Led Zeppelin Vinyl: The Essential Collection book

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

lzv1.jpg

All pre-orders placed before April 17, 2021 will be signed by Ross Halfin

“Collecting vinyl is an addiction. Nothing beats listening to vinyl and pouring over the cover art and inner sleeve. The first album that I ever bought was Led Zeppelin II when I was 13. I have at least 40 different versions of it now.” - Ross Halfin

Led Zeppelin released only eight studio albums and no singles over the course of their 12-year career, but to date there are more than 1,000 singles and 2,000 LPs in the market. 

This definitive volume illustrates in full colour some of the rarest and most interesting vinyl releases, including one-of-a-kind rarities, bizarre regional variations, official albums and historic recordings of legendary concerts, sometimes featuring handmade artwork or colored vinyl. All the vinyl, labels and covers have been documented by photographer Ross Halfin in superb detail and are annotated with details of their release. A labour of love, Led Zeppelin Vinyl is a must-have for fans of the group as well as for any vinyl enthusiast.

Ross Halfin is one of the best-known photographers in the world and has been working in the music industry since 1976. He has a record collection almost as extensive as his photo archive.

300+ illustrations
180pp; Hardback; 300 x 300 mm / 12 x 12 in.
ISBN: 978-1-909526-80-8

https://www.reelartpress.com/catalog/edition/169/led-zeppelin-vinyl

PRE-ORDER NOW
RELEASED 17 APRIL 2021

lz4.png

lzv2.png

It's interesting to me that this is a semi-official celebration of Led Zeppelin bootlegs. It's not an official book, but it's written by a close friend of Jimmy Page and published by the company which released Led Zeppelin's 50th anniversary book.

On 12/8/2020 at 8:15 AM, SteveAJones said:

I was hoping it was written by sam_webmaster! 

I'll undoubtedly give Ross's book a read, but Robert Godwin's bootleg vinyl books and Samuel Ketenjian's 'The Singles (Worldwide Guide to Led Zeppelin 45's) cover much of this topic. 

My first thought, as well.

• 6 months later...

I think the lesson here is : never lend your vinyl to Ross Halfin, because he likes pouring stuff over it.

Or did he mean 'poring'? 

Does nobody use spellcheck nowadays? 

I know it's a petty thing, but if you're going to charge huge amounts of money for a book, at the very least get someone to proofread it for you. 

20 hours ago, woz70 said:

I think the lesson here is : never lend your vinyl to Ross Halfin, because he likes pouring stuff over it.

Or did he mean 'poring'? 

Does nobody use spellcheck nowadays? 

I know it's a petty thing, but if you're going to charge huge amounts of money for a book, at the very least get someone to proofread it for you. 

😀

On 12/9/2020 at 1:03 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Almost the same as me but it was Led Zeppelin 1. I was also 13 at the time. I still have the LP

PG for me,  saw a 8 track once and was really tempted.....!

• 3 months later...

RH putting his signature on bootleg LPs and selling them for thousands of dollars with the label name of those who Peter Grant would have liked to choke 40+ years ago and had to hide everything they did for fear of prosecution is absolute crap.  

20 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

RH putting his signature on bootleg LPs and selling them for thousands of dollars with the label name of those who Peter Grant would have liked to choke 40+ years ago and had to hide everything they did for fear of prosecution is absolute crap.  

Agreed - this felt like a poor taste move to me and I'm surprised there isn't more frustration over it.