1975.05.25 Stereo Remaster

SteveZ98

On 1/18/2021 at 7:34 PM, SteveZ98 said:

Thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying it. If anyone else wants the link, let me know.

Very impressive, Steve.  I would be most pleased for the link.  I have always favored the 25 May show over the night before when listening to the two "board" recordings.  Thanks for sharing this labor of love.

Chris 

On 1/20/2021 at 4:37 PM, SteveZ98 said:

That sample of Woodstock was from the 5/24/75 show, not 3/24/75 (just wanted to clarify that because a similar question came up yesterday.) I've done very preliminary work on 5/24/75 (basically remixed it to stereo, but that takes little time. The work and majority of time is in remastering it.) The next show I'm planning to release is 9/28/71, which is 99.5% done. After that, my goal is to work on 6/7/77, although that may change depending on how it goes.

My mistake. I knew it was an Earl's Court show but accidentally pressed 3 instead of 5. In regards to 06/07/1977, I have a copy of that show you remastered; does this mean you're redoing it in stereo? 

Edited by Page Les Paul

50 minutes ago, Page Les Paul said:

In regards to 06/07/1977, I have a copy of that show you remastered; does this mean you're redoing it in stereo? 

Yes. One of my buddies was at the show, so I want to get it into stereo for him. When I do, I'll release it here, although I'm not sure when that will happen.

Hi Steve, I started last evening to listen to this creation and on “Sick Again” I hear Page's guitar split from the center into my left earbud. Was that intentional and was it on the original live recording of this concert.

AFK-Zeppy

3 hours ago, ADK-Zeppy said:

Hi Steve, I started last evening to listen to this creation and on “Sick Again” I hear Page's guitar split from the center into my left earbud. Was that intentional and was it on the original live recording of this concert.

AFK-Zeppy

It was not intentional. The software I use to split songs into individual instruments occasionally mistakes a guitar sound for a vocal sound and puts it in the vocal track, which is centered between the speakers. Assuming Robert is not singing at the exact same time, I can move the sound to the right side with the rest of the guitar track pretty easily. However, I don't always notice these kinds of errors, so at times the guitar will briefly drift from the right channel to the center.  The only time it will last for a longer time is in situations like the 1969 shows where Robert and Jimmy did their vocal\guitar duet. Because the guitar and vocal sounds happen at basically the same time in those, I can't really separate them so I normally leave them in the center.

Whoa! Brother, I am late to your "Stereo Project" work, but now I hear what I've been missing. Each show you've done your stuff on is now in Top Position for me, based on a couple hours' of listening,. Can't wait for the luxury of time (after this fucking Covid nightmare) to delve into a deeper exploration of your work. Thanks again---Josh

I'm not going to repeat all the words of praise for Steve's magnificent work, but...as one of the few survivors who genuinely loves the previous night (May 24) also. I wish, I wish Steve would find the time and urgency to compile a full stereo 'Best of the Court' from those two final nights. I'm inclined to the first hour of the last night, No Quarter, Tangerine, acoustic set, Trampled, Dazed & Stairway from 5/24 and then back to 5/25 for WLL and the encores. I promise I will be a good boy for the rest of 21😇

4 hours ago, duckman said:

I'm not going to repeat all the words of praise for Steve's magnificent work, but...as one of the few survivors who genuinely loves the previous night (May 24) also. I wish, I wish Steve would find the time and urgency to compile a full stereo 'Best of the Court' from those two final nights. I'm inclined to the first hour of the last night, No Quarter, Tangerine, acoustic set, Trampled, Dazed & Stairway from 5/24 and then back to 5/25 for WLL and the encores. I promise I will be a good boy for the rest of 21😇

I do have plans to work on the 5/24 show, although I'm not sure when I'll get to it. There are so many things I want to work on that I tend to wander between shows like a kid in a candy store, unable to focus for long on one thing because of all the other possibilities around me. 

• 1 month later...