The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

On 7/14/2022 at 5:05 PM, slave to zep said:

I was able to get a medical exemption. 

Your immune system has been enhanced from the vaccine? Ok....

Not necessarily from the vaccine completely but in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise and common sense, something a lot of people on this forum clearly lack. J Osborne a case in point, What a gibberer..

6 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

It's pretty obvious that covid is being used as a permanent tool of social control:

Germany To Re-Impose Mask Mandate In September Despite COVID Wave Already "Losing Momentum" | ZeroHedge

September will be the start of Octoberfest - so although not effective, THAT is the reason they are implementing it at that time.

21 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

It's pretty obvious that covid is being used as a permanent tool of social control:

Germany To Re-Impose Mask Mandate In September Despite COVID Wave Already "Losing Momentum" | ZeroHedge

It sure looks that way now but it cant last forever  No way.  But it will have a lasting effect for years.  There are many that will not stop wearing the masks. And the masks do help with people not catching things like colds and such I would assume?  I guess I feel safer with it on at times. I wear my own designer ones. Not those ugly hospital ones.  Those blue ones they hand out for instance. There has not been much push for the latest booster. When I asked my doctor about it he surprisingly did not push me towards getting it.  Had the attitude that it likely would not matter much as long as I had the initial vaccine and the first one.  I guess I am done.  Unless something comes out that we are in big trouble again if we don't get another shot. Not being a medical expert I am at the mercy of the system like most of us.   So much bullshit this has caused.  I think some good has actually come of it though.  Like the NY subways getting cleaned up. The waterways being cleaner. This is their chance.  Those Indians over their should put up a few more water treatment plants as I heard they were going to and clean up the Ganges. Hell,  they could get the Hudson back to being fishable. These are things that can be done and should be done. .To make the best of a nightmare.  Poor fucking Cuomo tried to fight this thing. But he couldn't keep his attention off those women? Or was it just a witch hunt?  Thats my opinion.  Trump is getting his though.  Oh, damn, sorry.  Ill behave.

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

It sure looks that way now but it cant last forever  No way.  But it will have a lasting effect for years.  There are many that will not stop wearing the masks. And the masks do help with people not catching things like colds and such I would assume?  I guess I feel safer with it on at times. I wear my own designer ones. Not those ugly hospital ones.  Those blue ones they hand out for instance. There has not been much push for the latest booster. When I asked my doctor about it he surprisingly did not push me towards getting it.  Had the attitude that it likely would not matter much as long as I had the initial vaccine and the first one.  I guess I am done.  Unless something comes out that we are in big trouble again if we don't get another shot. Not being a medical expert I am at the mercy of the system like most of us.   So much bullshit this has caused.  I think some good has actually come of it though.  Like the NY subways getting cleaned up. The waterways being cleaner. This is their chance.  Those Indians over their should put up a few more water treatment plants as I heard they were going to and clean up the Ganges. Hell,  they could get the Hudson back to being fishable. These are things that can be done and should be done. .To make the best of a nightmare.  Poor fucking Cuomo tried to fight this thing. But he couldn't keep his attention off those women? Or was it just a witch hunt?  Thats my opinion.  Trump is getting his though.  Oh, damn, sorry.  Ill behave.

As has been stressed before (Steve, etc.), there are certain demographics who are at greatest risk from covid and public policy should focus on them.  For such groups it's possible I suppose that masks offer some protection (although I doubt much).  The issue here is the mass imposition of such measures across the entirety of society, particularly at the recommendation of parties - namely "public health" officials, "scientists", etc. - who have proven themselves to be whores at best.  Compare the response to covid with the non-response to monkey-pox and you can see how much credibility the medical establishment has.

16 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

As has been stressed before (Steve, etc.), there are certain demographics who are at greatest risk from covid and public policy should focus on them.  For such groups it's possible I suppose that masks offer some protection (although I doubt much).  The issue here is the mass imposition of such measures across the entirety of society, particularly at the recommendation of parties - namely "public health" officials, "scientists", etc. - who have proven themselves to be whores at best.  Compare the response to covid with the non-response to monkey-pox and you can see how much credibility the medical establishment has.

I’m actually surprised to see this response from you. I truly believe that you are educated, and well read on a number of topics. Perhaps read this article, I think everyone should. As strongly as you feel about a number of things in this country, your disillusionment of this country and its policy makers/leaders particularly on one side has made me research many points and opinions you have shared. I too am worried about this country, where we are headed. I am terribly concerned with one parties autocratic view point and position, and advances that they have made. Seeing your diplomatic response to Led77 as silly as it may seem gives me hope that we can have different thoughts and opinions and still try and understand each other. When I say I’m surprised, I mean that in a complimentary way. I have always viewed your responses and opinions on Covid specifically in a condescending way. You don’t have to agree with the article below, I however as a near 50 year old man feel I’ve been watching this slow roll by a political party for a while. I feel that it is speeding up. 

Have a great night. 

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/04/16/history-shows-trump-personality-cult-end-00024941

23 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Since we landed on the moon in 1969 its been all down hill.  I cant believe the nonsense out there questioning that whether that was actually real.  Such crap in this modern society.  People have not become smarter.  The schools have even gone down hill. And Covid cant be blamed for all of it. And todays youth?  What  a joke. They have no real idols or hero's that compare to the ones we had in Led Zeppelin and such.  I believe that groups like Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd and the Who kept many from becoming depressed.  That is how damn great they were.  They have pretenders and wanna be's that cant play shit on guitar or piano now days , and like music, medicine is hit and miss.  Have you seen how many adds are on TV for meds?  Its mind boggling. So what the fuck do i chose?  My doctor has me on Trulicity and I am waiting for Fed Ex as I type to bring me my double whack.  He doubled the dose as I just recently was told to take the insulin in afternoon.  Gee, wish I knew that 4 months ago.  Lucky they have not killed me. I have lost weight on this drug.  A good thing i guess. I have never really been over weight but losing 10-15 isn't bad.  So back on topic, so many decisions on meds. How does one know?  Its a gamble. Medicine has become no different than playing the lottery.

I was working overseas for 4 years and when I came back to the States, I also noticed a LOT more drug commercials (and class action suits commercials too).  I wish I could recall the name of the medication they were trying to sell, but one commercial listed the side effects of the drug they were hawking and I swear the list was so long, I thought the side effects were worse than having the disease itself!