The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

So we've gone from "two weeks to flatten the curve" to "get vaccinated" to changing the definition of what fully vaccinated is. I'm so done with this bullshit. Not one more drop. I will never take a booster shot.

1 minute ago, SteveAJones said:

So we've gone from "two weeks to flatten the curve" to "get vaccinated" to changing the definition of what fully vaccinated is. I'm so done with this bullshit. Not one more drop. I will never take a booster shot.

Maybe we should all just walk around in hazmat suits. I for one can get behind this idea 100% if only exclusively for commercial air travel. Just imagine how silly people will look trying to beat the shit out of each other while in a confined cylinder at 30k ft. wearing a hazmat suit.

I would watch that on YouTube

In a perfect world, the UN would get together and declare experimenting with bioweapons (whoopsie, I meant "gain of function" research) a crime against humanity. This won't happen for decades of course, if at all. The cat is out of the bag so it doesn't matter at this point, but the optimist in me likes to think we all might learn from this boondoggle, if at least for a little while.

I personally did take both jabs 6 months ago but respect everyone's right to refuse. I think at this point, Americans have earned the right to be highly skeptical of both the government (who have been caught in repeated lies about all of this since it started) and Big Pharma. 

I don't see any easy solutions. Masks suck, but if everyone wore them, it would help. It's problematic, but then so is chronic fatigue and not being able to taste your food indefinitely (I know several people with long covid). In my opinion, we (meaning the US) are still in the denial and anger stages. I reckon the depression stage (reality) will set in 12 months from now - if long covid turns out to be as prevalent as some studies suggest.

Scientists could find a way to mitigate or even stop long covid which is the real problem in my view. Or, they might not. At this stage, it feels like we're in trouble. I do think human ingenuity will ultimately prevail, it's just a question of "when". In the meantime, I think businesses should be allowed to have vaccine mandates or NOT have mandates - I think the government is overstepping on this one, only because the vaccines are an unknown in terms of what they'll do to the human immune system long term.

We could be 100% vaccinated, and this thing would STILL be a problem because the vax efficacy drops off a cliff after 6 months. Booster shots (from a new technology that may or may not screw up someone's immune system long term) every 6 months are not a solution. I'm just a little ray of sunshine tonight.

Wish I had something meaningful to add here, but I'm fresh out of ideas. I really, really hate masks but think if everyone wore them, it would be a big help in stopping the spread.

Beyond that, I think people need to try and see things from a perspective that is not their own and hope for the best. 

I haven't even gotten into the long term economic ramifications of this lol.(And I won't because who in their right mind would really want to). Believe it or not, it's very possible we're in the honeymoon phase of this thing.   

Pfizer booster and flu shot for the first time....one in each arm.

Also on a new biological drug called Stelara by injection.  Drug cocktails are the best ! Throw in some edibles and a shot of whiskey and I'm good to watch anything the Lions throw at me.

10 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Also on a new biological drug called Stelara by injection.  Drug cocktails are the best ! Throw in some edibles and a shot of whiskey and I'm good to watch anything the Lions throw at me.

Welcome too the pin cushion, Guinea Pig club.  I too had the Pfizer booster and flu shot for the first time ever.  I have this damn Type 2 diabetes.  Sucks big time. Take a shot in stomach morning and night. On so many drugs.  Metformin.  Im OK until late afternoon because I refuse to change some of the things I eat that are not all good.  I eat Blueberries and Raspberries  but the one habit that is not good and I like is Risotto.   I make it with Brown Rice, Dr recommended, .  But two plates of it basically knocks you out if diabetic.  Back to the shots, we have no choice. If se catch this infernal Covid, we are much more likely to get through it with the vaccine.  I know a guy 8 years younger than me that almost died.  My other friend who posted daily about him and was looking out for him died two months ago of cancer. Had stage 4 esophegal cancer and did not go to Dr.  They flew him in from San Jose and his family came and i attended the services. He was like 10 years younger than me.  So many things that can kill you besides Covid. 

Good to know you got the vaccines.  I believe you did the right thing.  I also got the first shingles shot.  Now I have to go get the better one. Shingrix.  This insurance is pure shit. They still have not lowered my deductible.  Want like $190 for the shot  I have delayed .  Its much higher effective they say than the original one. Shingles is a nightmare.  I would go off insulin and back to Trulicity if I did not have to pay the ridiculous price of it.  But if anyone out there has type 2 diabetes, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TRULICITY.  Only 1 shot once a week. And it works better than Victoza and Insulin

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

:hysterical: Love it! 

Getting my booster tomorrow. I only have taken the flu shot the years my wife was going through chemo treatments. 

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Welcome too the pin cushion, Guinea Pig club.  I too had the Pfizer booster and flu shot for the first time ever.  I have this damn Type 2 diabetes.  Sucks big time. Take a shot in stomach morning and night. On so many drugs.  Metformin.  Im OK until late afternoon because I refuse to change some of the things I eat that are not all good.  I eat Blueberries and Raspberries  but the one habit that is not good and I like is Risotto.   I make it with Brown Rice, Dr recommended, .  But two plates of it basically knocks you out if diabetic.  Back to the shots, we have no choice. If se catch this infernal Covid, we are much more likely to get through it with the vaccine.  I know a guy 8 years younger than me that almost died.  My other friend who posted daily about him and was looking out for him died two months ago of cancer. Had stage 4 esophegal cancer and did not go to Dr.  They flew him in from San Jose and his family came and i attended the services. He was like 10 years younger than me.  So many things that can kill you besides Covid. 

Good to know you got the vaccines.  I believe you did the right thing.  I also got the first shingles shot.  Now I have to go get the better one. Shingrix.  This insurance is pure shit. They still have not lowered my deductible.  Want like $190 for the shot  I have delayed .  Its much higher effective they say than the original one. Shingles is a nightmare.  I would go off insulin and back to Trulicity if I did not have to pay the ridiculous price of it.  But if anyone out there has type 2 diabetes, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TRULICITY.  Only 1 shot once a week. And it works better than Victoza and Insulin

and this is the problem. The taxes on the middle-class either go up or stay relatively the same while corporate taxes and taxes on the wealthy keep going down. It's not rocket science. You can only pay out what you take in so what always gets cut are programs designed to help the average American. College educations used to be affordable, then the states started contributing less & less to the universities so now tuition is outrageous. Health Care used to be affordable, insurance companies covered just about everything and deductibles (that is if you had any) were very low, not anymore. Everything is going through the roof as a direct result of the 2017 tax cuts plus the supply chain issues as a result of Just in Time manufacturing protocols. Of course we also have the typical, "never let a tragedy go unexploited" corporate mentality so everyone is raising prices because, well, because they can and its that simple.

The very fact any life saving drug costs anyone a single dime is a crime against humanity IMO, especially as the American taxpayer funds over 95% of all drug research costs while the drug companies then get to benefit off of our blood.

I would say at least the COVID vaccine is free but it ain't, the govt. is paying the drug companies bigtime for those vaccines, vaccines which were developed with American tax dollars. So the fact is, we paid for those too.

24 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

College educations used to be affordable, then the states started contributing less & less to the universities so now tuition is outrageous.

Why didn't you mention it's also because the federal government gives every applicant with a pulse a student loan? 

30 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Of course we also have the typical, "never let a tragedy go unexploited" corporate mentality so everyone is raising prices because, well, because they can and its that simple.

Of course it's never because we have a nation full of morbidly obese, generally unhealthy and irresponsible people. Of course the only solution is more Big Government.

16 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Good old Dr. Peter Mccullough....how many times does this guy have to be debunked ?

Really enjoyed this part of the lawsuit....

The FDA does not and cannot challenge that PHMPT is “primarily engaged in disseminating information.” PHMPT is an organization made up of public health professionals, medical professionals, scientists, and journalists. PHMPT exists for the sole purpose of disseminating to the public the data and information in the biological product files for each of the COVID-19 vaccines. PHMPT intends to make any records produced in response to the FOIA request immediately available to the public through both its website and its individual members’ platforms. Many of PHMPT’s individual members, including all its members that are journalists, are primarily engaged in disseminating information to the public and do so across various platforms, including through interviews, articles, blogs, essays, and podcasts.

Yes, you're all Internet influencers that deserve our respect.

Meanwhile, I wonder what the good ole Doctor thinks of this new data from his own State ?  COVID in Texas: Unvaccinated more likely to test positive, die | kvue.com

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Why didn't you mention it's also because the federal government gives every applicant with a pulse a student loan? 

I agree with you on this Steve. In fact, IMO state universities should go back to their pre-WWII structure where you studied for degrees in STEM & law exclusively and if you wanted to learn art history you went to an art college. We should be motivating the youth to go into vocational studies if they are not interested in a STEM or law degree. Also, only STEM, law degrees, and vocational schools should qualify for student loans at a zero percent interest rate. All other fields of study pay for it on your own.

I also could not agree more about your assessment of public health in general. These issues are where the conservative in me comes out as I should not have to subsidize another persons bad lifestyle and poor choices. In several European countries health care systems they simply do not. You are a smoker and go to your doctor for a check up the doctor will tell you any illness you get as a direct result of your habit will be your responsibility to pay for.

The structure of both health care & education is so outrageous its criminal.

Edited by BobDobbs

7 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Good old Dr. Peter Mccullough....how many times does this guy have to be debunked ?

Really enjoyed this part of the lawsuit....

The FDA does not and cannot challenge that PHMPT is “primarily engaged in disseminating information.” PHMPT is an organization made up of public health professionals, medical professionals, scientists, and journalists. PHMPT exists for the sole purpose of disseminating to the public the data and information in the biological product files for each of the COVID-19 vaccines. PHMPT intends to make any records produced in response to the FOIA request immediately available to the public through both its website and its individual members’ platforms. Many of PHMPT’s individual members, including all its members that are journalists, are primarily engaged in disseminating information to the public and do so across various platforms, including through interviews, articles, blogs, essays, and podcasts.

Yes, you're all Internet influencers that deserve our respect.

Meanwhile, I wonder what the good ole Doctor thinks of this new data from his own State ?  COVID in Texas: Unvaccinated more likely to test positive, die | kvue.com

Really?  That's the best you can do?  No comment on the substance of the actual claim (which concerns public agencies shielding private entities), just slander the claimant, quite telling.  I'm old enough to remember when you people used to pretend to be opposed to crony capitalism and Big Pharma in particular.  Such contemptible, dishonest sacks of shit you've revealed yourselves to be.

12 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Really?  That's the best you can do?  No comment on the substance of the actual claim (which concerns public agencies shielding private entities), just slander the claimant, quite telling.  I'm old enough to remember when you people used to pretend to be opposed to crony capitalism and Big Pharma in particular.  Such contemptible, dishonest sacks of shit you've revealed yourselves to be.

You People ?  Dishonest sacks of shit ?  Retarded ?  Saline Solutions ?  Grow the hell up !

Here's a sample of your geniuses...

Aaron Kheriaty, MD - Suspended from his job after losing a frivolous lawsuit

Harvey Risch, MD - Debunked after claiming 60% of new cases were vaccinated people

Peter Doshi, Anthropologist -  This guy Is an RFK JR. clone who never met a vaccine he liked.  If only he were more qualified than a baker or candlestick maker to make those decisions.  

You can go on and on down the list.  You're doing nothing but grabbing at straws from the Sydney Powells of the medical field to support your obscene contrarian views.  There's quacks in the medical field just like there's 'magnetized' nurses.  The FDA isn't going to give these morons the time of day, and it doesn't matter if the drug's patent expires in 4 years, 10 years, or 50.  

And here's a further debunking for the Internet experts who were so proud to latch on to any claim to support their twisted contrarian political views.....Evolutionary virologist once open to Wuhan lab leak theory now says COVID spread from animal market (yahoo.com)

Now turn off the Internet for an Afternoon, follow the advice of all the 'paid-off deep state medical experts' on MSM, and go get the shot.  Remember John, Dr Fauci really  loves and cares about you.

Eisenhower touched on what's happening today (not just government overstepping and the military industrial complex but all kinds of other things) in his farewell address. This was a guy who truly loved this country. His speech had nothing to do with ego or politics. He was deeply concerned about the country's present and future. Sometimes it's good to take a look at the past to get a better perspective on what's happening in the present. In terms of any connection to vaccine mandates, the role of media, misinformation and disinformation, tribalism, strategic divisionism for political ends, etc .. you can draw your own parallels.  Just some food for thought. 

image.jpeg.a5a14f5af43e98cd5092f7b46f3b27a4.jpeg

17 minutes ago, 1975NQ said:

Eisenhower touched on what's happening today (not just government overstepping and the military industrial complex but all kinds of other things) in his farewell address. This was a guy who truly loved this country. His speech had nothing to do with ego or politics. He was deeply concerned about the country's present and future. Sometimes it's good to take a look at the past to get a better perspective on what's happening in the present. In terms of any connection to vaccine mandates, the role of media, misinformation and disinformation, tribalism, strategic divisionism for political ends, etc .. you can draw your own parallels.  Just some food for thought. 

I liked Ike for the most part. The guy would be considered a left-wing loonie in today's political environment. 92% marginal tax rate, civil rights, etc. He was not perfect as he engaged in way too many covert mini-wars and the toppling of democratically elected heads of state but they, no one is perfect.

I would vote for Ike today over any current or potential politician / candidate out there. You know Ike would immediately purge the republican party of all the crazies, then tell everyone to grow the hell up and stop acting like children from Lord of the Flies.

Old Ike would have immediately rallied the world to fight the COVID, get a vaccine, and probably put together a catchy phrase to sell it all to the American people.

4 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

I liked Ike for the most part. The guy would be considered a left-wing loonie in today's political environment. 92% marginal tax rate, civil rights, etc. He was not perfect as he engaged in way too many covert mini-wars and the toppling of democratically elected heads of state but they, no one is perfect.

Haha, indeed no one's perfect. And yeah, agree with all that. The burning question is - what would the catch phrase be?  "The jab is fab"? "Don't hes-i-tate to vacc-i-nate"?

I'm vaccinated. Team Moderna for the win. I'll get my booster shot when I'm eligible. I live with and take care of my elderly parents, both of whom have such a boatload of health issues that the Big Nasty would put them six feet under within a week. Yes, they got their shots. I don't understand what's difficult about getting vaccinated, you've already been vaccinated for polio, the measles, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, the mumps, chickenpox, and if you're over a certain age, smallpox. You get pneumonia shots, flu shots, and if you've had the chickenpox and you're over 50, the shingles vaccine. This is no different. Am I annoyed at having to still wear a mask in public, over a year and a half later? Sure, but it is what it is. If a surgeon can wear one for a 10-hour procedure and not pass out, I think I can wear one to walk around the grocery store.

*shrugs*

You do you, boo-boo. Just do you 6 ft. away from me and over thataway. I have neither the time nor the desire to get into an argument with anyone about this. If you're not vaccinated by now, you're never going to be, and if you don't wear a mask in public by now, you're never going to. I just worry about me and mine and hope the bubble we've surrounded ourselves with holds firm.

6 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

This was one of the great speeches in American political history (low bar, ok, but), no doubt.