The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

On 8/19/2021 at 3:28 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

"Tyrannical.....?"

I think it's a bit extreme...

3 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

NSW also saw three more deaths, which include a man in his 90s and a man in his 80s who were residents at Greenwood Aged Care at Normanhurst, where a staffer worked two days while believed to be infectious. The third death is a woman in her 90s from southwest Sydney; she died at Liverpool Hospital.

I've said it before, to sequester and vaccinate the most at risk is prudent public health policy, to impose mask mandates and lockdown everyone is tyranny.  

I'll see your story about Police response to the protests in AU and counter with the current horrible crisis in Alabama.

Low vaccination rates and a large swathe of the population not willing to wear a mask. That is where that gets you.

So far from being "tyrannical" the measures are a way to stop a state (NSW), population 8 million becoming something like Alabama, population just short of 5 million. It's not tyranny just like wearing a seat belt is not tyranny. The advice (and FACTS) are masks and lockdown/social distancing are effective measures at limiting the virus spreading. Anyone who argues masks and social distancing do nothing is not being genuine at best. You can argue you don't agree that is the best thing to do, but you cannot argue it is useless. Coupled with contact tracing, it is a reasonable approach to take. State Premiers don't want to see their hospitals over run. Period. If no one wears a mask, the virus spreads like wildfire and too many people all at once need to be hospitalised. Hospitals once overwhelmed will mean people who could otherwise get treatment and survive will DIE as there is simply no capacity to manage everyone. Just like where Alabama seems headed (I hope it turns around for them).

It feels like the clock is ticking in QLD, NSW is getting smashed by the virus, so far it has not crossed the border, but it's coming....  3 more days till my second shot...

By the end of the year we will be coming out of all this as vaccinations are set to hit the target 70% for stage 2 and 80% for stage 3 of the plan to get beyond Covid. I hope Christmas this year will be open.

3 hours ago, rm2551 said:

The advice (and FACTS) are masks and lockdown/social distancing are effective measures at limiting the virus spreading. Anyone who argues masks and social distancing do nothing is not being genuine at best. You can argue you don't agree that is the best thing to do, but you cannot argue it is useless. Coupled with contact tracing, it is a reasonable approach to take. State Premiers don't want to see their hospitals over run. Period. If no one wears a mask, the virus spreads like wildfire and too many people all at once need to be hospitalised. Hospitals once overwhelmed will mean people who could otherwise get treatment and survive will DIE as there is simply no capacity to manage everyone. Just like where Alabama seems headed (I hope it turns around for them).

It feels like the clock is ticking in QLD, NSW is getting smashed by the virus, so far it has not crossed the border, but it's coming....  3 more days till my second shot...

By the end of the year we will be coming out of all this as vaccinations are set to hit the target 70% for stage 2 and 80% for stage 3 of the plan to get beyond Covid. I hope Christmas this year will be open.

We've gone from "twelve days to flatten the curve" to "mask harder" when it's well established the masks are little more than political theater. 

CDC Report Admits Mask-Wearing Provides No Real Protection Against Covid – The World We Live In (wordpress.com)

20 hours ago, Plant77 said:

That is my Point Rainbow. That a shot is somehow related to the Devil? Come on man. You can’t possible think that. That’s crazy talk. 

Cheers Sir. 

Sorry for calling you stupid, my apologies.

On 8/19/2021 at 8:00 AM, Plant77 said:

You wouldn’t happen to get your news from your drunk uncle? Or from a homeless guy in front of the local Wal-Mart. 

I'm Catholic I know the facts, if they allow homos to become part of the church, the Catholic Church will finish, and because the Catholic Church doesn't allow homos they are losing money for those that are into the whole rainbow thing, and I'm not talking about the band either, and the Catholic clergy that molest children ought to be excommunicated from the Church and put in jail in general  population where you'll get swift justice.

That's why most Protestant churches that accept homos and have rainbow flags hanging outside their pitch a tent church are getting more followers.

Edited by RainbowElf

7 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I'll see your story about Police response to the protests in AU and counter with the current horrible crisis in Alabama.

Low vaccination rates and a large swathe of the population not willing to wear a mask. That is where that gets you.

So far from being "tyrannical" the measures are a way to stop a state (NSW), population 8 million becoming something like Alabama, population just short of 5 million. It's not tyranny just like wearing a seat belt is not tyranny. The advice (and FACTS) are masks and lockdown/social distancing are effective measures at limiting the virus spreading. Anyone who argues masks and social distancing do nothing is not being genuine at best. You can argue you don't agree that is the best thing to do, but you cannot argue it is useless. Coupled with contact tracing, it is a reasonable approach to take. State Premiers don't want to see their hospitals over run. Period. If no one wears a mask, the virus spreads like wildfire and too many people all at once need to be hospitalised. Hospitals once overwhelmed will mean people who could otherwise get treatment and survive will DIE as there is simply no capacity to manage everyone. Just like where Alabama seems headed (I hope it turns around for them).

You can repeat media scare-mongering about "cases! cases! cases!" (as well as unjustified panic-mongering about hospital capacity, they were never even close to being "overwhelmed", quite the opposite, which is why they had to be effectively bailed out in the US to make up for their lack of income from elective surgeries) all you want, but even governments' own statistics show that the virus is primarily a threat to a specific demographic, which (as Steve and others have emphasized), should receive the main attention of public policy.  The actual response we're getting - mass vaccination with an untested technology (mRNA), internal passports like in Stalin's Russia, lockdowns, etc. - are so out of proportion to the actual risk that it's mind-boggling.

BTW, when do you get your booster shot?

10 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

We've gone from "twelve days to flatten the curve" to "mask harder" when it's well established the masks are little more than political theater. 

CDC Report Admits Mask-Wearing Provides No Real Protection Against Covid – The World We Live In (wordpress.com)

Yes.  Face masks are a talisman, nothing more.

The Face Mask Folly in Retrospect – Swiss Policy Research (swprs.org)

12 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

it's well established the masks are little more than political theater.

I disagree Steve. There is a reason doctors and dentists wear masks. 100 years ago it's basically all they had, and it was the same. Masks and social distancing. While it has been turned into political theatre (politicised) it is also a basic practical measure.

8 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

BTW, when do you get your booster shot?

I get my second Astra jab this week. AFAIK there is no booster needed for Astra after the first two shots, and I wouldn't be rushing to get one if it is announced. Fuck regular shots. I need a lot more convincing it is not pharmaceutical companies once again fucking us all over for profit.

71% of the UK is now vaccinated, they are opening up. Will be interesting to see how they go. So far so good I believe from the news. I'm hoping Australia tracks the same and by Christmas it's done.

21 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

I'm Catholic I know the facts, if they allow homos to become part of the church, the Catholic Church will finish, and because the Catholic Church doesn't allow homos they are losing money for those that are into the whole rainbow thing, and I'm not talking about the band either, and the Catholic clergy that molest children ought to be excommunicated from the Church and put in jail in general  population where you'll get swift justice.

That's why most Protestant churches that accept homos and have rainbow flags hanging outside their pitch a tent church are getting more followers.

I am not so sure of that.  I am Catholic, I have come to accept gays in society in general, but I still say, ITS UP TO GOD TO JUDGE.    Change does not come easy in the Catholic church and it shouldn't.  Mel Gibson is so against Vatican II, around 1967 I believe, that he built his own church to follow the old doctrine. I do believe Pope John Paul II, St John Paul II, was one of the best popes we have ever had and he had no hatred for gays.  That is for sure. But its much more to allow gay marriages. And I do not think you should use the term homo's.  Its just not very nice.  Do you really think Jesus would want people to hate others?  No.  The Catholic Church is still very big.  Has many followers all over the world.  The protestants have any different branch's, Methodist, Lutheran, Baptist, Nazzerene and on and on.  Not one bu their own has the following the Catholic Church has. And I know they have their own little feuds if you will between them.  Like Baptist and Lutheran. Ill die a Catholic.  I stand behind the faith 100%.  The tough questions like allowing gays and abortion and such  I leave to God to judge in the end. I do not think our Holy Mother is very happy with many of us?  There have been many well documented apparitions and recent ones.  Some are even on film.  The one in Egypt in 1954 was amazing as of course were Fatima and Lourdes. But there are fare more than most casual believers know of.  I wish I could as Jesus so many questions. I hope I can in the next life. Oh, there is another life.  And if you do not believe it, you will be in for a rude awakening. 

Go get your shot. What choice is there?  Man I hate this type 2 crap.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

For first time since July, China reports no new local COVID-19 cases

For first time since July, China reports no new local COVID-19 cases
  • Ryan Woo and Roxanne Liu
Sun, August 22, 2021, 8:06 PM

•  

•  
    Coronavirus

By Ryan Woo and Roxanne Liu

BEIJING (Reuters) - China reported no new locally transmitted cases of COVID-19 on Monday for the first time since July, a sign the current outbreak may be waning amid Beijing's 'zero-tolerance' stance and tough anti-virus measures across the country.

More than 1,200 people have been confirmed infected in an outbreak that officials said has been mainly driven by the highly transmissible Delta variant, which was brought in from abroad and caused a cluster in late July in the eastern city of Nanjing.

No deaths have been reported in the outbreak.

But it spurred authorities across the country to impose counter-epidemic measures including mass testing for millions of people to identify and isolate carriers, as well as travel restrictions of varying degrees. Economists have said they expect to see those steps cutting into growth in the world's second-biggest economy in the quarter ending September.

Across China, new daily local cases fell to the single-digit level last week, after peaking in early August.

Since the weekend, authorities have lifted lockdowns in a few areas in Beijing, as well as in the cities Wuhan and Jingmen in central Hubei province, after these cities had sealed up some areas to contain the virus. Sichuan has allowed travel agencies to resume tours to outside the province, barring places still deemed of risk.

By contrast, Shanghai placed hundreds of people under quarantine over the weekend after some fresh infections were reported, sparking concerns of a fresh outbreak in the city. Still, Shanghai reported no new local infections for Aug. 22.

19 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

...what part of "Discussion of politics, religion or any other contentious social topic is not permitted" don't you guys understand?

I don't want to see this thread deleted because of your ignorance.

Okay man I’ll delete it.

2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

...what part of "Discussion of politics, religion or any other contentious social topic is not permitted" don't you guys understand?

I don't want to see this thread deleted because of your ignorance.

Sorry about that, I get a bit "uppity" when people start using racial and  / or homophobic slurs and then attempt to walk it back with a ridiculous excuse. Especially when no one appears to have a problem allowing such posts to remain.

No more such comments from me regardless