The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

Mixing and matching:

CDC Expands Eligibility for COVID-19 Booster Shots | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC

Here's the punchline:

"Eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose."

So basically, everyone's a "scientist" now.  It is simply amazing (maybe horrifying is a better word) that there are still a significant number of people falling for this scam.

9 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

Josef Goebbels, once said tell a lie long enough and people will believe it, he was Hitler's Minister of Propaganda.

Looking more and more like that fascist era as each day passes..

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/24/new-zealand-prime-minister-admits-she-wants-create-two-classes-citizens-based-vaccination-status/

11 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

Josef Goebbels, once said tell a lie long enough and people will believe it, he was Hitler's Minister of Propaganda.

Interestingly, Goebbels said this in reference to the Western Democracies' propaganda, not as a justification/rationalization of Nazi Germany's.  

1 hour ago, cryingbluerain said:

She is a truly creepy bitch, but we've known that since that mosque shooting a few years ago.  What the hell is going on in Australia and New Zealand?

On 10/23/2021 at 4:49 AM, SteveAJones said:

IpMan, you are consistent I'll give you that. Yes, indeed an explanation for everything can be found within your own lifetime (all of your beliefs are self-referential) and the solution is always more government. Journalism was never pure -- one can find examples of yellow journalism in the 1700s. In my opinion, it is the way it is now because of the 24 hours news cycle, which I think you were alluding to, so on that point we are in agreement.   

but of course, throw out the baby with the bathwater. Everything must be 100% absolute pure otherwise the degree of corruption is irrelevant. Give me a break! You had Murrow & Cronkite telling it like it was, 100% verifiable (as long as they did not run an un-verified story), no bullshit but once in a while they would jump the gun and step on their dicks. That is a far cry from putting out downright propaganda and calling it "news."

Regarding yellow journalism, back in those days the overwhelming majority of people knew that was complete bullshit, they bought it like people (most) buy the Enquirer, for entertainment, not factual news. Only the loons took that junk serious. It was only when people like Hearst started working with government to plant bogus "cassius beli" stories and start wars that it became a problem. In fact one can tract Fox News and other such channels directly back to Mr. Hearst himself. He is the wellspring of bullshit.

Edited by BobDobbs

On 10/23/2021 at 5:46 AM, JohnOsbourne said:

It's called parthenogenesis, and according to wiki it's never been observed in humans (or mammals in general) in a controlled environment:

Parthenogenesis - Wikipedia

What's your point in bringing it up?

A controlled environment? Is that supposed to be funny? We're humans, not monkeys, we generally don't screw while under scientific observation. As I stated, it happens in approximately 1 out of every 100,000 million births. Absolutely no way you could have a control that large plus, statistically speaking the majority of those births would occur in third-world countries with no access to report and verify something like this.

Jeesh, calm down. Just because 1 out of 100,000 births will be virgin births does not mean the Jesus thing did not happen or was any big deal. If it did happen it would have been a very big deal as it is completely impossible for a virgin birth to result in a male child. All virgin births are female and are a genetic clone of the mother. 

I did what my doctor suggested  I got the booster for the Phizer shots I received months ago.  So I have also received my first ever flu shot, pneumonia vaccine, shingles vaccine, but I got the older one. Now i must pony up $188 or so to get the double whammy shingles vaccine.  Shingix or something like that?   I have never had a negative reaction to any of these shots.  I sure do not want the damn shingles.  Its a nightmare. 

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I did what my doctor suggested  I got the booster for the Phizer shots I received months ago.  So I have also received my first ever flu shot, pneumonia vaccine, shingles vaccine, but I got the older one. Now i must pony up $188 or so to get the double whammy shingles vaccine.  Shingix or something like that?   I have never had a negative reaction to any of these shots.  I sure do not want the damn shingles.  Its a nightmare. 

I unfortunately get shingles outbreaks and they are horrible. I am lucky though compared to most as the lesion is relatively small (about two inches in diameter) and in the same place every time. I took the OG shingles vaccine three years ago, it did nothing. My doctor has me set up for the Shingix so I hope that works. Depending on my stress levels (I work a rather stressful job), I can get an outbreak as frequent as one every two weeks and as they last around a week, sometimes one has just ended and another begins. I have learned to identify the symptoms pre-outbreak to dose myself with Valacyclovir so most of the time I can catch it before a full outbreak results but it still sucks.

Shingles is a virus, it has no cure but the vaccine is supposed to stop most outbreaks and that is a very good thing. Then again, I don't know what's exactly in Shingix, and Shingles is survivable. Maybe this is some Bill Gates microchipping scam? Damn, I almost fell right into the old government tyranny trap. Time to move to Idaho 😉 

21 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

I unfortunately get shingles outbreaks and they are horrible. I am lucky though compared to most as the lesion is relatively small (about two inches in diameter) and in the same place every time. I took the OG shingles vaccine three years ago, it did nothing. My doctor has me set up for the Shingix so I hope that works. Depending on my stress levels (I work a rather stressful job), I can get an outbreak as frequent as one every two weeks and as they last around a week, sometimes one has just ended and another begins. I have learned to identify the symptoms pre-outbreak to dose myself with Valacyclovir so most of the time I can catch it before a full outbreak results but it still sucks.

Shingles is a virus, it has no cure but the vaccine is supposed to stop most outbreaks and that is a very good thing. Then again, I don't know what's exactly in Shingix, and Shingles is survivable. Maybe this is some Bill Gates microchipping scam? Damn, I almost fell right into the old government tyranny trap. Time to move to Idaho 😉 

My mother had it and it was not pretty.  Scared me into the vaccines for it. I think the new one is two shots, about 2-3 weeks apart and yes, something like Shingrix.  I doubt I spelled it correctly but its two shots for sure and its supposed to be about 93% effective. 

Pretty soon, it will just be a regular weekly shot:

CDC says some immunocompromised people can get fourth COVID shot

73ced687fb187753c2ffff5d834edc39

Ivana Saric
Tue, October 26, 2021, 3:30 PM

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in updated guidelines Tuesday that some immunocompromised people who have received either Pfizer or Moderna's COVID-19 vaccines will be able to get a fourth shot.

Details: People over 18 who are "moderately to severely immunocompromised" and have received three doses of an mRNA vaccine may get a fourth shot (of either the Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccines) at least six months after getting their third Pfizer or Moderna dose, per the CDC.

Stay on top of the latest market trends and economic insights with Axios Markets. Subscribe for free

Worth noting: For immunocompromised people, the third COVID-19 vaccine shot is classified as an "additional dose" by the CDC, and the volume given is the same as that of the first two shots.

• For such people, however, the fourth dose is considered a "booster," and the volume given is only half the amount given in the first three doses.

The CDC last week gave its approval for Americans to get booster shots that are different from the COVID vaccine they initially received.

On 10/24/2021 at 9:01 PM, BobDobbs said:

but of course, throw out the baby with the bathwater. Everything must be 100% absolute pure otherwise the degree of corruption is irrelevant. Give me a break! You had Murrow & Cronkite telling it like it was, 100% verifiable (as long as they did not run an un-verified story), no bullshit but once in a while they would jump the gun and step on their dicks. That is a far cry from putting out downright propaganda and calling it "news."

Regarding yellow journalism, back in those days the overwhelming majority of people knew that was complete bullshit, they bought it like people (most) buy the Enquirer, for entertainment, not factual news. Only the loons took that junk serious. It was only when people like Hearst started working with government to plant bogus "cassius beli" stories and start wars that it became a problem. In fact one can tract Fox News and other such channels directly back to Mr. Hearst himself. He is the wellspring of bullshit.

Good point about journalists being human. Talk about a tough job .. they didn't always get it right back then but had to do their best under a tight deadline every day. This 10 minute clip came across my feed this morning, I thought it might interest you as it's a brief discussion on the history of journalism and how today's media exacerbates the tribalism issues we have (tying it back to vaccine feud) :

10 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

I think the un-vaccinated should start community gardens. Everyone loves community gardens. Plus they can sell the surplus to the vaccinated after they drool all over their produce. That will get those silly science-y libs but good. Kinda like Victory Bonds during WWII they could have Trump Tomato's, Kavanaugh Cabbage, and Boebert Beets.

When life gives you lemons, make some Don Lemonade 😉 

13 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

I think the un-vaccinated should start community gardens. Everyone loves community gardens. Plus they can sell the surplus to the vaccinated after they drool all over their produce. That will get those silly science-y libs but good. Kinda like Victory Bonds during WWII they could have Trump Tomato's, Kavanaugh Cabbage, and Boebert Beets.

Ha. Congrats, you get a gold star for amusing post of the day.

congrats-meme-for-job.jpg.f529406e6b7785a7f9634803ab53f793.jpg

You've seen this a dozen times but might be worth revisiting.
When will Dr. Clairvoyant warn us of the latest lab concocted
"outbreak".
I mean, new administration and all.

(asking for a trollop)

12 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

I think the vaccinated should drop their Shakespeare act:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_lady_doth_protest_too_much,_methinks

Don't you have some mixing and matching to do?