Jump to content

Recommended Posts

There is the original release 148 x 70 lps and 2 x 72 lps . I am referring obviously to the Final Option . Now I have seen lots of pictures of this set . Then I read years ago that The Swinging Pig label issued a copy . Try as I might I have never seen a picture of the Swinging Pig issue . When I tried checking online the usual pictures of the original release appear . So my questions are  - 

a ) did Swinging Pig release a copy of the original ?

b ) anyone reading this do they have the Swinging Pig set and if so can they provide some pictures 

c ) how do you tell the difference between the two sets ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, john morrison said:

There is the original release 148 x 70 lps and 2 x 72 lps . I am referring obviously to the Final Option . Now I have seen lots of pictures of this set . Then I read years ago that The Swinging Pig label issued a copy . Try as I might I have never seen a picture of the Swinging Pig issue . When I tried checking online the usual pictures of the original release appear . So my questions are  - 

a ) did Swinging Pig release a copy of the original ?

b ) anyone reading this do they have the Swinging Pig set and if so can they provide some pictures 

c ) how do you tell the difference between the two sets ? 

Never heard of a Swingin`Pig release.

 []

IMO the soundquality of the Final Option Box is outdated for a long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you for taking the time to reply 

if you refer to the led zeppelin database and under the vinyl section look up the final option , the contributor refers to a swinging pig release in 2007 

now that is a chap who knows his onions but try as I might and I have tried repeatedly I cannot find a reference anywhere to the swinging pig release 

so much so I am beginning to doubt that there was such a release 

taking your closing comment I prefer to play lps and have a lot of zep boots . lps imho sound better . even older boot lps eg original eddie sound as good current eddie cds . but it is a very personal thing and each to there own . it is a pity I cant sit you down in my seat hand you a beer and then play lps against cds 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SteveZ98 said:

Are you sure that the white splash vinyl indicates that there is a Swingin´Pig release? Is it confirmed that the LPs of the original RSR release are black? I think I haven´t seen pictures of black LPs yet.

Also, I haven´t seen a photo of a box with the Swingin`Pig logo either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

steve 

thank you for that . i have seen that picture . so the swinging pig outer case is more or less identical to the original . same labelling etc . and as far as i can make and out and unlike swinging pig titles there is no swinging pig label on the outer case . the splash coloured vinyl is not dissimilar to the original . I think I have now worked out which version I have  . not that it really matters . the set is wonderful . 

a throw away comment on sound quality . purely personal of course  . latest zep lp memory frozen forever / casino records . I have various cd versions of this concert as I am sure lots have including godfather records . the sound quality of the casino lp set is better than the various cd releases . and to be fair it is better than the toasted and stork lp sets .

thank you 

Link to post
Share on other sites

good evening autumn moon 

I think matters would be resolved if someone were able to put side by side 

one vinyl form the original release and one from swinging pig .... or maybe not 

put simply swinging pig did release a copy but how do you tell them apart . suffice to say I got my set privately from an exemplary source  who said it was one of the original sets ( no 77 ) and I believe I have the original but ... as I said doesnt really matter 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Autumn Moon said:

Are you sure that the white splash vinyl indicates that there is a Swingin´Pig release? Is it confirmed that the LPs of the original RSR release are black? I think I haven´t seen pictures of black LPs yet.

Also, I haven´t seen a photo of a box with the Swingin`Pig logo either.

That info was from Hot Wacks, which used to be the bootleg bible back when that post was written.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, john morrison said:

taking your closing comment I prefer to play lps and have a lot of zep boots . lps imho sound better . even older boot lps eg original eddie sound as good current eddie cds . but it is a very personal thing and each to there own . it is a pity I cant sit you down in my seat hand you a beer and then play lps against cds 

Funny, when it´s about official releases I prefer vinyl, have collected a lot of first/early pressings and Mofi or Analogue Prod. releases- CDs for the car and boots. I had some LZ LP-boots in the early 90ies, sold them when I discovered better sounding CDs over the years. The recent "Going to Cal"- 9/14 LP on Casino Records is a really good sounding release, but I do prefer the excellent Graf Zeppelin CD.

Anyway, enjoy your Final Option, that´s all that matters.

And yes, it´s a pity......

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...