Are You Gooder At Grammer?

Bonham

I made a 32%.

It would seem that my command of the English language, as well as my writing skills, are remedial at best.

This does little to encourage my self-confidence; nor does it support my secret dream to one day publish my writing for the consumption and enjoyment of the public at large.

I now feel nothing but an especial languishing apathy for all things literary, as the realization of my incompetence deepens sorely into my struggling acceptance.

Alas ... I shall suffer the fact of the matter; and sadly reliquish my dream of being a master of the written word.

Requiem æternam dona mei, Domine.

~666

Your Language Arts Grade: 100%

Way to go! You know not to trust the MS Grammar Check and you know "no" from "know." Now, go forth and spread the good word (or at least, the proper use of apostrophes).

There was one question where there were two answers that were the same!

Untitled-1-3.jpg

Your Language Arts Grade: 98%

Way to go! You know not to trust the MS Grammar Check and you know "no" from "know." Now, go forth and spread the good word (or at least, the proper use of apostrophes).

:bagoverhead: But at least it's not my mother tongue :blush:

100%. I would have been mortified with anything less, as a fully paid-up member of the "pernickety and obsessive" club when it comes to spelling, grammar and punctuation!

I love the English language (and several others too), and seeing it mangled and defiled makes me so sad! (Some might say that makes ME sad, but je m'en fiche, alors!)

I can recommend "Eats Shoots and Leaves" by Lynne Truss for anyone similarly obsessed.

There was one question where there were two answers that were the same!

Untitled-1-3.jpg

I wondered what that was about as well. I had to ponder a moment. Fortunately I chose right :D

Yay

Yay

Of course you got a 100%. Ralph couldn't fail english, it's "unpossible."

Glad I can get 100% on a 3rd grade grammar test. :rolleyes:

Your Language Arts Grade: 27%

Go sit in a chair and stare at things.

:hysterical:

I know why I only got 98%. It was because there was a question with two of the same answer, I must have picked the wrong one.

I think that's what it was. People on the site were chatting about it too. :lol:

Excuses, excuses..... -_-

:P

(Oh damn! The big tongue smilie isn't on here! & I'm too lazy to go to my Photobucket...)

I got a 98% too....hmmmm, maybe I got my age wrong. :huh:

:lol:

I wondered what that was about as well. I had to ponder a moment. Fortunately I chose right :D

I didn't even notice the two answers were the same until after the quiz. :lol:

98% - Not sure what I got wrong. I'm amazed every time someone uses the wrong there, their or they're.

ETA: After reading that there was a question with the same two answers I took it again making sure to choose the first of the two options and got 100% *shrugs* I must be smarter than a fifth grader.

Your Language Arts Grade: 27%

Go sit in a chair and stare at things.

:(

:console:

Maybe you just need a sympathetic tutor. :DB)

Your Language Arts Grade: 100%;

Obviously I'm not a native speaker, and my English is far from being perfect, but I also don't think that this quiz is that difficult. Perhaps I also picked the wrong option out of the two identical answers and that's why I got only 98 %, I wasn't even aware of it when I took the quiz. But I think the questions there are pretty easy even for a non-native speaker. I think tenses are much more complicated than the differences between their and there for example. However I think a lot of people on internet forums (I don't mean this forum in particular) who actually are native speakers either don't seem to know the differences between these things or they are just to lazy to think about which word is the correct one, I don't know.

Archived