what was ur favourite song performed live from zeppelin in TSRTS (The Song Remains The Same)

Gio

The only song I don't like on the album is Rock and Roll because Robert did not warm up his voice before hand. I remember seeing TSRTS for the first time in a movie theatre in 1983 and when Robert croaked out the opening lines to RnR I thought something was wrong with the audio. It sounded nothing like RP. This was before I bought my first boot and was not aware of his vocal problems live from late 72' - 75'.

Its kinda funny to look back and remember most Zeppelin fans had no idea Plant had lost his higher register after 72' and really suffered in 75'. 

Though my favorite tunes from TSRTS are, in order: No Quarter, TSRTS/RS, D&C, CD, SIBLY, STH, WLL, The Ocean.

I think most of them have taken their turn for that spot, back and forth, over the years decades.

On 1/4/2021 at 11:15 AM, BobDobbs said:

The only song I don't like on the album is Rock and Roll because Robert did not warm up his voice before hand. I remember seeing TSRTS for the first time in a movie theatre in 1983 and when Robert croaked out the opening lines to RnR I thought something was wrong with the audio. It sounded nothing like RP. This was before I bought my first boot and was not aware of his vocal problems live from late 72' - 75'.

Its kinda funny to look back and remember most Zeppelin fans had no idea Plant had lost his higher register after 72' and really suffered in 75'. 

Though my favorite tunes from TSRTS are, in order: No Quarter, TSRTS/RS, D&C, CD, SIBLY, STH, WLL, The Ocean.

I'm one of those oddities that actually likes that raspy, hoarse, torn-up James Brown/Billy Gibbons/etc., tone; depending on the song.

I saw, what must've been an audience-shot clip, of RnR from an early '75 show. Seems he was recovering from the flu or somesuch - bless him, it sounded like Lemmy Kilmister had taken the mic. My favourite version.

If we are talking about the original soundtrack album released in 1976: "No Quarter", "Celebration Day", "The Song Remains the Same/Rain Song", "Stairway to Heaven", "Dazed and Confused".

If we are talking about the movie: "Since I've Been Loving You", "Stairway to Heaven", "The Song Remains the Same/Rain Song", "Dazed and Confused", "No Quarter" (the edit knocks it down a few pegs).

• 2 months later...