1975.05.25 Stereo Remaster

SteveZ98

10 minutes ago, zeplz71 said:

The separation is impressive! 

Thanks. Sometimes the software that splits songs into individual instruments has a hard time separating the keyboards from the guitar. It did a good job in No Quarter but not in Trampled Underfoot, which is why the guitar and keyboards are both in the right channel in that song.

Just listening to Kashmir, first one I always head to, and it is absolutely STUNNING!!!! Drums sound amazing. Hey Steve you are a master my friend. Many sincere thanks. 

And Plant's voice is killer!!! 

Edited by pageluvva
Wanted to add something

37 minutes ago, pageluvva said:

Just listening to Kashmir, first one I always head to, and it is absolutely STUNNING!!!! Drums sound amazing. Hey Steve you are a master my friend. Many sincere thanks. 

And Plant's voice is killer!!! 

Thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I spent a lot of time listening to this show while I was working on it and I really like the performance. In particular, the version of OTHAFA has some great interplay between Jimmy and Bonzo.

I thought you might wait until the soundboard was released before working your magic on this show. I seem to recall some flaws in Millard's tape the last time I listened to it last year.

Edited by Strider

1 minute ago, Strider said:

I thought you might wait until the soundboard was released before working your magic on this show. I seem to recall some flaws in Millard's tape the last time I listened to it last year.

I don't think there's a Millard tape for the last night at Earls Court. As far as I know, this is a soundboard (although it could be an audio soundtrack, not a true soundboard.)

14 minutes ago, SteveZ98 said:

I don't think there's a Millard tape for the last night at Earls Court. As far as I know, this is a soundboard (although it could be an audio soundtrack, not a true soundboard.)

Hahahaha. My bad. I misread 5-25 as 3-25. Big whoops on my part. Sorry for the confusion. What can I say…I am almost 60.

Edited by Strider

On 1/16/2021 at 5:29 PM, SteveZ98 said:

Forgive the stupid question (maybe) but I have been collecting bootlegs for 30 years and have never heard the term audio soundtrack. What does that mean? Like someone lifted the audio from a concert film? Thanks Steve. 

7 hours ago, pageluvva said:

Forgive the stupid question (maybe) but I have been collecting bootlegs for 30 years and have never heard the term audio soundtrack. What does that mean? Like someone lifted the audio from a concert film? Thanks Steve. 

I think Steve meant 'video soundtrack'…the audio from the videotape feed used for the big screen at Earls Court. Similar to the video track bootlegged from the July 17, 1977 Seattle show for many years.

18 minutes ago, Strider said:

I think Steve meant 'video soundtrack'…the audio from the videotape feed used for the big screen at Earls Court. Similar to the video track bootlegged from the July 17, 1977 Seattle show for many years.

Yeah, I did mean 'video soundtrack'. I'm not sure if that's where this audio originated. There are a couple of places in it where there's a background sound like I've only ever heard elsewhere in the July 17, 1977 video. It's just a point of minor interest for me. Regardless of the source, I'm just happy we got to hear the show.