Jump to content

The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/7/2020 at 10:26 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

Here's what I see for the US from poking around the CDC website:

year    deaths    population    rate
2013    2,596,993    316,128,839    821.5
2014    2,626,418    318,857,056    823.7
2015    2,712,630    321,418,820    844
2016    2,744,248    323,127,513    849.3
2017    2,813,503    325,719,178    863.8
2018    2,839,205    327,167,434    867.8
2019    2,855,000    329,130,000    867.4
2020    2,918,176    330,775,650    881.3
 
Rate is deaths per 100K of population.  Data is final/official through 2018, 2019 is provisional but should be adequate.  2020 deaths from all causes are about 2.7M through Dec 7th, that number is lagging and also provisional, but grossing it up proportionately should be good enough.  Anyway, it looks like a 1.6% increase in mortality rate this year.  Not good of course, but also not historically unprecedented even in this sample.  And of course, since every death where there's a positive covid test gets attributed to the virus, we have no idea what's really causing this, there can't be much doubt that the lock-downs have contributed in various ways.  Ultimately it looks like we're talking about something like 100K excess deaths.  Again, nothing to dismiss, but is it really major crisis territory?  I can't see how.

 

I completely screwed up my #'s for 2020, and I apologize for this.  The 2.7M only covered the period Feb-Dec, provisional deaths for Jan were 260K, meaning projected total deaths for 2020 will be more like 3.2M and hence an overall mortality rate of 977, or a 12% increase.  So yes, there is something very unusual going on this year.  

I stand by all of the other claims I've made here, however, specifically that the virus poses little risk to the population as a whole, as the CDC's own numbers show that 94% of "covid deaths" happened in people with an average of 2.6 co-morbidities (and no, being fat and out-of-shape as too many Americans are is not a co-morbidity).  There is still no justification for rushing out and mandating an untested vaccine.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not high risk or in the elder class, but I'm hoping my school considers me "essential" so I can get it in the early phase (I've been considered essential so far).  I want to get the vaccine early so I can travel again (two overseas vacations last Spring got cancelled).  Getting the Covid vaccine will be mandatory to go overseas again.

I wonder how many businesses here in the States will require you to show your "Covid passport" before allowing you into their business or serving you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

First vaccines are off and running.. :) 

Did you see where they were quite deliberate about ensuring the first person to be vaccinated in the US was a black female, by a black female doctor? This was reportedly done to alleviate concerns in minorities communities about the COVID-19 vaccinations being another Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment in disguise. This country just can't get over itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, redrum said:

I'll wait to see the side effects, (if they report them at all).

The reports are coming out of the UK regarding reported side affects: 

The most common side effects found in the Pfizer and BioNTech vaccine trials included pain, redness or swelling at the injection site, fatigue, headache, chills, muscle pain and joint pain, according to a Food and Drug Administration analysis released Tuesday.

These are also the same side affects reported out of the UK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

The reports are coming out of the UK regarding reported side affects: 

The most common side effects found in the Pfizer and BioNTech vaccine trials included pain, redness or swelling at the injection site, fatigue, headache, chills, muscle pain and joint pain, according to a Food and Drug Administration analysis released Tuesday.

These are also the same side affects reported out of the UK.

Yuchh!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, redrum said:

Yuchh!

I guess its kinda like the flu shot in that regard. You get vaccine and you get a milder version of COVID as a result. The big question is, like the flu shot, will repeated vaccinations be required each year? If so, cha-ching for big pharma once again.

Edited by BobDobbs
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

I guess its kinda like the flu shot in that regard. You get vaccine and you get a milder version of COVID as a result. The big question is, like the flu shot, will repeated vaccinations be required each year? If so, cha-ching for big pharma once again.

With the flu and shingles vaccine I've only had some pain at the injection site. Most likely I will get the covid shot(s).

The Scary Effects of Shooting Up Heroin – Seaside Palm Beach Luxury Rehab

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, redrum said:

With the flu and shingles vaccine I've only had some pain at the injection site. Most likely I will get the covid shot(s).

The Scary Effects of Shooting Up Heroin – Seaside Palm Beach Luxury Rehab

Oh man, when I got the shingles vaccine not only did it do nothing, but it caused an outbreak. Not really upset as I got the vaccine in the off-chance it would help since I have been dealing with shingles outbreaks since my early 40's and got the vaccine at 48.

I really hate shingles, painful as all hell and for me is brought on by stress which in my job can be extreme at times. They need to find a cure for shingles...that evil ailment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The New York Times has a process where you can figure out where in line you are for getting the vaccine.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/03/opinion/covid-19-vaccine-timeline.html

Here are my results:

Based on your risk profile, we believe you’re in line behind 268.7 million people across the United States.

When it comes to California, we think you’re behind 31.0 millionothers who are at higher risk in your state.

And in Los Angeles County, you’re behind 7.9 million others.

These are just estimates and the line may ultimately be shorter. The order isn’t yet finalized and children could be skipped entirely if the vaccine isn’t approved for people under 18. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Strider said:

The New York Times has a process where you can figure out where in line you are for getting the vaccine.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/03/opinion/covid-19-vaccine-timeline.html

Here are my results:

Based on your risk profile, we believe you’re in line behind 268.7 million people across the United States.

When it comes to California, we think you’re behind 31.0 millionothers who are at higher risk in your state.

And in Los Angeles County, you’re behind 7.9 million others.

These are just estimates and the line may ultimately be shorter. The order isn’t yet finalized and children could be skipped entirely if the vaccine isn’t approved for people under 18. 

 

 

I'm 627,700th in line here in WA. Guess I'll camp out on the street in the queue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2020 at 5:24 PM, SteveAJones said:

Did you see where they were quite deliberate about ensuring the first person to be vaccinated in the US was a black female, by a black female doctor? This was reportedly done to alleviate concerns in minorities communities about the COVID-19 vaccinations being another Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment in disguise. This country just can't get over itself.

Dayam! You're kidding me, Jonesy! 

Sick! Have we devolved that much? I didn't see that, but I did see "The Fauch" at the end of last week, trying to coerce blacks into taking it.

 “That vaccine was actually developed in my institute’s Vaccine Research Center by a team of scientists led by Dr. Barney Graham and his close colleague, Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett, or Kizzy Corbett,” Fauci said. “Kizzy is an African-American scientist who is right at the forefront of the development of the vaccine.”

The doctor is so confident that black Americans will respond to this race-based message that he even suggested opening with the line to encourage them to trust the vaccine. “So the first thing you might want to say to my African-American brothers and sisters is that, ‘The vaccine that you’re gonna be taking was developed by an African-American woman.’ And that is just a fact.”

"My A-A bros and sisters." Another fact that the Fauch doesn't know, is that most people of color do not see this white piece of crap, as their brother.

Isn't this the same doc that said we need to be locked down for AIDS, until he found a cure? I'm sure half the country <- believes in this identity politic crap. 

 

If our A-A brothers and sisters don't want it, why push it? As China-Joe would say *before sniffing a girl's hair, "C'mon, Man".*

Fauci Says Black People Should Trust COVID Vaccine Because an African-American Woman Helped Make It (westernjournal.com)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2020 at 8:32 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The guy with 5 weeks left is the one that has made this political the most.  Expect this thread to go poof soon

I disagree. That's the one that has set the ball in motion to save lives here, and in the world.

The guy you promoted with the start of this thread with has tried to block the medicine you wish to take.

NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo Vows To Block COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution, Says It’s Bad That Vaccine Came During Trump Admin
NOVEMBER 9, 2020 By Jordan Davidson
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo publicly rejected the Trump Administration’s efforts to move forward implementing a COVID-19 vaccine, vowing to work with other governors to stop its distribution “before it does damage.”

“The Trump administration is rolling out the vaccination plan and I believe it’s flawed,” Cuomo said. “I believe that it learns nothing from the past.”

“You have two months and we can’t let this vaccination plan go forward the way the Trump administration is designing it because Biden can’t undo it and two months later will be in the midst of it,” Cuomo continued.

Cuomo’s reaction comes shortly after early data from Pfizer, a private drug-making company in conjunction with BioNTech, shows that its COVID-19 vaccine appears to be more than 90 percent effective in preventing the virus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

I disagree. That's the one that has set the ball in motion to save lives here, and in the world.

The guy you promoted with the start of this thread with has tried to block the medicine you wish to take.

NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo Vows To Block COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution, Says It’s Bad That Vaccine Came During Trump Admin
NOVEMBER 9, 2020 By Jordan Davidson
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo publicly rejected the Trump Administration’s efforts to move forward implementing a COVID-19 vaccine, vowing to work with other governors to stop its distribution “before it does damage.”

“The Trump administration is rolling out the vaccination plan and I believe it’s flawed,” Cuomo said. “I believe that it learns nothing from the past.”

“You have two months and we can’t let this vaccination plan go forward the way the Trump administration is designing it because Biden can’t undo it and two months later will be in the midst of it,” Cuomo continued.

Cuomo’s reaction comes shortly after early data from Pfizer, a private drug-making company in conjunction with BioNTech, shows that its COVID-19 vaccine appears to be more than 90 percent effective in preventing the virus.

And I mean respectfully disagree, 77. These new effects on this site will not allow me to edit.

So if any LZ mods get on me for posting the truth, *shrugging shoulders* it's the truth. LOL :)

Rick, I don't wish your thread deleted. You are honest to your thoughts as am I. I like your thread, and don't mean to disrespect it.

I hate that things disappear around here, due to pride or whatever. I don't have any. 😆 so I'm just gonna agree to disagree sometimes.

No disrespect, Man. I only hope Truth, Love, and Good Health to each and every member posting on here. Including mods. :) Merry Christmas

And you Rick. 77. Please MODS don't delete his thread. Good Guy. It's the only friggin' COVID thread we have. LOL😄 We need it.

And thank you, Rick. Thank you for the thread. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

And I mean respectfully disagree, 77. These new effects on this site will not allow me to edit.

So if any LZ mods get on me for posting the truth, *shrugging shoulders* it's the truth. LOL :)

Rick, I don't wish your thread deleted. You are honest to your thoughts as am I. I like your thread, and don't mean to disrespect it.

I hate that things disappear around here, due to pride or whatever. I don't have any. 😆 so I'm just gonna agree to disagree sometimes.

No disrespect, Man. I only hope Truth, Love, and Good Health to each and every member posting on here. Including mods. :) Merry Christmas

And you Rick. 77. Please MODS don't delete his thread. Good Guy. It's the only friggin' COVID thread we have. LOL😄 We need it.

And thank you, Rick. Thank you for the thread. 👍

Well thanks for the kind words.   I figure since its the biggest deal going on in the world its pretty lame to ignore it.  Cuomo is totally for the vaccine.  He had it televised, some nobody getting the first shot from some nobody doctor.  Gee, what excitement. I am so mad at Cuomo now for other reasons though.  I tweet the prick daily and his smokin hot sidekick Melissa DeRosa.  Ha.  Following her on Twitter like some school boy with a crush on a teacher.  Oh yeah, I have a crush.  Melissa DeRosa!  Cuomo likely has one too.  I sure hope this damn vaccine is ok, because I have no choice but to take it. But by the time it gets to me, in either mid to late Feb or March they say, I may know more.?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2020 at 11:21 PM, redrum said:

With the flu and shingles vaccine I've only had some pain at the injection site. Most likely I will get the covid shot(s).

The Scary Effects of Shooting Up Heroin – Seaside Palm Beach Luxury Rehab

I had those shots too and the pneumonia also.  No pain, no side effects.  Hopefully the same when my turn comes with this.  Being diabetic, I am wondering if that might get me closer to the front of the line?  Most likely not as there are so many damn diabetics. I have been so for 3 years.  I cant wait until Jan 1 so I can get off the daily shot  and get the weekly Trulicity again. If they dont find some gliche and jack the price.  Supposedly a $35 top for insulin and right now they wanted me to pay #359 for being in the "donut hole" on the end of Medicare insurance.  Can you believe the terms they come up with?  I mean, COBRA!!!!  Are you fucking serious.?  Good name.  Because it strikes and bites fucking hard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2020 at 5:25 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well thanks for the kind words.   I figure since its the biggest deal going on in the world its pretty lame to ignore it.  Cuomo is totally for the vaccine.  He had it televised, some nobody getting the first shot from some nobody doctor.  Gee, what excitement. I am so mad at Cuomo now for other reasons though.  I tweet the prick daily and his smokin hot sidekick Melissa DeRosa.  Ha.  Following her on Twitter like some school boy with a crush on a teacher.  Oh yeah, I have a crush.  Melissa DeRosa!  Cuomo likely has one too.  I sure hope this damn vaccine is ok, because I have no choice but to take it. But by the time it gets to me, in either mid to late Feb or March they say, I may know more.?

I'm glad you tweet the guy. New Yorkers don't have it so easy. And it was the epicenter of the breakout, early on. 

The first thing that didn't make sense to me about the jerk, was that during the height, brave volunteers came in to help, while New Yorkers were fleeing. One of the first statements he made about that was that he thanked the volunteers. Next he told them they would be taxed for working in the State of New York! Terrible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 11:34 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Bump😁.🎄🦌🦝👍

my thread 🧵 lives!!!

Did you see where the nurse passed out? Some strong adverse reactions. 

It's sad to see that.

I was happy my friend got out of the hospital after 10 days of COVID. Has the pneumonia now. And my brother and family are better after the virus went through his family.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Did you see where the nurse passed out? Some strong adverse reactions. 

It's sad to see that.

I was happy my friend got out of the hospital after 10 days of COVID. Has the pneumonia now. And my brother and family are better after the virus went through his family.

Well good luck to all of you.  I have this friend in San Jose that is texting like 5 people at once on his friend who I know but have not seen in about 25 years.  He is in tough shape at Strong in Rochester NY.  On and off ventilator.  Its pretty serious but I think he might make it from what i am hearing. Its very strange how some are effected big time and others not so much.  My daughter is a nurse there, at Strong, and had it for a week.  Only lost taste and smell.  Got through it fast.  Her boyfriend was terrified.  She is coming Xmas Eve which is always a very big deal at my house.  Ill be drunk on red wine by 9 pm guarenteed.   Two bottles from Paris I have on my rack. Ill drink the cheaper one first.  Vintage 2013.  Save the good one. So this damn virus is very unpredictable.  Cant wait until we are all vaccinated

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you see where they didn’t actually inject the person - it was behind their arm, not in it! 🙄
 

Control through chaos.
 

I’ll take it as soon as the estimated 139,000,000 get it before me. I’m essential when needed, but not when it comes to a vaccine....kraken is the preventative. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2020 at 8:16 PM, Walter said:

Did you see where they didn’t actually inject the person - it was behind their arm, not in it! 🙄
 

Control through chaos.
 

I’ll take it as soon as the estimated 139,000,000 get it before me. I’m essential when needed, but not when it comes to a vaccine....kraken is the preventative. 

Rahm Emanuel "Never Let A Good Crisis Go To Waste" - YouTube  Control through chaos.

I didn't see that alleged injection, but I wouldn't doubt you. Not in 2020. Hind-sight is a bitch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...