2021 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

On 3/18/2021 at 2:00 PM, paul carruthers said:

Just for kicks, I entered the "Opening Day" pick 'em contest at the MLB website. Seems like good fun & maybe, just maybe I picked all the right winners...

I am going to check it out.  So I am wondering if you or Sean are thinking of starting our old contest here?

PS, thanks for the info Paul. I  just  joined the free and pay leagues. Going to draft tomorrow

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

So much for pre ranking my players .  I had to scramble to get the guys I wanted and participated in the live draft.  Can you believe I got Bellinger at number 8?  Still on the board.  I like my lineup.  I could not find Kremer, the young Orioles pitcher and was shocked he was apparently taken?  No.  I found him later and have put in a request to pick him up on waiver.  I should have him.  I have John Means, Giolito of the White Sox.    I even took one Yankee, Severino.  I have Correa at SS, Shoop at 2nd, two 3rd basemen.  Kris Bryant of Cubs and Justin Turner of Dodgers.  Have Comforto in OF, with Santander and Mountcastle of my Orioles.  Posey is my catcher and I have Iglesias, the guy the Angels stole from my Orioles on my utility.  Playing some damn fool named angry tick. He is going tot be even angrier when I am finished with his sorry ass lineup

John Means and my O's are underdogs to the Bosox and that bum Eovoldi?  OK Bring that shit on.  I put my money down yesterday.  My only fear is the damn forcast.  80% rain. Hopefully they will be able to play the game. Anyone from the Boston area let me know please if you hear a more accurate local forecast?  

On 3/18/2021 at 2:00 PM, paul carruthers said:

Just for kicks, I entered the "Opening Day" pick 'em contest at the MLB website. Seems like good fun & maybe, just maybe I picked all the right winners...

I joined a Yahoo league.  I have your boy Comforto in the outfield.  The only damn outfielder I have that does not have DTD next to him

7 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

deGrom vs. Max Scherzer tomorrow, should be a dandy....

If the weather holds out.  Snow in the morning, 40s, rainy and windy all day.  May clear up by evening, but I'm really glad I won't be sitting out there the cold. 

Mets/Nationals postponed due to Co-vid. Sort of puts a damper on the day, even though there's a good slate of games on the schedule... 

This is exactly why I didn't want to do a contest--too many headaches with co-vid cancellations....

Edited by paul carruthers

On 3/18/2021 at 11:00 AM, paul carruthers said:

Bon chance PC! 

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I wasn't sure what to expect, given some of the slop games from Opening Day, but this has been a great pitcher's duel in Boston. Not sure if I agree with Alex Cora pulling Eovaldi after 5 and 1.3 innings, but it's early...

😏

Worked for me :D

Os in first place!!!  Until...soon...  

11 minutes ago, ebk said:

Worked for me :D

Os in first place!!!  Until...soon...  

How sweet it is!!!  I had to follow it on the web.  That makes me mad because MLB channel has been free the first few days for years.  They must be desperate.  I am not  a bit surprised by John Means performance. I expect plenty more.  And I expect Kremer to be good too.  Go O's!!!!!  Fly!!!!!!

Surprised to hear this.  This vaccine is supposed to be slowing down things like this.  They also canceled horse racing in Canada for a month, harness at Woodbine in Toronto.  I wonder who and how many are actually infected?

Speaking of your Mets, Harvey, an ex Met from my understanding is pitching for my Orioles today.  I am a bit surprised Kremer is not going as the second in this 5 man rotation?   Means is the ace no doubt. Great start. I believe Kremer will impress.  Not sure about the other 3.  Lopez is pretty good I believe?  Maybe Esther can weigh in on this?

So the Orioles WIN AGAIN!!!!!!  So why not start Kremer at Boston tomorrow instead of throwing him to the wolves at NY on Tuesday?  I do not get this?  He is certainly more talented than most on this rotation excluding John Means.  What are you doing Hyde?  Yes you are 2-0.  We know how quickly things can go South

11 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

With the Mets out of action, I have to find something to watch. Right now streaming a pretty good game between the Twins and Brewers....

Having the Yankees and your Mets shoved up my ass so often makes it harder for me to watch games that mean nothing to me.  So the O's play your division.  I notice we play the Phillies only 3 times. In Philly and in September, when football will be going.  Your ex Met Harvey started yesterday. Did not get the win but did well enough.  I hope we sweep them today.  Its not easy to sweep a team these days.  I am looking forward to seeing how Kremer does at the Yankees on Tuesday.  I still cant believe the Orioles let Iglesias get away.  The Angels must have offered him a good number?  So I am not sure if the Mets are infected or the Nats?  I hope it does not get out of control.  With the vaccine out and all over I am a bit surprised this happened.

^^ I believe the reports were that the Nationals were the team that had players test positive--hopefully no trouble will come with our upcoming games against the Phillies. Can't believe the Phillies are putting the wood to the Braves, so far....

I had not looked at the entire Mets schedule, so I had no idea we're playing the AL East in interleague again. I think I'm looking forward to seeing the NL Central and West again...

19 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ I believe the reports were that the Nationals were the team that had players test positive--hopefully no trouble will come with our upcoming games against the Phillies. Can't believe the Phillies are putting the wood to the Braves, so far....

I had not looked at the entire Mets schedule, so I had no idea we're playing the AL East in interleague again. I think I'm looking forward to seeing the NL Central and West again...

No doubt more Covid interference since they are trying to cut travel.  I cant wait to see the Houston Astros make their first appearance in Yankee stadium and LA?  I doubt they play LA?  Will check, but they are going to get booed like there is no tomorrow.   I am surprised that Oakland has played so poorly in first two.  I hope to leave Boston with  a sweep but I know its tough.  Have no clue what to expect from this Zimmerman.    I also am surprised the Braves have not played better.  Ill be shocked if Phillies sweep.  Nick Markakis has retired.  I wish the Orioles would suit him up for one game and have him retire as an Oriole.  He will be remembered as a Baltimore Oriole.

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

So does this mean I won’t have to show id when I pick up my tickets? Hypocrites. I’ll never know as MLB has been dead to me since 1994.

Who you going to see?  My Orioles take Boston out to the woodshed!!!  At Yankees tomorrow.  I am streaming and can’t get the damn Yankees!  Might go to a bar Tuesday because it’s Kremer vs Cole.  I can get the full game highlights on YouTube.  MLB are greedy blood sucking bastards.  Every year they have first week free.  Not now. Trying to get all their Covid loss’s back fast

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Who you going to see?  

No one. Baseball's had some great moments since the strike shortened '94 season but my enthusiasm and interest in MLB pretty much died with that player's strike. I've probably seen at most three games since then, and two of those were merely for the sake of experiencing a games at Wrigley Field in Chicago and PNC Park in Pittsburgh.