The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

That's what I thought:  no one, and you're just full of shit.

I was listening to this and believe it or not, I thought of you.

Now be a good little lad and get yer shot! The life you save may be your own.

Edited by BobDobbs

On 9/6/2021 at 5:38 PM, SteveAJones said:

RIDICULOUSLY FALSEThat's 336 deaths per day. In reality, as of 9/5/21 Florida avgs 68 COVID-19 deaths per week, or 9.71 per day.

Hello Mr Jones, that is not a statistic I have read from any publications. The lowest I have seen per hour is 11. I can forward or link several different news outlets that will support it. But it is easy enough to google deaths per day in Florida from COVID. 

I don’t know where you are getting 9. Whatever per day? Please if you may link those statistics. 

Cheers. 

On 9/6/2021 at 7:15 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

They've finally dispensed with the numbering (much like how Quantitative Easing became QEternity):

Aussie Health Chief: COVID Will Be With Us "Forever", People Will Have To "Get Used To" Endless Booster Vaccines | ZeroHedge

Didn't know Australia's chief medical officer was a tranny.

Again with the bogus Russian ran ZeroHedge. I have a question, if I link reports from AlJezzera news are you going to call it Fake News? Is it just the publications that fit your need. Every link you post, or most of them are from the insanely biased ZeroHedge. But if anyone in here were to link MSNBC, or CNN, or the New York Times which is one of the oldest publications in our nation it is called out as biased or fake.

Constantly posting from a known blog that is severely biased one way or the other isn’t changing any thoughts. 

Cheers JohnOsbourne! 

7 hours ago, Plant77 said:

Hello Mr Jones, that is not a statistic I have read from any publications. The lowest I have seen per hour is 11. I can forward or link several different news outlets that will support it. But it is easy enough to google deaths per day in Florida from COVID. 

I don’t know where you are getting 9. Whatever per day? Please if you may link those statistics. 

Cheers. 

This one shows 335 deaths per day at present: Florida - COVID-19 Overview - Johns Hopkins (jhu.edu)

There are many trackers to choose from. Unsure which was used by Strider, nor which I used to rebut it.

My point is this: so what? Welcome the new paradigm: Earth + COVID-19. Herd immunity is the only way out.

Edited by SteveAJones

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

This one shows 335 deaths per day at present: Florida - COVID-19 Overview - Johns Hopkins (jhu.edu)

There are many trackers to choose from. Unsure which was used by Strider, nor which I used to rebut it.

My point is this: so what? Welcome the new paradigm: Earth + COVID-19. Herd immunity is the only way out.

I just hope you are not one of those who gets the COVID and suffers as a result or worse (I am honestly being sincere, I would not wish this on anyone). All I know is every time in my life I have been selfish and disregarded the need of others, Karma was right there to educate me the "hard way." 

Is it really so hard to get the vaccine? Our children have been required to be vaccinated to attend school. The military vaccinates everyone, you cannot object yet no one is screaming about their rights being infringed upon. Or how about travel? Many countries pre-COVID required certain vaccinations to visit otherwise you would be denied entry.

I just cannot believe this discussion is happening in 2021 and not the 19th century. 

Ps. George Washington REQUIRED all his soldiers be immunized against smallpox. He did not ask, he required it. He was our #1 founding father so NOT taking the vaccine is actually very un-American, at least from old George's perspective.

5 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Is it really so hard to get the vaccine? 

It's relatively easy to get the vaccine. The question becomes should one get vaccinated to combat a virus with an above 98% survival rate given the bald-faced lying and half-truths associated with the virus, the testing AND the vaccines from day one. 

39 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

It's relatively easy to get the vaccine. The question becomes should one get vaccinated to combat a virus with an above 98% survival rate given the bald-faced lying and half-truths associated with the virus, the testing AND the vaccines from day one. 

Probably more like 99.7% if you're under 70.

The infection fatality rate of COVID-19 inferred from seroprevalence data | medRxiv

Infection Fatality Ratios for COVID-19 Among Noninstitutionalized Persons 12 and Older: Results of a Random-Sample Prevalence Study | Annals of Internal Medicine (acpjournals.org)

And of course 40% of US covid deaths were in nursing homes.  As you and others have said here, public policy should focus on the demographics most at risk, instead of fanatically rejecting any notion of rational cost-benefit analysis.

The NAMM Show Has Been Moved To June 2022

thenammshow2022_638.webp.f1b8efeaba97daeb64858744ef3d9362.webp

Today, the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) announced that The NAMM Show, the annual "family reunion" of the global music, sound, and entertainment technology industry, will reconvene in Anaheim, California at the Anaheim Convention Center on June 3-5, 2022. Previously scheduled for January 20-23, the new dates will offer global industry leaders, buyers, sellers, music educators, artists, media, and music makers the opportunity to reconnect and renew their businesses while taking greater advantage of reimagined  indoor and outdoor events, activations, professional development sessions, an expanded digital reach, and more at the crossroads of business opportunity.

Joe Lamond, NAMM president and CEO, says: "The industry has not stopped evolving and innovating during the pandemic, and The NAMM Show is evolving, as well. As the health and safety of our members remains top of mind, and after carefully listening to companies here in the U.S. and around the world, the new dates will help members maximize their opportunities and accelerate what has arguably been a transformative time both in new products and in how they come to market. I imagine this gathering will have the kind of impact of a Beatles moment or the introduction of MIDI -- definitely one you will not want to miss."

The news of the return of the Show and the change in dates addresses ongoing concerns about pandemic activity, new product development and launches, available in-store inventory, and current travel restrictions. The announcement was met with support and enthusiasm from business leaders across the industry.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/the-namm-show-has-been-moved-to-june-2022/

TESLA's FRANK HANNON SAYS HE 'WAITED TOO LONG TO GET THE VACCINE'

attachment-frankhannon.jpg.f7d87a5731dc65f584c5b66a130131ef.jpg

Frank Hannon opens up about his bout with the coronavirus after Tesla were forced to postpone a series of tour dates in early August 'due to members of the touring party contracting COVID."

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/tesla-frank-hannon-covid/

Edited by luvlz2

23 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

That's what I thought:  no one, and you're just full of shit.

Why is that?

Look for yourself they are out there, just use Google and you'll be surprised at just how many dubious websites there are also Facebook and twitter etc. as well..

For the record, I don't believe any of those conspiracies either.

15 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Thank you for the reply Mr. Jones. I wasn’t trying to be snarky or smart ass at all. I have been reading your posts for years. Your contribution to this forum is impressive, as well as informative. We can disagree on subjects and that is what makes this a great place. I have personally had a death in my family to a relatively young man of 36  from COVID. It was my brother in-law. I have had employees, and a few others suffer from this pandemic. I have very conflicting and confusing feelings on it. I’m over all the shut downs, but that is selfishly the way I am reacting. I am a small business owner who has been vaccinated and have had to deal with Bay Area regulations. 

I apologize for being long winded, I just don’t think this situation is black white, and that I personally know what is right and wrong. I am trying to read and learn as much as possible from all sides.

As BobDobbs said, I too do not want anyone on this forum to deal with the potentially very serious consequences of this illness. 

Thanks again and I hope all of us can stay safe and get through this. 

3 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Probably more like 99.7% if you're under 70.

The infection fatality rate of COVID-19 inferred from seroprevalence data | medRxiv

Infection Fatality Ratios for COVID-19 Among Noninstitutionalized Persons 12 and Older: Results of a Random-Sample Prevalence Study | Annals of Internal Medicine (acpjournals.org)

And of course 40% of US covid deaths were in nursing homes.  As you and others have said here, public policy should focus on the demographics most at risk, instead of fanatically rejecting any notion of rational cost-benefit analysis.

Yes there is a cost-benefit analysis. Then you have states like Mississippi which has a 38% vaccination rate and their hospitals are overrun with COVID patients. For those who post this vaccination is the mark of the beast or some other insanity is just ridiculous. I had never had a flu shot, I’m a pretty healthy man. But I would rather be safe than sorry and not a jackass who doesn’t get vaccinated or wear a mask. As a society we can’t have it both ways. 

I would like to see the statistic that 40% of the deaths are nursing home related. That seems like a high number. But are their lives inconsequential? All life is important, and if the vaccine, and masks help save them why can we not contribute to our fellow man and try and be safe and take care of each other? And honestly with the ZeroHedge blog posts constantly. You might as well post what your drunk uncle thinks or has to say. It’s not a peer reviewed Journal. It’s not what any journalist ever points to as a reliable source of information. It’s a blog, people with shitty opinions and people that post stats that try and fit their views. Fact check and news sources that have to actually go on record when they write a piece that is incorrect is where it is at. Otherwise it is just opinions. And there are not alternate facts. Just facts! 

And lastly, how about being kind and wanting people to succeed, and for our country and humanity to succeed. Not a certain group to be right or wrong. 

Right on JohnOsbourne.