The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

17 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Sorry about that, I get a bit "uppity" when people start using racial and  / or homophobic slurs and then attempt to walk it back with a ridiculous excuse. Especially when no one appears to have a problem allowing such posts to remain.

No more such comments from me regardless

I do not see that you  did anything wrong.  Likely directed at the Rainbow and yours truly.

I have some questions about the booster shot situation.  I understand why some immuno-compromised people would need another shot for various reasons.  As an example, it's now well-documented that folks taking some biological drugs like Embrel or Humira are compromising the long-term effects of the vaccine.  That makes sense.  However there seems to be a lack of data as to who should get a booster shot or not.  What if I got both shots of the Pfizer vaccine, and 3 months later caught a mild-breakthrough case.....maybe one I didn't even recognize I had because of the two shots ?  How does my level of anti-bodies compare to someone who got both shots and never had Covid ?....or someone who didn't have any vaccine, but survived a severe case ?

Is this booster shot going to be modified in any way from the first two ?  Will it be adjusted/modified for the variants ?  Or is it just the same shot.

So I guess what I'm asking is doesn't there reach a time where this becomes a personal diagnosis for need, as opposed to an across the board necessary booster ?  On a personal level, I would like to know my anti-body level before receiving a booster.    

Edited by Bong-Man

Well I went for a Covid test this morning and just got the results and they were positive. I've already had the J%J vaccine. I'm having mild symptoms only. Been a person with type 1 diabetes 45 years, no big deal, I'll get through this no problem. I think I've had it about a week. Luckily I've had a week off already because of storm damage at my place of employment. Had a meeting yesterday and I guess I'll have the next three weeks off. Now I'll have plenty of time to get to some projects I've been wanting to get to.

Edited by luvlz2

4 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Well I went for a Covid test this morning and just got the results and they were positive. I've already had the J%J vaccine. I'm having mild symptoms only. Been a person with type 1 diabetes 45 years, no big deal, I'll get through this no problem. I think I've had it about a week. Luckily I've had a week off already because of storm damage at my place of employment. Had a meeting yesterday and I guess I'll have the next three weeks off. Now I'll have plenty of time to get my cassette recording put on Youtube of John Paul Jones at the Web Theater in Phoenix in 2001 that I've mentioned before.

Oh man, hope all is ok and its not hitting you too hard.

Get well soon brother

I'm with you there John, but that's not a "don't trust vaccines" issue as much as "pharmaceutical industry lacking ANY oversight and accountability" issue. Good luck though, money talks in Washington. Money by far has the loudest voice.

Science I trust. You know, because - science! Companies that spin/selectively present/suppress science for profit motives with absolutely no accountability, not so much.

16 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

I have some questions about the booster shot situation.  I understand why some immuno-compromised people would need another shot for various reasons.  As an example, it's now well-documented that folks taking some biological drugs like Embrel or Humira are compromising the long-term effects of the vaccine.  That makes sense.  However there seems to be a lack of data as to who should get a booster shot or not.  What if I got both shots of the Pfizer vaccine, and 3 months later caught a mild-breakthrough case.....maybe one I didn't even recognize I had because of the two shots ?  How does my level of anti-bodies compare to someone who got both shots and never had Covid ?....or someone who didn't have any vaccine, but survived a severe case ?

Is this booster shot going to be modified in any way from the first two ?  Will it be adjusted/modified for the variants ?  Or is it just the same shot.

So I guess what I'm asking is doesn't there reach a time where this becomes a personal diagnosis for need, as opposed to an across the board necessary booster ?  On a personal level, I would like to know my anti-body level before receiving a booster.    

I would say ask a doctor.  Nobody on this forum is qualified to answer this.  I am likely going to get a booster if the doctor tells me to.  Hell, Ive taken so many drugs in my life and I am still kicking. Im not scared of legal ones. Come on Bongman. 

18 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Yup. I’d like to know the same. I appreciate the Cadillac treatment we are receiving here in the US but other countries need to get their jabs to slow down the mutation process. 

10 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I'm with you there John, but that's not a "don't trust vaccines" issue as much as "pharmaceutical industry lacking ANY oversight and accountability" issue. Good luck though, money talks in Washington. Money by far has the loudest voice.

Science I trust. You know, because - science! Companies that spin/selectively present/suppress science for profit motives with absolutely no accountability, not so much.

Yes, we need a vaccine for the cash cow variant.

Do the Cuomo cheerleaders still think he did a great job?

New NY governor adds 12,000 deaths to publicized COVID tally

MARINA VILLENEUVE
Wed, August 25, 2021, 8:59 AM

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York Gov. Kathy Hochul promised more government transparency on her first day in office and by day’s end her administration had quietly delivered it by acknowledging nearly 12,000 more deaths in the state from COVID-19 than had been publicized by her predecessor, Andrew Cuomo.

New York now reports nearly 55,400 people have died of COVID-19 in New York based on death certificate data submitted to the CDC, up from about 43,400 that Gov. Cuomo had reported to the public as of Monday, his last day in office.

“We’re now releasing more data than had been released before publicly, so people know the nursing home deaths and the hospital deaths are consistent with what’s being displayed by the CDC,” Hochul said Wednesday on MSNBC. “There’s a lot of things that weren’t happening and I’m going to make them happen. Transparency will be the hallmark of my administration.”

6 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

AAA+++

I believe anyone can make the same claim with any drug manufacturer. What really steams me in regard to drugs in general and their cost in the US vs. literally everywhere else is that the US taxpayers pay for over 90% of R&D cost for ALL drugs, the pharma companies pay maybe 10% but typically only about 5% in R&D. So us taxpayers get the bill to develop these drugs, then pharma comes in a sells us these drugs at outrageous cost to us for a roundabout hosing on a massive scale.

I tell ya, I wish I had a business whereby my customers paid the majority of my expenses and operating costs, and then I get to charge them crazy high prices they are forced to pay, while I am also paying maybe 7% in tax. It sure is sweet to be a CEO & corporation in America 🙂 

If someone told Lucky Luciano & Meyer Lansky in 1934 that such a thing would be reality one day they would have laughed in your face as a crazy-man. No way would Americans put up with such a scam. Them mobsters must be spinning in their graves to think state sponsored extortion of the masses would one day be a reality.