FREE Online Course: Civil Rights in American History

Hillsdale College is currently offering a limited number of free online courses. The newest is Civil Rights in American History.  A certificate of course completion is provided.

For those with advanced degrees from other universities, these courses refresh existing knowledge. For working professionals and job seekers, these courses can serve as

recent academic achievements within the education portion of a resume. Thank you for your interest. 

Tomorrow, Hillsdale College is releasing its newest online course, “Civil Rights in American History.”

In nine lectures, this course examines the Founders’ understanding of natural and civil rights, examines America’s trials and triumphs in their pursuit, and analyzes the threats to our rights today.

You can watch the course trailer and reserve your spot in the course by clicking on the secure link below.

https://online.hillsdale.edu/landing/civil-rights-in-american-history

I hope you join us in this study of the true meaning and history of civil rights in America.

Best regards,

Kyle Murnen, ’09

Director of Online Learning
Hillsdale College

Hillsdale College.jpg

On 12/10/2020 at 3:28 AM, SteveAJones said:

I hope you join us in this study of the true meaning and history of civil rights in America.

The first 52 seconds of this trailer explain how Hillsdale and you,SteveAJones would try to rewrite your history with Lucas Morel speaking for Martin Luther King? Civil Rights in American History | Hillsdale College Online Courses "The true meaning and history of civil rights in America???" 

And with guests like this it reaffirms what utter crap you'd like the young (and older naive who aren't happy with history) to be taught. 

7 hours ago, Ross62 said:

The first 52 seconds of this trailer explain how Hillsdale and you,SteveAJones would try to rewrite your history with Lucas Morel speaking for Martin Luther King? Civil Rights in American History | Hillsdale College Online Courses "The true meaning and history of civil rights in America???" 

And with guests like this it reaffirms what utter crap you'd like the young (and older naive who aren't happy with history) to be taught. 

Just as you don't speak for me, Morel doesn't speak for King. In fact, King's own words are prominently featured in the course, and you don't have to like all of the guests to learn something from them. My challenge to you is this -- enroll in and take the course. In so doing any critique on course content you may offer afterward, positive or negative, will hold some weight. 

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Just as you don't speak for me, Morel doesn't speak for King. In fact, King's own words are prominently featured in the course, and you don't have to like all of the guests to learn something from them. My challenge to you is this -- enroll in and take the course. In so doing any critique on course content you may offer afterward, positive or negative, will hold some weight. 

You post like your boss,the one who lost.Your challenge is time wasting,egotistical and when unaccepted,made to look like the challenger is the loser.

Your apparent 6 figure salary may be the time to tell folk again about....and the fact that that you slap women.

56 minutes ago, Ross62 said:

You post like your boss, the one who lost.Your challenge is time wasting,egotistical and when unaccepted,made to look like the challenger is the loser.

Your apparent 6 figure salary may be the time to tell folk again about....and the fact that that you slap women.   

Ross62, the nonsense you post are rebuttals that fail to rebut. Clearly you're all hat and no cattle and I'm done with your posts. 

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Um, I think this thread needs to be closed

My challenge to you is this -- enroll in and complete the course. In so doing any critique on this thread or course content that you may offer afterward, positive or negative, will hold some weight. 

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

My challenge to you is this -- enroll in and complete the course. In so doing any critique on this thread or course content that you may offer afterward, positive or negative, will hold some weight. 

That's not the issue. The issue is we are not supposed to be discussing this material on the board. There are other forums out there for politics and government.

I have no issue discussing such subjects in a civil manner but that's the problem, others do not keep it civil and it just descends into a morass of insults. Its a real shame people cannot discuss such topics without becoming irate but it is what it is and this thread is obviously heading in that direction.

Again, it needs to be closed but remember, big baby Chuthulu loves you buddy 😉 

4 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

That's not the issue. The issue is we are not supposed to be discussing this material on the board. There are other forums out there for politics and government.

I have no issue discussing such subjects in a civil manner but that's the problem, others do not keep it civil and it just descends into a morass of insults. Its a real shame people cannot discuss such topics without becoming irate but it is what it is and this thread is obviously heading in that direction.

We can't discuss anything nowadays thanks to people like Ross62 and, to some extent, you.

That said, this wasn't meant to be a discussion thread. A free course is being offered. If one is interested, enroll and enjoy. If not, move on. See how easy that was.

Edited by SteveAJones
On 12/9/2020 at 11:28 AM, SteveAJones said:

Hillsdale College is currently offering a limited number of free online courses. The newest is Civil Rights in American History.  A certificate of course completion is provided.

For those with advanced degrees from other universities, these courses refresh existing knowledge. For working professionals and job seekers, these courses can serve as

recent academic achievements within the education portion of a resume. Thank you for your interest. 

Tomorrow, Hillsdale College is releasing its newest online course, “Civil Rights in American History.”

In nine lectures, this course examines the Founders’ understanding of natural and civil rights, examines America’s trials and triumphs in their pursuit, and analyzes the threats to our rights today.

You can watch the course trailer and reserve your spot in the course by clicking on the secure link below.

https://online.hillsdale.edu/landing/civil-rights-in-american-history

Best regards,

Kyle Murnen, ’09

Director of Online Learning
Hillsdale College

Hillsdale College.jpg

That seems like a nice independent school. Am I right in saying that it doesn't get any help from the government?.. pays it's own taxes, so it does not have to promote a government agenda?

So basically a college that allows and promotes (real)free speech without reproach? A rare thing, with regard to Academia. That school is one of the oldest in America. 👍👍

6 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Translation: I can't spin this topic to my advantage so shut it down.

19 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

That seems like a nice independent school. Am I right in saying that it doesn't get any help from the government?.. pays it's own taxes, so it does not have to promote a government agenda?

So basically a college that allows and promotes (real)free speech without reproach? A rare thing, with regard to Academia. That school is one of the oldest in America. 👍👍

Correct on all points!

"To maintain our independence in every regard, Hillsdale does not accept one penny of state or federal taxpayer funding — even indirectly in the form of student grants and loans."