The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

9 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

Typical brown shirt statement.  When fines and loss of business is involved because of mandatory requirements it is definitely an infringement on personal freedom.  

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/09/30/918704017/new-york-city-imposes-fines-of-up-to-1-000-for-those-who-refuse-to-wear-face-mas

Hey their friend, hope you are having a SUPER day 🙂 

My post mentioned masks and social distancing only. If someone chooses not to weak a mask or a business chooses not to enforce it, that fine is on them, not the govt. Kinda like if you ignore the speed limit and get popped. Do you tell the cop he / she is infringing on your personal freedoms? Also, for the record, I have not attend a meeting of my local chapter of the NSDAP in like forever plus, brown is just not my color. I am more of a spring palete 😉 

Edited by BobDobbs

58 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Off the top of my head...freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, freedom to worship, freedom from government overreach, freedom to travel, freedom to earn a living...

COVID-19 has become a religion for some people, and nothing else matters besides.

Oh myyyyy. I did not know my freedom of speech was being infringed. That is just horrible. Can you explain how that is happening because I did not know? Freedom of assembly? Jeesh, yet I have seen protests from certain groups everywhere. I wonder who all those people were assembling in front of election ballot counting places were? If they were not free to assemble, was that an illusion??? Freedom to worship! Oh no, say its not so! Yet the mega-church down the streets parking lot is full every Sunday and on-line worship services are everywhere. Someone better tell them about this so they can stop this behavior before Big Brother locks them all up. Freedom to earn a living? Say it ain't so Joe! In what way because I am working. Freedom to travel? Really? I guess all those planes flying over my house daily are an illusion. I really need to cut down on the old Chronic!

12 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

If you ignore the speed limit and get popped. Do you tell the cop he / she is infringing on your personal freedoms? 

Driving is a privilege, not a right.

3 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Oh myyyyy. I did not know my freedom of speech was being infringed. That is just horrible. Can you explain how that is happening because I did not know? Freedom of assembly? Jeesh, yet I have seen protests from certain groups everywhere. I wonder who all those people were assembling in front of election ballot counting places were? If they were not free to assemble, was that an illusion??? Freedom to worship! Oh no, say its not so! Yet the mega-church down the streets parking lot is full every Sunday and on-line worship services are everywhere. Someone better tell them about this so they can stop this behavior before Big Brother locks them all up. Freedom to earn a living? Say it ain't so Joe! In what way because I am working. Freedom to travel? Really? I guess all those planes flying over my house daily are an illusion. I really need to cut down on the old Chronic!

How much of my time do I want to waste educating you? I'll give one example. In some states, property owners are forbidden from traveling from one domicile that they own to another domicile that they own, on the premise of this planned-demic. Of course, they are still required to pay property taxes on both. 

I'm still worried about if these drug companies are in too fast a hurry fast tracking these new "miracle" vaccines & whatever political agenda there may be behind it. 

Of course, I would love to see an end to this pandemic, but I'm also cautious or feeling trepidation, whatever the right word is...

:unsure:

9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Driving is a privilege, not a right.

How much of my time do I want to waste educating you? I'll give one example. In some states, property owners are forbidden from traveling from one domicile that they own to another domicile that they own, on the premise of this planned-demic. Of course, they are still required to pay property taxes on both. 

OYE! Ok buddy. I guess you don't mind paranoia or conspiracy theories living rent free in your mind. Free your mind, be happy, Dr. Funkenstein loves you brother:

8 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I'm still worried about if these drug companies are in too fast a hurry fast tracking these new "miracle" vaccines & whatever political agenda there may be behind it. 

Of course, I would love to see an end to this pandemic, but I'm also cautious or feeling trepidation, whatever the right word is...

Political agenda? More like monetary gain and a whole lotta it. I too worry about the effectiveness of this and potential side affects. If one is a health care worker or part of an at-risk cohort they should take it but everyone else? Good news is we can see what happens in the UK first however that does nothing to determine possible long-term side affects. Then again people buy Lipitor, a drug which only has an affective rate of 1 - 2% above placebo and potential horrible side affects.

Honestly, when it comes to drugs (except weed of course) nothing goes in my body unless absolutely necessary and that includes supplements. Always managed my health through a healthy lifestyle, good, natural foods, and plenty of exercise.

25 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

OYE! Ok buddy. I guess you don't mind paranoia or conspiracy theories living rent free in your mind. 

Paranoia and conspiracy theories has nothing to do with it. I'm citing tyrannical public health measures that are currently state law (depending upon the state).

32 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Political agenda? More like monetary gain and a whole lotta it. I too worry about the effectiveness of this and potential side affects. If one is a health care worker or part of an at-risk cohort they should take it but everyone else? Good news is we can see what happens in the UK first however that does nothing to determine possible long-term side affects. Then again people buy Lipitor, a drug which only has an affective rate of 1 - 2% above placebo and potential horrible side affects.

Honestly, when it comes to drugs (except weed of course) nothing goes in my body unless absolutely necessary and that includes supplements. Always managed my health through a healthy lifestyle, good, natural foods, and plenty of exercise.

It's important to stay healthy, without question.  I'm guessing you're under 70 was well.  So that would put you in the category already mentioned, of at-risk without any kind of co-morbidities.  With current numbers, that's about 0.06*285K = 17K.  Current cases are officially around 15M, and based on what was reported in NY back in the spring and a CDC study (mentioned here:  https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/21/cdc-study-actual-covid-19-cases/) the actual number of cases is almost certainly much higher, let's say 6 times, so that's 90M cases.  Which means your risk of death is about 17K/90M = a whopping 0.02%.  As in 2 in 10,000.  As in, you're at absolutely no fucking risk.  I'll bet you're breathing a sigh of relief!  

On 12/4/2020 at 6:36 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo gave a breakdown of how the initial vaccine from Pfizer, a NY company, will be distributed.  In NY, 170,000 doses will go to Nursing Homes and staff to start.  21 days later the 2nd batch of 170,000 goes to the same as a 2nd shot is needed.  About 205,000 will cover all nursing homes and staff.  BUT, its not known how many will refuse the vaccine and what will be done with the doses that are left because of this. Studies have indicated as many as 20 % could refuse based on fear.  Cuomo said he himself will take the vaccine and show his confidence in it.  I know that the United Kingdom will have at least 50 million sent from Pfizer via Belgium in the initial round.  I am not sure how the other states will go, as far as the numbers?  There is another company that will have it ready very soon also.  

I'd rather Cuomo inject bleach after politicizing the vaccine. But I don't want New York to suffer anymore under him. 

I found this for you, 77  FDA Confirms Pfizer Vaccine Safe, Effective; Approval Expected In Days | The Daily Wire

Good health to you and yours.

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Paranoia and conspiracy theories has nothing to do with it. I'm citing tyrannical public health measures that are currently state law (depending upon the state).

Tyrannical, what a hoot you are. You obviously have no clue what tyranny is, however I would be glad to introduce you to some El Salvadorians who had to migrate to the US in the 80's due to that little business down there, for insight.

but, you do you, let that freak flag fly and thank old Bacchus for the good times

10 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Trepidation is a good word, Paul. All the fast tracking would be is an elimination of the politics or bureaucracy. Yes, they have that in the Food/Drug Agency very much. It doesn't mean the safety measures were cut. But my concern is what are the ingredients I would be putting in my body? Aluminum? What's in the vaccine?

What foreign agents in the vaccine kill another foreign agent (which is the virus)? 

8 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Tyrannical, what a hoot you are. You obviously have no clue what tyranny is, however I would be glad to introduce you to some El Salvadorians who had to migrate to the US in the 80's due to that little business down there, for insight.

but, you do you, let that freak flag fly and thank old Bacchus for the good times

You're coming through in stereo, Slacker. Must be a glitch. 

34 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

I'd rather Cuomo inject bleach after politicizing the vaccine. But I don't want New York to suffer anymore under him. 

I found this for you, 77  FDA Confirms Pfizer Vaccine Safe, Effective; Approval Expected In Days | The Daily Wire

Good health to you and yours.

On p. 8 of the FDA document linked in this article, we have the basis of the 95% efficacy number the media is parroting/hyping.  That's 1 minus the ratio of rate of infection in vaccinated vs unvaccinated, in case you're wondering.  I'm guessing they did 1:1 placebo vs non-placebo, so that's 22K in each group for the first trial.  Vaccinated experienced 8 cases, placebo experienced 162.  That's a 0.04% rate in the vaccinated group vs 0.74% unvaccinated.  So 1 minus the division of two tiny numbers gives you the magical 95% efficacy  rate.  Of course the real story here is that the risk in the placebo group is extremely small to begin with.  So remind me again:  why are they rushing out an untested vaccine like this (apart from the fact that a large part of the country has lost their minds)?

16 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

On p. 8 of the FDA document linked in this article, we have the basis of the 95% efficacy number the media is parroting/hyping.  That's 1 minus the ratio of rate of infection in vaccinated vs unvaccinated, in case you're wondering.  I'm guessing they did 1:1 placebo vs non-placebo, so that's 22K in each group for the first trial.  Vaccinated experienced 8 cases, placebo experienced 162.  That's a 0.04% rate in the vaccinated group vs 0.74% unvaccinated.  So 1 minus the division of two tiny numbers gives you the magical 95% efficacy  rate.  Of course the real story here is that the risk in the placebo group is extremely small to begin with.  So remind me again:  why are they rushing out an untested vaccine like this (apart from the fact that a large part of the country has lost their minds)?

Because we are running out of toilet paper and coinage? Good spot, John

11 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Now this I somewhat agree with. Efficacy rates are nothing more than numbers manipulation. Lipitor, the most widely used drug in the US has an efficacy rate of 40-60% however when all those numbers are not manipulated, the actual effectiveness of Lipitor vs. a placebo is only 1 - 2% in lowering cholesterol levels in the blood. Adjusting ones diet has much better results than anything Lipitor can do yet it is the drug which makes the most money for the Pharma industry.

6 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

This is hilarious:

Russia Warns Citizens Not To Drink Alcohol For Six Weeks After COVID-19 Vaccine | Zero Hedge

Guess we're going to be seeing a ton of adverse reactions in Russia.

They will likely loose 20% of their population to alcohol detox. In Russia you no get COVID...but vodka get YOU!

1 hour ago, Strider said:

She made over 1mil last year on her back? My god, that poor vagina. I'm surprised that abused cooz doesn't have a protest sign sticking out of it.