Post-02 fantasy interview questions

Let's say you're a journalist who actually knows something about the band, not some uppity rock-critic type that doesn't know his Custard Pie from his Carouselambra.

If you had a chance to interview the band after the concert - and I've yet to see any post-concert interviews (What have they been doing since then?) - what would you ask.

Here are some of my questions:

1.) Which songs were considered and barely missed the cut? Did you ever consider anything off "In Through The Out Door" or maybe even "Wearing and Tearing"?

2.) Did at any point did you find yourselves on the brink of writing a new song, through jamming around or otherwise?

3.) How well did you think the concert went? How well did you think you got your point across? How much improvisation occurred?

4.) Have you been surprised by the reaction in its aftermath?

5.) Are you aware of how the concert was experienced by the audience outside the 02, the ones checking the messages boards, YouTube, etc., and how do you feel about all that, particularly considering the band's famous fight against bootleggers in the past?

6.) The songs at 02 seemed to have slow, dark, serious edge to them. Was that your purpose?

7.) What kind of offers have you had for a tour and perhaps even a new album?

8.) So will there be an 02 DVD of some kind?

9.) Tour? New album?

10.) So what's the next step, if there is one?

Let's say you're a journalist who actually knows something about the band, not some uppity rock-critic type that doesn't know his Custard Pie from his Carouselambra.

If you had a chance to interview the band after the concert - and I've yet to see any post-concert interviews (What have they been doing since then?) - what would you ask.

Here are some of my questions:

1.) Which songs were considered and barely missed the cut? Did you ever consider anything off "In Through The Out Door" or maybe even "Wearing and Tearing"?

2.) Did at any point did you find yourselves on the brink of writing a new song, through jamming around or otherwise?

3.) How well did you think the concert went? How well did you think you got your point across? How much improvisation occurred?

4.) Have you been surprised by the reaction in its aftermath?

5.) Are you aware of how the concert was experienced by the audience outside the 02, the ones checking the messages boards, YouTube, etc., and how do you feel about all that, particularly considering the band's famous fight against bootleggers in the past?

6.) The songs at 02 seemed to have slow, dark, serious edge to them. Was that your purpose?

7.) What kind of offers have you had for a tour and perhaps even a new album?

8.) So will there be an 02 DVD of some kind?

9.) Tour? New album?

10.) So what's the next step, if there is one?

Cod.....It still looks like you remain to be "The Man"........with the time you put into those questions...you need a man of high intelligence to give you some feedback on your concerns. Although I'm not a journalist.....I am a 52 yr old businessman that damn sure knows the band.....and was at the 02..... Let's give it a shot.

1.) "In The Evening" would have been first choice but we're already pushing the envelope on the original time for the set.....especially with the encores.

2.) I think Jimmy has openly mentioned the fact there is some new material but how we're gonna come off with it is still in the works.

3.) The concert went fantastic.....we had a "shakey" spot or two but we still are such a well oiled machine that it stayed flowing. The point should have came across like a ton of bricks. Nobody expected Good Times Bad Times for a starter......and it was GENIUS and blew everbody away. Jimmy routinely always has improvisation......you've never heard Dazed & Cunfused or Whole Lotta Love exzctly the same anytime. Most every song had some.

4.)Yes to a degree.....we were seeing the response to the ticket sales but were expecting more critics to come out of the woodwork afterwards.

5.)Well.....there wasn't an issue with small unproffesional cameras....I think it helps to give folks a taste so they'll "have to have" the DVD.

6.) Cod.....I think it's that particular weed you have now that's giving you that edge....Jimmy had maybe a little slower tempo going in spots but would probably attribute to some 2007 sound setup. (I was 30 ft. off the stage straight in front of Jimmy's amps and the total sound distortion was a little different).

7.)Man......we've got offers out the ass!!!!.....name our fucking price!!!

8.)Oh hell yeah.......way too many cameras employed there......6 people(that I could see) up in the lights.....4 guys on the floor.......robot sliding back and forth the front......may have been more.....we got film footage out the yenk yank.

9.)Can't reveal that now.....sorry.

10.) We're weighing out all the possibilities now. Robert's gotta quit running around with Allison...and the rest of us have more going on than just if we want to do this......let's face it....we aint really hurting for the money. We're probably leaning toward a short tour but right now Jimmy's birthday is in 5 days(on the 9th) and we've gotta get past that first.

Cheers Mate!!!!

Cod.....It still looks like you remain to be "The Man"........with the time you put into those questions...you need a man of high intelligence to give you some feedback on your concerns. Although I'm not a journalist.....I am a 52 yr old businessman that damn sure knows the band.....and was at the 02..... Let's give it a shot.

1.) "In The Evening" would have been first choice but we're already pushing the envelope on the original time for the set.....especially with the encores.

2.) I think Jimmy has openly mentioned the fact there is some new material but how we're gonna come off with it is still in the works.

3.) The concert went fantastic.....we had a "shakey" spot or two but we still are such a well oiled machine that it stayed flowing. The point should have came across like a ton of bricks. Nobody expected Good Times Bad Times for a starter......and it was GENIUS and blew everbody away. Jimmy routinely always has improvisation......you've never heard Dazed & Cunfused or Whole Lotta Love exzctly the same anytime. Most every song had some.

4.)Yes to a degree.....we were seeing the response to the ticket sales but were expecting more critics to come out of the woodwork afterwards.

5.)Well.....there wasn't an issue with small unproffesional cameras....I think it helps to give folks a taste so they'll "have to have" the DVD.

6.) Cod.....I think it's that particular weed you have now that's giving you that edge....Jimmy had maybe a little slower tempo going in spots but would probably attribute to some 2007 sound setup. (I was 30 ft. off the stage straight in front of Jimmy's amps and the total sound distortion was a little different).

7.)Man......we've got offers out the ass!!!!.....name our fucking price!!!

8.)Oh hell yeah.......way too many cameras employed there......6 people(that I could see) up in the lights.....4 guys on the floor.......robot sliding back and forth the front......may have been more.....we got film footage out the yenk yank.

9.)Can't reveal that now.....sorry.

10.) We're weighing out all the possibilities now. Robert's gotta quit running around with Allison...and the rest of us have more going on than just if we want to do this......let's face it....we aint really hurting for the money. We're probably leaning toward a short tour but right now Jimmy's birthday is in 5 days(on the 9th) and we've gotta get past that first.

Cheers Mate!!!!

Thanks.

Can I borrow $5?

Yes, at the second rehearsal, we all agreed to get to the brink of writing a new song, and when we got there, we decided to stop.

What a stupid question.

Cod..........old Cactus didn't look at your question with as much depth as me. I saw a BBC interview with Jimmy where he talks about new material......it was a possibility for the 02. We could easily see something come out of the blue at some point. It seems like things are picking up to a degree....in 2003 the HTWWW & DVD......Mothership....New TSRTS.....we'll definately see an 02 DVD...there was a very neat chemistry that has come together......could have been a "one off".......but I doubt it.

Cod..........old Cactus didn't look at your question with as much depth as me. I saw a BBC interview with Jimmy where he talks about new material......it was a possibility for the 02. We could easily see something come out of the blue at some point. It seems like things are picking up to a degree....in 2003 the HTWWW & DVD......Mothership....New TSRTS.....we'll definately see an 02 DVD...there was a very neat chemistry that has come together......could have been a "one off".......but I doubt it.

Having been a longtime musician and currently in a band that eschews cover songs and goes off into the improvisational without getting into Phish or Blues Traveler territory, I know that sometimes just jamming around leads to a new song.

I'd be curious to know how much Zep, during rehearsals, just kind of jammed out on things. Considering how Jimmy writes more riffs before breakfast than just about every other band on the planet does in a career, I'd imagine just playing with the band again flushed out all kinds of new ideas.

He's had decades to stew over not playing with the band, so I can't even imagine the stuff that's been building up in his brain over all that time.

They had a whole lot of time to play together, so I can't imagine that something didn't start brewing on the creative front.

Only time will tell!

Having been a longtime musician and currently in a band that eschews cover songs and goes off into the improvisational without getting into Phish or Blues Traveler territory, I know that sometimes just jamming around leads to a new song.

I'd be curious to know how much Zep, during rehearsals, just kind of jammed out on things. Considering how Jimmy writes more riffs before breakfast than just about every other band on the planet does in a career, I'd imagine just playing with the band again flushed out all kinds of new ideas.

He's had decades to stew over not playing with the band, so I can't even imagine the stuff that's been building up in his brain over all that time.

They had a whole lot of time to play together, so I can't imagine that something didn't start brewing on the creative front.

Only time will tell!

I can strum a little but never been a musician........what I did do a bunch of was being a roadie for folks like yourself......and about 3 years for a neat little group of 4 guys all over the southeast. I know what it is to load/unload a tandom trailer full........be ready for a sound check in about an hour 1/2....mackie board, snake, only about 1500 watts to the mains....500 to the monitors....so on. I listened to allot of what you are talking about.......these kids would come up with something new at any good practice. I was the old fart that made'm do it too. It was a shitload of fun. I've been sound for 2 different fairly large churches....I know what it is to play with the EQ and get rid of feedback and all those subjects. Every room you set up in is different......then gets different again when the folks show up. Sorry to get off on all that but just "bonding" a little more.

What you said earlier....is so true.....the possibilities are endless on what Jimmy....and Jonsey too could be sitting on........Robert has come off with some good stuff....Little By Little....good sounding tune......who the hell knows Cod???????

You must not be a musician or have ever played in a band.

:rolleyes:

I didn't explain myself very well. I was not saying that them coming up with new material was impossible or improbable, in fact the opposite. If they were jamming and were 'on the brink of writing a new song', why would they stop? It's not like they would go "We're on the brink of writing a new song, we better stop, or else." They would write the damn song wouldn't they.

So it's not me who has a lack of knowledge about how music and creativity in general works, but the original poster. A better question would have been something along the lines of, "Was there a feeling amongst the band that new material could have come from rehearsals."

I didn't explain myself very well. I was not saying that them coming up with new material was impossible or improbable, in fact the opposite. If they were jamming and were 'on the brink of writing a new song', why would they stop? It's not like they would go "We're on the brink of writing a new song, we better stop, or else." They would write the damn song wouldn't they.

So it's not me who has a lack of knowledge about how music and creativity in general works, but the original poster. A better question would have been something along the lines of, "Was there a feeling amongst the band that new material could have come from rehearsals."

Yes that would be a good question....and for us to speculate just how that goes with them. I keep them on such a pedestal that's it's hard for me to "speculate" on just normal terms....that they can chill out....have a beer or whatever......pick on something....screw it up....pick on something else....it goes ok.....it not matter how it went....go on to something else.....they keep this....scrap that. They've probably done a bunch of that....I'm hoping they are doing a bunch of that now.....it's alright if there's not anything new and they keep greasing an already well oiled machine....with me.

FANTASY INTERVIEW,EH????????

Good Evening and Welcome to The Juliet Show...(this is my fantasy that I have my own show)

My guests are the members of Led Zeppelin; Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones. Accompanying them is Jason Bonham son of the drummer, John Bonham

I have your album, HOUSES OF THE HOLY. Explain the numerous references to the novel, The Lord of The Rings, throughout the text of some of the songs.

I also have the third album you recorded containing RAMBLE ON among other tunes with very intense imagery...Why did you not name this album?

What is the most important thing you have learned from your reunion gig on Dec 10/07 that you can pass on to new artists..

Would you like to tell our viewers anything else about your current or possible future projects?

This is Juliet saying thank-you and Good Night...but before you go...could you play a couple of tunes for us..not a full length concert or anything...unless you want to ...I certainly won't stop you....roaring applause from the audience....

FANTASY INTERVIEW,EH????????

Good Evening and Welcome to The Juliet Show...(this is my fantasy that I have my own show)

My guests are the members of Led Zeppelin; Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones. Accompanying them is Jason Bonham son of the drummer, John Bonham

I have your album, HOUSES OF THE HOLY. Explain the numerous references to the novel, The Lord of The Rings, throughout the text of some of the songs.

I also have the third album you recorded containing RAMBLE ON among other tunes with very intense imagery...Why did you not name this album?

What is the most important thing you have learned from your reunion gig on Dec 10/07 that you can pass on to new artists..

Would you like to tell our viewers anything else about your current or possible future projects?

This is Juliet saying thank-you and Good Night...but before you go...could you play a couple of tunes for us..not a full length concert or anything...unless you want to ...I certainly won't stop you....roaring applause from the audience....

Juliet......I'm not sure about the LOTR refferences.....as much as I've listend to LZ.....some of their lyrics just blows past while I'm busy listening to Jimmy play....and sorry but Ramble On is on the Second Album....and the Third Album is titled LZ 3.....it's the 4th album that has no title.

Best Regards,

JRich

JRich:

You are absolutely correct..

Thank-you for correcting my error re. the album number..it is album 2 that contains RAMBLE ON..and the other tune with the nature imagery....I'm sure it does not have a title or does it?

In HOH, there are the words "Mordor" and "Gollum"..I believe they come from LOTR...

Juliet

PS Thanks again J....you are a true Zep Fan.... :)

JRich:

Thank-you for correcting my error re. the album number..it is album 2 that contains RAMBLE ON..and the other tune with the nature imagery....I'm sure it does not have a title or does it?

In HOH, there are the words "Mordor" and "Gollum"..I believe they come from LOTR...

Juliet

Hey there, Juliet

Why don't you love me yet?

Don't you know you're the only one

For this Romeo

JRich:

Juliet

Thanks Juliet......yes most definately......I've got the Extended LOTR Trilogy......I love the films....what a work Peter Jackson did.......I know that Gollum was actually Smealgul(spell)....and all that.....and albums 1, 2, & 3 were just that....then 4 was no name......sometimes referred to as the 4 symbols or "Runes".....then Houses(I saw them in 73 just after it came out).......I go past being just a true fan......it's an obsession......but I love it......I was already at a scarey level and then I pulled it off and made it to the 02.....since then.......obsession don't even describe it. I discovered some awsome to me this morn.....I found myself in someone elses photo.....I'll try to attach.

crowd3.jpg

Ooops..I think Gollum and Mordor are in the song RAMBLE ON...

I think I should go back to the drawing board and do more research before I continue my fantasy interview...or just use questions 3 and 4 only...sorry Zep purists...

Juliet

Smeagol

Thanks Cactus......my spelling leaves something to be desired sometime. Now that she mentioned it......those references are in the lyrics....right? I guess I can sing along with a few of them....but it's been strange with me when it comes to some of the lyrics.....and some of the titles of the songs....there's some of their songs I don't ever hear the lyrics relate to the title....and I guess I'm not smart enough to figure out what some of the lyrics are actually saying. I've just always been into the instrumentation.

Ooops..I think Gollum and Mordor are in the song RAMBLE ON...

I think I should go back to the drawing board and do more research before I continue my fantasy interview...or just use questions 3 and 4 only...sorry Zep purists...

Juliet

Hello again:

I did a GOOGLE search on HOTH and found the lyrics to the songs on this album...

I apologize again ..there are no references to LOTR on HOTH...the words Gollum and Mordor from LOTR are in the tune RAMBLE ON....

So if I had to do this fantasy interview again..I would combine question 1 and 2 to go more like this...

On the second album the tune, RAMBLE ON, has references to the novel, LOTR. Expalin why you chose images and a character from the novel for this song...

Archived