Jump to content

Jimmy Page and Scarlett Sabet in conversation about their spoken word album, Catalyst, British GQ


Recommended Posts

I gave up reading the article as I had to "park the car" What a load of bollocks. Spoken word album? Just about sums his "musical" decade up. Straight to the bin section in WH Smiths along with Coldplay and The Beautiful South's back catalogue

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was interested to learn something new about Page - when he mentioned the poet Christopher Logue and his jazz/poetry EP called Red Bird.  I looked it up.  Interesting.  A few years back on this site I learned about Jimmy's work with the poet Royston Ellis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

She looks very, very scary.

She looks Iranian, with features similar to most Iranian women.

56 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

I gave up reading the article as I had to "park the car" What a load of bollocks. Spoken word album? Just about sums his "musical" decade up. Straight to the bin section in WH Smiths along with Coldplay and The Beautiful South's back catalogue

If they're lucky! It'll probably sell far, far less than those releases. This is a truly niche market release. It's meant to be something they could co-experience/create together, with little to no regard for sales figures.

23 minutes ago, John M said:

I was interested to learn something new about Page - when he mentioned the poet Christopher Logue and his jazz/poetry EP called Red Bird.  I looked it up.  Interesting.  A few years back on this site I learned about Jimmy's work with the poet Royston Ellis.

They remain good friends to this day. One of the great things about Jimmy's photo book is it shared some photos from that era. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like this has already been out a year if I read the article correctly.

At a time when artists like Bruce Springsteen and Neil Young are doing some incredible work, Page issues a spoken word album.  If there was any doubt at all that he is all done as a musician, you can put that doubt safely to rest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy Cow, looked it up on discogs, only 156 pressed on etched vinyl. Unusual for Jimmy as he seems to not be into releasing colored vinyl or anything fancy of that sort, deluxe packaging sure, but the platter is always black if I'm not mistaken. I guess it makes sense here since the 8 tracks fit on one side. Can't even buy it, but I bet it would fetch at least a 1000 in mint condition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tremelo said:

Holy Cow, looked it up on discogs, only 156 pressed on etched vinyl. Unusual for Jimmy as he seems to not be into releasing colored vinyl or anything fancy of that sort, deluxe packaging sure, but the platter is always black if I'm not mistaken. I guess it makes sense here since the 8 tracks fit on one side. Can't even buy it, but I bet it would fetch at least a 1000 in mint condition.

The 156 is of 'magickal' relevance in Thelema.  Using Gematria, 156 is the value of Babalon a/k/a the Scarlet Woman; the wiki on this concept is decent if anyone is interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babalon

As far as the interview, I lost the plot.  I guess I'm too dim to understand or appreciate what they are discussing - seems like an Emperor's clothes thing to me.

Edited by Paimonus Rex
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...