Led Zep Most played Song Live!

<< The 1st noted public performance of Whole Lotta Love was in December 1969 >>

no - whole lotta love was performed as early as 4/26/69

I was under the impression that the first live performance of WLL was in November 1969 at Winterland. It's a rather primitive sounding take, in fact. I guess you learn something new every day...

I can write a program that will search through the timeline on this site and count the songs in the setlists from every show.

I could post the results for every song if you wanted, not just the most played.

Do you think the results would be useful in any way?

Does anyone want me to do this? It might take me a day or so.

My only concern is that not all the setlists are known for certain. So the list I compile would be an estimation. However, I think it'll be closer than what we have now.

Do I have the green light?

Absolutely I think it's a great Idea.

I had also looked at when SIBLY was dropped in 75 but I still think that it wins out.

Lets wait and see.

It's all fun at the end of the day.

Cheers!

And Zeppelin took December off in 1969. Larrybadgely must have taken too many of his own meds.

Er,,,,Saturday December 6th 1969, L'ecole Centrale Paris France.

This was the 1st confirmed performance of WLL.

I know they took December off which would only reaaffirm my belief that SIBLY was the most played live track.

Now off to have some more meds ha!

It's all fun but i'd love to know the answer.

Best wishes chaps.

Its probly Dazed or Rock and Roll, but I'm too lazy to find out.

I remember I added up how many times Dazed was actually played live and at an average of 18.5 minutes per Dazed, it works out that they have played it for like 5.7 days (so 136.8 hours).

<< The 1st noted public performance of Whole Lotta Love was in December 1969 >>

no - whole lotta love was performed as early as 4/26/69

Absolutely right. I missed that one. I suppose i'm looking at when it was looking like it became a regular part of the set. I hope you agree that there's only 3 contenders though, DnC, WLL, SIBLY.

Cheers!

Absolutely right. I missed that one. I suppose i'm looking at when it was looking like it became a regular part of the set. I hope you agree that there's only 3 contenders though, DnC, WLL, SIBLY.

Cheers!

I am pretty sure that in April 1969 they did play WLL -- not exactly in true form but it seemed like a song they were working on and wanted to throw into the set. It was either on April 25th or 26th 1969 at the Fillmore west -- I have the recording on CD. Page used the theramin live for the first time at this particular show.

Its probly Dazed or Rock and Roll, but I'm too lazy to find out.

I remember I added up how many times Dazed was actually played live and at an average of 18.5 minutes per Dazed, it works out that they have played it for like 5.7 days (so 136.8 hours).

are all the times Dazed was played live accounted for? How did you come up with this number and where did you get your data?

I'm trying to do a similar project.

Archived