The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

On 1/23/2021 at 6:12 AM, Walter said:

Yup. I’ve read many have experienced the same symptoms. Meanwhile my buddies 92 year old dad, nothing. His 86 and 76 year old in laws, nothing. My 81 and 77 year old in laws, nothing. Crazy how the reactions are so radically different. 
I hope Mrs CP feels better soon! 

Neighbor lady up the street is 92 and only had mild symptoms. Her caregiver is 35 and is still in ICU after 2 weeks.

Guy I used to work with is 58 and has diminished lung capacity now, he can't hardly walk 50 feet without feeling faint. And no, he isn't obese, diabetic, a smoker, or any other conditions.

Another friend I have is a cop, he had it, his wife, and didn't even know it until after his mother got it and died in the hospital and then he was tested.

My the numbers this isn't all that much worse than years with a lot of influenza infections. But the difference is that when people get the flu, they start feeling sick pretty fast, stay home, and then don't infect as many people. However with this thing people can have with no signs, and then infect people for weeks without themselves feeling sick, and that is the part which concerns me the most.

I got the COVID right after Thanksgiving. This was 100% my fault as we had our son, his GF, our daughter and my mom over. My son & GF appeared to have had it and did not develop symptoms until the day after they left. I became symptomatic a week later and I can say it sucked. My symptoms were not really flu like as I always get a sore throat, followed by body ache and fatigue plus a general overall crappiness with the flu. This shit I started with a horrendous headache at the back of my head which slowly migrated forward over the course of three days. This was followed by fatigue I have never experienced before, severe joint pain in my knees and ankles, and neuropathy in my left foot. The whole thing lasted about 3 days (when I get the flu its 1 to 2 days max) and then poof, gone. Unfortunately exactly a week after the symptoms had gone away the whole thing came back with round 2 right before Christmas. After that 3 days of hell I have been fine, recovered with no lingering affects, or at least none which I am aware of. Just an FYI, I am a 52 year old guy in excellent health otherwise, work out every day and eat right (no land animal meat or dairy) so I was rather surprised. Then again my son and his GF are in the same boat but younger (son is 25 as is his GF) and were also hit hard but recovered quickly. Interestingly neither my wife, Mom, or daughter got it, or, were asymptomatic and my Mom is 78 and overweight while my daughter has PTOC and is slightly underweight.

This really is a strange virus.

17 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

I got the COVID right after Thanksgiving. This was 100% my fault as we had our son, his GF, our daughter and my mom over. My son & GF appeared to have had it and did not develop symptoms until the day after they left. I became symptomatic a week later and I can say it sucked. My symptoms were not really flu like as I always get a sore throat, followed by body ache and fatigue plus a general overall crappiness with the flu. This shit I started with a horrendous headache at the back of my head which slowly migrated forward over the course of three days. This was followed by fatigue I have never experienced before, severe joint pain in my knees and ankles, and neuropathy in my left foot. The whole thing lasted about 3 days (when I get the flu its 1 to 2 days max) and then poof, gone. Unfortunately exactly a week after the symptoms had gone away the whole thing came back with round 2 right before Christmas. After that 3 days of hell I have been fine, recovered with no lingering affects, or at least none which I am aware of. Just an FYI, I am a 52 year old guy in excellent health otherwise, work out every day and eat right (no land animal meat or dairy) so I was rather surprised. Then again my son and his GF are in the same boat but younger (son is 25 as is his GF) and were also hit hard but recovered quickly. Interestingly neither my wife, Mom, or daughter got it, or, were asymptomatic and my Mom is 78 and overweight while my daughter has PTOC and is slightly underweight.

Thanks for sharing.  And this is why I don't want to get this. Because when I get the flu I suffer for weeks, so this I know would be worse.

In late fall of 2019 I had flu symptoms which went away after a couple days with only a lingering cough. But the cough got worse and worse as usually happens with my lungs until after one night of sever coughing I tore something in my abdomen and it swelled up from internal bleeding. Ended up going to the ER just to be safe and have xrays taken. 

This was only a couple months before covid hit...so I wonder.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 10:39 AM, BobDobbs said:

I am glad you pulled through. There is someone in early 50s that a friend told me has 2 days to live.  I am 63 now.  Not gray or bald so do not look it but feel it most of the time. I have type 2 diabetes. So that is a worry.  If you are over 65 the shot is coming fast to many.  I do not fall into that group.  So my daughter who is a nurse at the largest hospital in Rochester NY had it and the only symptoms she had was loss of taste and smell.  Its a strange monster.  But she is in early 30s.  If I get it, I might be a dead man?  Who knows.  I am getting the vaccine you can bet on that. I think its just stupidity for those who do not want to get it.  Especially if you are over 50 and also if you  have diabetes.  Ill get it and hope this "variant strain" is not a huge problem.  Wishful thinking I know

On 1/20/2021 at 4:57 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Mrs CP had hers on Sunday. Sore arm for 3 days but she seems OK. Still got 1 head and no inclination to eat only Bananas. Me? A long time comin'

Mrs JTM and son Dave had their first vaccine shots, Pfizer for her and OAZ for Dave. I'm not going to worry about when I will be getting mine.

As for Bananas, I could live off them as long as they are ripe, hopefully I won't have too.

Edited by JTM

2.1 million vaccinated here in the U.S. yesterday...most ever in a day, so far.
NFL stadiums are now going to be used to increase the capacity to immunize and consistent flow of known numbers of vaccines are able to be used to prepare for crowd sizes. We’re getting there...finally. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got dose number one yesterday!  Now the whole family has the vaccine.  No reactions...

Two friends had Covid bad!  One (40 years old) spent four days in the hospital with a pulmonary embolism, she's on blood thinners and can only work for an hour a day.  The other guy (60 years old) has been down for six weeks, says he still can't breathe.  He's working about two hrs. a day. 

6 hours ago, chef free said:

Got dose number one yesterday!  Now the whole family has the vaccine.  No reactions...

Two friends had Covid bad!  One (40 years old) spent four days in the hospital with a pulmonary embolism, she's on blood thinners and can only work for an hour a day.  The other guy (60 years old) has been down for six weeks, says he still can't breathe.  He's working about two hrs. a day. 

Poor guy can't breathe but still manages two hours of work a day? F me! That man has sand, serious sand. And the Lass, none the less. My god man they make them hearty in your shire. Sounds like they are thankfully on the road to recovery. Godspeed.

Well pardon me if i have already mentioned this but I have my vaccine scheduled for March 28th.  Actually like hitting the lottery getting an appointment. Mine is at the Dome arena, in a suburb of Rochester NY.   I have seen many many concerts there in the 70s including my first ever, Jeff Beck in 72.  5 Years before I would see Led Zeppelin.  I saw America, Aerosmith, Rush, Blue Oyster Cult, and other bands at this arena.  It seemed big then but now it does not compared to other venues including the Blue Cross arena in downtown Rochester.  So anyway, I am assuming that I will get the Phizer vaccine?  But now Johnson and Johnson has got a very speedy ok from the FDA and even with a lower percentage, its only one shot.  The second shot of Mederna is the one that people are getting sick on from what I have been told including a pharmacist. I have no choice being a type 2.  Have to shoot myself daily because greedy companies like Trulicity want blood for their product.  I am not going to give them a $500 deductible.    So Ill report back after each shot. Its incredible how differently people respond to this damn Covid.  As I mentioned, my youngest daughter is petite, 34, and being a nurse on the front line, she got it.   Positive test.  Only thing that she said happened was loss of taste and smell.  But then my hockey team has this big Finn named Rasmus Ristolainen who just returned to action.  He had it, caught it from another team, and said he could barely walk up his stairs and each day was hit with another symptom.  This guy is like 6'4'' and 240 lbs!!!!  My daughter is a very small woman, not sure if she is even 125? So its pretty strange.  And now we have a vaccine getting people sick.  But its only for one day.  My daughter said it caused her to vomit.  Once. But they say its good,  proof your immune system is working.  Oh boy.  Cant wait.  So some things are opening here.  Lots of pressure on Cuomo to say the least.

1 hour ago, redrum said:

March 22nd for my 2nd shot. Be glad to get it over with. 

Lucky you.  Please tell us if you get sick on the 2nd shot?  I go on the site this morning, and try to get my wife signed up AGAIN.  Assuming once again it will be booked solid, there are openings!!!!  So I get her booked for March 10.  My damn appointment it March 28!!!  How is that fair?  So I called the hot line and they rescheduled me.   She has 645 and I got 730.  She still gets hers first but only by 45 minutes.  Ill take it. Not sure which one I will get but from what i hear likely Phizer. If I were younger I would get the Johnson and Johnson one in a NY minute. Only 1 shot. And if you are not diabetic or anything like that you are fine

According to my health care worker friends it is the Moderna vaccine which has the most harsh side affects and it occurs on the second dose. The other vaccines only reported mild side affects but that Moderna one gives you a 24 hour case of COVID lite and then you are good to go.

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

According to my health care worker friends it is the Moderna vaccine which has the most harsh side affects and it occurs on the second dose. The other vaccines only reported mild side affects but that Moderna one gives you a 24 hour case of COVID lite and then you are good to go.

It's 1/3 for "Moderna second dose reaction" at my house so far.  We'll find out about me in 3 weeks!

You guys are pretty courageous taking something they came up with so quick, when it takes years for them to come up with vaccines for other diseases.

Best of luck to you all who are taking it, I truly hope it works.

I’m not taking it I don’t trust it, it takes an average of ten to fifteen years to come up with a vaccine with multiple phases before the FDA approves it, they have to test men, women, pediatrics, geriatrics. pregnant animals, I work in the field I know how works, they do placebo with the trials, yet all of a sudden they come up with a vaccine within a year or less, and people are flocking to get inoculated.

I have first dibs at getting the vaccine if I want it because of the field I work in, but I’m still not getting it.

And no I’m not an anti vaxxer , I’ve had all my vaccines.

Had it last week. AstraZeneca version. Straight in the left shoulder like a flu jab. Zero side effects afterwards.
I'm not worried about the vaccine or the prospect of it turning me into a Bill Gates social credit drone.
Whereas I would be worried if I caught covid:
I know someone who played a last gig on the eve of lockdown last year, contracted covid at it, spent weeks on a ventilator in an induced coma in the Critical Care Unit at Sheffield's Northern General Hospital, was in the CCU for six months in total, was so fucked he had two strokes while he was in there, can now barely walk, hasn't fully regained his speech and will never work, let alone play his damn bass, again. Long covid means he's screwed for the rest of his life - and he's only 52. Sod that shizzle.

I have never been a fan of getting flu shot.  This year was the first year I ever got it.  I had no side effects.  I also got the pneumonia, shingles and next week Covid.  All the same year. If I turn green and super strong you will know why.

Dr Oz, no matter what you think of him, and I am no real fan, has a special on YouTube about the comparisons between the 3 vaccines and which is right for you.  I am watching it as I type this.  Its new.  

So his expert from the FDA is on.  Likes Johnson and Johnson for the fact its one shot, and 100% effective against deadly result of Covid.  Now Phizer 95%, Moderna 94%, J and J is 67 %.  But nobody has been hospitalized or died after the vaccine.  Being diabetic I am hoping they have Phizer when I get there.  6 days from now.   I have heard both  of the first two have gotten many ill for one day on 2nd shot. But its only 1 day.  And I have been told its proof your immunity system is working.  

They showed a picture of lungs, one with mild Covid and other with severe. Huge difference.  

J&J vaccine has a 3 month refrigerator life.  The first two, the big two have to be big time frozen and very short life if unfrozen.  They have had to throw a ton away due to stupid handling. 

If I was not diabetic, I would get the J and J in a NY minute.  But I AM diabetic.  So I think the Phizer might be my best bet.

Now if you know you have been infected already, one dose might be fine of the Phizer and Moderna.  Because you have the antibodies. Says the FDA guy.

J&J has half the tiredness, muscle pain and headaches than the Moderna. So if I was young, and no diabetes, I would lean J&J

Bottom line is they all work.  He says get whatever one you can. Some states are giving you the choice I guess.  He says its a winter born virus and will come back next winter.  What worries him is those that are complacent or WONT GET THE VACCINE.    I say they are being stupid. Especially if they are diabetic

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Just bagged an appointment for my first shot tomorrow (Moderna).

Had to pull some strings since here in wonderful commiefornia, they are putting drug addicts, prisoners and felons, and lots of others before regular folk.   California is a beautiful but stupid place.   They are playing politics a plenty with what should just be come and get your shot.

13 hours ago, kipper said:

Just bagged an appointment for my first shot tomorrow (Moderna).

Had to pull some strings since here in wonderful commiefornia, they are putting drug addicts, prisoners and felons, and lots of others before regular folk.   California is a beautiful but stupid place.   They are playing politics a plenty with what should just be come and get your shot.

Yep, on the one hand you have Cali with so much prohibitive and complex regulation you cannot even take a shit without a permit. On the other you have little to no regulation in Texas which results in something so obviously preventable instead collapsing the whole power and water grid.

Neither scenario is good, both are bad. You have to find that sweet spot where you have common sense regulations that help, not hinder. The Buddhist call this framework the middle way. 

Humans, we are a funny lot, either all or nothing. 

Edited by BobDobbs

5 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Yep, on the one hand you have Cali with so much prohibitive and complex regulation you cannot even take a shit without a permit. On the other you have little to no regulation in Texas which results in something so obviously preventable instead collapsing the whole power and water grid.

Neither scenario is good, both are bad. You have to find that sweet spot where you have common sense regulations that help, not hinder. The Buddhist call this framework the middle way. 

Humans, we are a funny lot, either all or nothing. 

California has better weather than Texas, and our energy infrastructure isn't so hot either.

My first shot went well today. In and out. Small line of only people with appointments.  A friend tried to book an appointment today and every thing is filled up for weeks, and then after that they are pushing the Johnson & Johnson shot, which only takes one shot but I hear isn't as effective.

I got the Moderna version.

Got an invitation for a my vaccine shots the nearest centre I could book an appointment was about 45 mins away, my wife had her shot just over 10 mins away, my son a different centre less than ten mins away. I'm in no hurry, I'll wait until I can get one closer to home,. fuck travelling, I hate driving to anything that's more than half an hour away.