The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

On 8/4/2021 at 9:13 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

The dreaded Lambda strain will precipitate the Lamborghini strain for all Pfizer and Moderna executives.

With *higher* institutions admitting students for the new year, I can picture Fauckhi's new deviant strains named using Greek alphabet letters of college frats and sororities.
Oh No!!!! 

I've had the vaccination.
I respect choice.

Thanks be to President Donald Trump for Operation Warp Speed,
I respect  (usually) personal decision.

31 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I am pretty sure it was very scientific considering that all guests were tested and advised on being vaccinated. As well as Martha’s Vineyard has reported fewer than 25 COVID cases over a 2 week period. Also in the news was the Newsmax Host who was an anti vaccination proponent who just passed from COVID and sent out several Facebook posts before passing urging all of his friends and family to please get the shots. States who have the most new cases since June consist of Florida, Texas, Georgia, Illinois, and North Carolina. But people who are not wanting to get the vaccine, which I respect can’t have it both ways. If you don’t want the vaccine you need to wear a mask. 

1 hour ago, Plant77 said:

I am pretty sure it was very scientific considering that all guests were tested and advised on being vaccinated. As well as Martha’s Vineyard has reported fewer than 25 COVID cases over a 2 week period. Also in the news was the Newsmax Host who was an anti vaccination proponent who just passed from COVID and sent out several Facebook posts before passing urging all of his friends and family to please get the shots. States who have the most new cases since June consist of Florida, Texas, Georgia, Illinois, and North Carolina. But people who are not wanting to get the vaccine, which I respect can’t have it both ways. If you don’t want the vaccine you need to wear a mask. 

Thanks for the laugh.

Lockdown lifted for us after a little over a week, only 4 new cases in QLD. Yay! Stopped the numbers in their tracks. NSW is much worse, hopefully they are turning the corner now.

By October we should have enough people vaccinated that we can get back to normal.

Another 4 weeks and we get the second AZ jab. Bring it on....

4 hours ago, Plant77 said:

Don't bother with him Plant77, he lives in Loonie-Land. Trying to engage in normal, meaningful debate with him is akin to talking to a crack-ho shouting word salad gibberish at peak volume.

Edited by BobDobbs

16 hours ago, Plant77 said:

If you don’t want the vaccine you need to wear a mask. 

Not strictly true at all.

13 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Second jab?  LOL, that's SO last month.  Get ready for your third booster shot, followed by fourth, fifth, etc.

Glad someone else noticed the ones selling the panic sell the vaccines.

12 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Don't bother with him Plant77

Even Obama finally realized he’s a HYPOCRITE on principle and changed his plans. He can’t push the party line that this is so dire we have to lock people down in their own homes and then invite 600 over for dinner.

10 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

That’s a rebuttal that fails to rebut, especially for what is an opinion piece. If you can refute the logic of views expressed therein please do.

So just so I am clear, no vaccine, and then don’t worry about wearing a mask to protect yourself and more importantly others. Look I’m all for personal freedom. I too want to go back to a pre COVID life. How are things overseas? Is it okay to not get a vaccine and to not wear a mask? I know in my travels I have seen people in Japan and other Asian countries wearing masks before COVID ever existed. 

Also, just curious, why do you need to be right? We all have opinions. Yours are very thought out most of the time and seem pretty articulate. There are several people I know that have been impacted and affected for the rest of their lives as a result of this pandemic. To show a stat of zero hospitalizations doesn’t really mean anything. Do you know what the repercussions of this illness are? In my own family I’ve had 1 death to a seemingly healthy 36 year old man, and an employee that works for me who checks a lot of the boxes, such as Diabetes, overweight, and a few others who will have to carry an oxygen machine for the rest of his life. 

Personally I would rather respect others, get the devil vaccination, or wear a mask as to not hurt anyone or change their life forever. Seems like the responsible thing to do. 

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

That’s from a blog that is literally one of the most biased blogs to ever exist. I guess we could all pull some bullshit article to fit our way of thinking. The problem is even if this is correct which it very well may be, that Blog is so tainted it doesn’t really matter. 

We get it! You and the Elf man are very anti Vaccination and all other thinking other than far right is all wrong. I’ve never seen you pull any article from any reliable source in the 15 years I’ve been following this website. I really want to say that maybe I’ve missed it. You very well may have an I could be totally wrong. That is very possible. But the last several pages are from a very slanted view point and there is no debating or casual, respectful conversation with you it seems. 

you too seem like an educated, very thoughtful individual. However, you tend to come from one perspective and if someone doesn’t agree with it, they are are wrong and an idiot for thinking any other way than the crazy articles you post. Repeatedly post. 

Also, do you shred on the guitar? I’ve been trying to learn for about a year and a half and at 45 I’ve reached a point where I just feel like I’ve hit a wall and gone as far as I can by myself. I ask because of your avatar. 

Right on John, hope you have a great night, and week.

Edited by Plant77

11 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

NY Post? Might as well share a link from The Onion or 8Chan. 

Well said Mr. BobDobbs. By the way, I’m thinking of taking up a Tobacco pipe. Something very sophisticated about it. I am pretty sure you gain a few extra IQ points just from carrying one. Let alone actually packing and partaking in the lifestyle. 

Ive seen the cigarette in the guitar. Has anyone ever tried to shred while holding a Tobacco pipe? Have a great night Sir. Thanks for the advice earlier as well.

2 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

What I took from that - being someone who think Andrews is a twit (thankfully, he's Victoria's premier, we've got our own twit!) is this..

This prompted an admission of guilt by Andrews, who said: “We apologize. We try to get the best information out as quickly as we can. Nothing is perfect and no one has ever pretended that it is."

At least he accepts the previous position was wrong and corrects for it. That is to be commended.

2 hours ago, Plant77 said:

Well said Mr. BobDobbs. By the way, I’m thinking of taking up a Tobacco pipe. Something very sophisticated about it. I am pretty sure you gain a few extra IQ points just from carrying one. Let alone actually packing and partaking in the lifestyle. 

Ive seen the cigarette in the guitar. Has anyone ever tried to shred while holding a Tobacco pipe? Have a great night Sir. Thanks for the advice earlier as well.

Meh, I'm in it for the Connie and the Frop, attempting Slack at a whole new level. Possibly seriously inter-dimensional Slack, I don't know because I am just too damn lazy to follow up.

Shred with pipe, well sir, I believe Mr. Joe Pass would fit that bill. Check out some of his albums, they are jazz but holy hell, the man could make Neal Schoen weep.