Doom/Stoner Metal

RainbowElf

3 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

I would just like to know if there is anyone here who’s into Doom/Stoner Metal?

Some really cool groovy bands I’ve come across like SLEEP, Orange Goblin.

If anyone here is into this genre, can you recommend some good bands?

Do the albums come with free dugs? If so, count me in.

YAZOOOOOO!!!!

15 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

I would just like to know if there is anyone here who’s into Doom/Stoner Metal?

Some really cool groovy bands I’ve come across like SLEEP, Orange Goblin.

If anyone here is into this genre, can you recommend some good bands?

Just checked out most of the Sleep - Live at the Regency show (youtube) and loved it. Nice grooves for sure. I am open to anything except that death metal voice. 

Thanks for the topic and recommendations. 

These guys need more amps 😳😎

5 hours ago, pageluvva said:

Just checked out most of the Sleep - Live at the Regency show (youtube) and loved it. Nice grooves for sure. I am open to anything except that death metal voice. 

Thanks for the topic and recommendations. 

These guys need more amps 😳😎

Glad I could help, SLEEP is my favorite Doom/Stoner band, also have you ever checked out Pentagram and Bedomon-Child Of Darkness? I would check them out, start with Pentagrams first three albums, Electric Wizard is another good Doom/Stoner Metal band.

Yeah I agree, I hate Death Metal and Black Metal growl singing.

19 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

Glad I could help, SLEEP is my favorite Doom/Stoner band, also have you ever checked out Pentagram and Bedomon-Child Of Darkness? I would check them out, start with Pentagrams first three albums, Electric Wizard is another good Doom/Stoner Metal band.

Yeah I agree, I hate Death Metal and Black Metal growl singing.

Just checked out  Pentagram's First Daze Here (early stuff) and it was amazing. Huge Sabbath feel to them. More hard rock than metal (whatever that means). I loved it! 

Now I have on, Bedemon - Child of Darkness. Bootleg quality (is it a bootleg) but damn that is some fine heavy R&R. Raw and dark. If anything the rough quality of it adds to the experience. GREAT voice. And heavy bass loud in the mix, always a good thing. 

Of the 2 I preferred Bedemon but dug 'em both. God I love the 70s! 

Hey Elf many thanks. 

45 minutes ago, pageluvva said:

Just checked out  Pentagram's First Daze Here (early stuff) and it was amazing. Huge Sabbath feel to them. More hard rock than metal (whatever that means). I loved it! 

Now I have on, Bedemon - Child of Darkness. Bootleg quality (is it a bootleg) but damn that is some fine heavy R&R. Raw and dark. If anything the rough quality of it adds to the experience. GREAT voice. And heavy bass loud in the mix, always a good thing. 

Of the 2 I preferred Bedemon but dug 'em both. God I love the 70s! 

Hey Elf many thanks. 

Yeah Bedemon is real good the guy died though, if you read the story of the band they were like a crossover project from Pentagram, the 70's were the best indeed!!!

I'm really digging this Doom/Stoner Metal stuff, Sleep I've been into since their Holy Mountain album came out in the early 90's, always looking for new bands, you might want to check out Bloody Hammers they're another favorite of mine, start with their self titled debut, they just released a brand new album a week ago Songs Of Unspeakable Terror, they're a husband and wife team.

There are a couple of Youtube channels that cover this kind of music. First one is Stoned Meadow of Doom: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCknVpWR6m2Ijzkqo-aPXs_g. The second is 666MrDoom: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7eKF0lPY8LNwfczq9UFlxg. There's tons of albums on each one so you'll need to do some digging, but it's well worth it to find the best of the current bands.

If you're interested in stuff from the 1970s that influenced the modern bands, try these:

Lucifer's Friend (1st album)

Gun:

Jukin' Bone:

Dust:

Armageddon (Keith Relf's last band)

Warpig:

Master's Apprentices:

10 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Yup, huge stoner/doom fan.  Surprised no one's mentioned the foundational bands like Trouble, Kyuss, Fu Manchu, etc.

I've heard Kyuss, and heard of Trouble just not Trouble's music, I'll check them out when I get time.

10 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Here's a killer mixcloud station for this sort of thing (it's a descendant of the old stonerobixxx blog):

I'll also check this out when I get time, thank you JohnOsbourne.

• 2 years later...