The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

5 hours ago, Plant77 said:

I wasn’t aware that a woman from the view had any power beyond some house wives, and to be fair in this new cancel culture house husbands? Who the hell is Joy Behar other than some woman on some dumb talk show. And look, you win. You are correct, when the other side had control of all the branches of government the US was in a much better place for those who have those leanings and feelings towards the other side. That is my exact point. And Qanon and the other site mentioned are actively quoted and believed by several of our elected officials. Actually more than I would think was possible a few years ago. 

As I said earlier, getting the vaccine or not getting it. I believe it should be a personal decision. As far as lived being destroyed by this 98.9% survival rate flu, you are correct, the roughly 1 million Americans who have died and several million people on the planet who have passed away from it have had their lives destroyed and their families. By not getting the vaccine which is what you were referring to in that comment. I wasn’t aware of your life being destroyed because people were deciding to not get it. Having said that, I can see how certain companies, different sectors of the work force and etc. would be able to destroy someone’s life if they did not choose to get the vaccine. You are correct. 

As far as the vaccine being brought to market in record time I thought that was because of all the hard work the former administration did to make that happen. Hell,  he was vaccinated. And calling one party out for lies borders on ridiculous for me. I don’t know that we ever watched, saw, or were force fed as many lies as the previous administration did. They all lie. We keep voting them in based on the team mentality. Because someone doesn’t like the red or blue team. 

It would seem that the two party system is broke. There was a time when honorable people were in politics. And there are still a lot of them who are. But the popularity contest system doesn’t seem to be working anymore. Especially when the person who actually wins the popularity contest doesn’t actually get to be the winner. As for the 74 million Americans who voted for the previous administration that was a lot. There just happened to be 80 plus million who voted against him. 

Remember the impact a little TV host had on the beef industry?

Winfrey’s Texas beef began in April 1996, when her talk show aired an episode on food safety. A segment included discussion of bovine spongiform encephalopathy, commonly known as mad cow disease, which had recently killed cattle in England. Howard Lyman, a vegetarian and animal rights activist, predicted on the show that the disease would eventually plague the U.S. beef industry. Winfrey declared that the discussion “has just stopped me cold from eating another burger. I'm stopped."

The segment, which also included a clip from a beef industry expert, was widely viewed as having contributed to a drop in cattle prices. Members of the cattle industry were furious, as was one of their biggest cheerleaders, U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry, who was then the Texas agriculture commissioner.

Within days, Perry wrote a letter to Texas Attorney General Dan Morales, urging the state to take legal action against Lyman under a Texas law that was less than a year old. Throughout the early 1990s, about a dozen states adopted “veggie libel” laws that made a person liable for making false statements about the safety of food. The Texas Legislature passed such a law in 1995.

"The economic livelihood of our beef producers is at stake, and I trust agriculture can count on the attorney general's office to enforce the laws of the state of Texas," Perry said at the time.

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You just love to push the political envelope don't you Steve?  LOL.  Leave my boy sleepy Joe alone

I do love to use one's own logic against them, whomever they are. Just reminiscing on how a year ago President Trump was directly responsible for every single COVID death and CNN ran an around the clock death tracker. What a difference a year makes. Nearly TWICE as many deaths under President Xiden despite the rollout of numerous vaccines and not a word. Nope, all we ever hear about now is some bullshit about CASES every time a variant comes along and to go get more poison pumped into our veins because of it.

slouchy.jpg

Edited by SteveAJones

Michigan adds 15,385 cases, 351 deaths from COVID-19 over two days (detroitnews.com)

Based on recent data from most Michigan health systems, Michigan's Health and Hospital Association found that three out of four COVID patients are unvaccinated (76%), 87% of COVID ICU patients are unvaccinated and 88% of COVID ventilator patients are unvaccinated.

Only 1 in 43 known Omicron cases in the US has been hospitalized, CDC says. Almost all the rest had mild symptoms like coughing and fatigue.

Marianne Guenot
Thu, December 9, 2021, 4:06 AM

A man whinges while swabbing his nose for a covid test in New York City, USA on December 7, 2021, while a woman also swabbing her nose looks at him,

People take a COVID-19 tests at pop-up testing site in New York City on December 7, 2021.Reuters/Brendan McDermid
  • Of 43 cases detected in the US, only one has led to hospitalization, the CDC said Wednesday.

• The rest of the cases were mild, reporting mostly cough, congestion, and fatigue, it said.

• Most were vaccinated. It remains an open question if Omicron causes more or less serious disease.

Of the 43 known cases of Omicron in the US, so far only one has been hospitalized, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said on Wednesday.

Nearly all of the other 42 cases featured mild symptoms, the most common being coughing, congestion (stuffy noses), and fatigue, according to CDC director Rochelle Walensky, who gave an interview to the Associated Press.

The data is very early and provides only the first glimpse of the Omicron situation in the US, CDC officials said.

Most of the cases were in vaccinated people and in young adults, which could explain why they were so mild, CDC officials said.

Here's what we know so far, according to the AP interview and CDC data:

• No deaths and one hospitalization have been reported in Omicron-positive people.

• Cases were mostly among young adults.

• Over three-quarters of those who had caught Omicron were vaccinated, and a third had received a booster.

• Some caught Omicron within two weeks after their booster shoot, during which the protection is partial.

• About a third of cases could be linked back to international travel.

• Cases were spotted in 21 states so far, per CDC data.

• The earliest symptoms after catching Omicron in the US were reported on November 15.

• Omicron makes up only 1% of samples sequenced in the US so far, with Delta making up the other 99%.

More data is emerging but it's still too soon to know how bad Omicron is

Thu, December 9, 2021, 4:28 AM

VIENNA (Reuters) - Austria's conservative-led government on Thursday gave details of its plan to make coronavirus vaccines compulsory, saying it will apply to people 14 and over and holdouts face fines of up to 3,600 euros ($4,071) every three months.

Roughly 68% of Austria's population is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, one of the lowest rates in western Europe. Many Austrians are sceptical about vaccines, a view encouraged by the far-right Freedom Party, the third biggest in parliament.

As infections set records three weeks ago, the government announced a fourth national lockdown and said it would make vaccinations compulsory for all, the first European Union country to do so.

"We do not want to punish people who are not vaccinated. We want to win them over and convince them to get vaccinated," the minister for constitutional affairs, Karoline Edtstadler, told a news conference with Health Minister Wolfgang Mueckstein.

The vaccine mandate, which must be approved by parliament, is due to start in February and last through January 2024. Two opposition parties support it, suggesting it will pass easily.

There will be quarterly vaccination deadlines, Mueckstein said, adding that the authorities will check a central vaccination register to see if members of the public are in it.

"If that is not the case, proceedings will be brought. In regular proceedings the amount of the fine is 3,600 euros," Mueckstein said, adding that fines would be means-tested.

"As an alternative, the authorities have the option to impose a fine in shorter proceedings immediately after the vaccination deadline. Here the amount of the fine is 600 euros," he said, adding that if this was not paid it would lead to regular proceedings.

There will be exemptions for pregnant women and people who cannot get vaccinated for medical reasons, he added.

($1 = 0.8844 euros)

BTW, it's deeply intellectually dishonest to dismiss VAERS as "self-reporting" (as Reuters and other MSM sources do), since it is co-managed by the CDC and FDA, and has been used in the past to halt vaccine roll-outs with just a fraction of the complications that COVID-19 shots have had.  Again, the corruption of the medical establishment is just breath-taking, although not as bad as the blatant apologia on display here.

2 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Go get your fourth booster.  Mix-n-match, in fact!

That post wasn't directed to you.  At least you participate in other aspects of the forum.  

This one is though.  Fixed it for you.

BTW, I think it's deeply intellectually dishonest to dismiss VAERS as "self-reporting" (as Reuters and other MSM sources do), since it is co-managed by the CDC and FDA, and has been used in the past to halt vaccine roll-outs with just a fraction of the complications that COVID-19 shots have had.  Again, I believe the corruption of the medical establishment is just breath-taking, although not as bad as the blatant apologia on display here.

You don't have any training in anything to call your opinions fact.  I get the impression you lean libertarian, but your recent deluge of opinionated posts and cartoons remind me of Trump supporters who seem convinced that hats, t-shirts, boat flags, lawn signs, and rally attendance, somehow reflect voting outcomes.  You only get one vote, and you only get one opinion. 

As for Dr. Fauci, if he was fired tomorrow, the only thing that might change is a new appointee who feels even stronger than he does about the subject, as an overwhelming majority of doctors in his field do.  Of course he's a politician.  It's the nature of the position.  I suggest that instead of googling bat shit crazy websites, you take some time and determine a percentage of the people in Dr. Fauci's field who back him up, as opposed to those qualified who don't.  Feel free to get back with us with your findings.           

1 hour ago, Bong-Man said:

That post wasn't directed to you.  At least you participate in other aspects of the forum.  

This one is though.  Fixed it for you.

You don't have any training in anything to call your opinions fact.  I get the impression you lean libertarian, but your recent deluge of opinionated posts and cartoons remind me of Trump supporters who seem convinced that hats, t-shirts, boat flags, lawn signs, and rally attendance, somehow reflect voting outcomes.  You only get one vote, and you only get one opinion. 

As for Dr. Fauci, if he was fired tomorrow, the only thing that might change is a new appointee who feels even stronger than he does about the subject, as an overwhelming majority of doctors in his field do.  Of course he's a politician.  It's the nature of the position.  I suggest that instead of googling bat shit crazy websites, you take some time and determine a percentage of the people in Dr. Fauci's field who back him up, as opposed to those qualified who don't.  Feel free to get back with us with your findings.           

Too funny, you've got to go with the "orange man bad" bit.  Also the pathetic ass-kissing ("Dr" Fauci (twice!), what, you think he's reading this, you want a Scooby treat or something?).

52 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Too funny, you've got to go with the "orange man bad" bit.  Also the pathetic ass-kissing ("Dr" Fauci (twice!), what, you think he's reading this, you want a Scooby treat or something?).

Bong-Man did not mention "orange man bad" once. Are you a doctor? No. Do you work in government or the medical field? No. All you do is suck the teat of zerohedge.com. You don't know any better than the rest of us.