page , jones , bonham jr & no plant but ?

julieh

New vocalist  

154 members have voted

1. 1. replacement for plant

• Michael White
    • david coverdale
    • Chris Cornell
    • Diamanda Galas
    • john miles
    • no plant no tour
    • instrumental
    • other choice

When John Bonham died so did .25 of Led Zeppelin. If they tour without Robert Plant that is another .25. Now who can tell me what .25+.25 equals? It equal .5, that's half. It would not be Led Zeppelin and they shouldn't tour under that name if it's not Led Zeppelin. You have to have all 4 members for it to be Led Zeppelin. With Jason Boham I'm okay if they call it that, becuase John is no longer with us. When P/P toured again they didn't call it Led Zeppelin. So if P/J tour with Jason I doubt they call it Zep.

I voted no plant no tour in case you couldn't tell.

1. Would sound disgusting without a voice

2. There's no voice in the world that sounds like Robert's

3. They wouldn't be Led Zeppelin anymore

I think Robert's gonna give up and they'll tour (I'm an optimist)

If Jimmy Page , John Paul Jones & Jason Bonham want to tour but Robert Plant does not then ?

Noo!! <_< without plant, never... I really want they go touring [it would be great!! :yay: ] .. but i believe they have to be the three! [two of the original four aren't a group :thumbdown: ... in that case, Jimmy and Robert could play together [before] as Led Zeppelin!]

>>- Ny :hippy: -<<

1. Would sound disgusting without a voice

2. There's no voice in the world that sounds like Robert's

3. They wouldn't be Led Zeppelin anymore

I think Robert's gonna give up and they'll tour (I'm an optimist)

I hope your right...

No Plant, no tour.

Besides what would they call themselves? Not Led Zeppelin for sure.

Maybe:

Led

Led Zeppelin: Unplanted

The band formerly known as Led Zeppelin

or if they went instrumental: Led Steamroller, they would certainly be a hit at Christmas.

I would wait in line at Wal-mart to dig their cd out of the cd bargain bin.

I think that without Plant a tour of the "real Led Zeppelin" would be very difficult, but if there are musicians on the equation, Ian Gillan wouldn't be a bad choice, i think.

This is a Tuffy. Page and Plant toured with out Jonesy because they didn't want to be a Zep Reunion, but they played mostly Zeppelin stuff, but they also had a album together in which it just seemed like it was really their own deal. I would love to see the Jimmy,John, and Jason tour but maybe they should cut an album first so they can change their name. If they start and tour tomorrow without plant, and not call themselves Led Zeppelin, they are not fooling anyone. but i also don't think they should call themselves led zeppelin without Robert too. I Loved the idea that they broke up after Bonzo death, because it was the right thing to do, but if all four decided to go tour under the name of Led Zeppelin, i wouldnt mind because that bonzo son up there.

Is Terry Reid still alive? How About having David Grohl sing instead? LOL

I voted Cornell. If I would have voted yesterday I would have voted No PLnat No Tour. But after I heard Plants latest comments I am sick of him. There is no way that after the proof of O2 that he can think that its not legitimate for old men to play the same old songs. This world needs Zeppelin to do The Ocean. I know he wants some new material from Zep before he would consider it again. I just feel that I would like a chance outside of hitting a lottery of seeing Zeppelin - just for once. Especially before its just too late. Now that I think more I should have voted Instrumental but Chris's "Thank You" blew me away.

it's interesting how everyone says "No Plant, No Tour" but hardly anyone ever says "No Bonzo, No Tour" why's Plant so different from Bonzo?

You're somewhat right... what everyone should have said is this:

"NO ORIGINAL BAND MEMBERS' D.N.A. - NO TOUR (UNDER THE LED ZEPPELIN NAME)"

But the above expression is a little less to the point and doesn't seem as powerful... :blink:

You're somewhat right... what everyone should have said is this:

"NO ORIGINAL BAND MEMBERS' D.N.A. - NO TOUR (UNDER THE LED ZEPPELIN NAME)"

But the above expression is a little less to the point and doesn't seem as powerful... :blink:

does that mean we can have Logan Plant, Scarlet Page, Jason Bonham and one of John Paul's daughters tour as a band, and it will be just like Led Zeppelin??? :blink: hey, we're 1/4 of the way there...

• 4 weeks later...

I voted no plant no tour which i believe that to be the right answer.but if that was the will of the band heres a few that might pull it off and sound pretty good but it would not be led zeppelin

1.JACK RUSSELL-GREAT WHITE

2.RANDY JACKSON-ZEBRA

If Page, Jones, and Bonham toured, it could be cool, if they had a whole gaggle of singers on tour. Honestly Plant is the quintessential front man, for the great rock and roll bands. From his banter to his stage moves to his style(singing and personal) EVERY front man has ripped somethin off of him, so no one singer could cover it.

I would prefer they have Plant, and if they have to tune down a few numbers maybe it'll make em even heavier.

• 1 month later...

I say don't replace him, but let the remaining three go on tour unLEDed. Go instrumental, whatever, bring along Jonesy's church choir for all I care- but get ON with a tour without waiting for Robert to screw the FANs and the BAND once more.

Check this out, too, and go here if you'd like to say your piece: http://www.youchoose.net/campaign/should_l...ce_robert_plant

ps- Robert is playing at Merriweather Post this Summer, and I am boycotting him outright. In fact, I might get a group of disgruntled ZepHeads together for a protest outside the fence before the show. Who's interested?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived