..)

Cheers.

Well said Rod. Someone who actually is reporting from down under, unlike the trolls who don't live there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Well said Rod. Someone who actually is reporting from down under, unlike the trolls who don't live there. 

Pretty much.
Bottom line is 97% of COVID hospitalizations here are unvaccinated folks and 99% of COVID deaths are unvaccinated people as well. One of the biggest concerns is the younger ages moving up the list. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics over 38,000 positive cases in children was reported the week of July 15-22, which is triple the amount reported the last week of June. All this with a return to school happening over the next 5 weeks, nationwide. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...